Preston’s fans thoughts on tomorrow’s game.

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Quality.

Admit it. You’ve been counting down the days to the Preston match to use that one. 

:blush:Actually popped into my head yesterday when discussing the prospects at Deepdale while fishing, it amused Hughthecone as well. 

Always a tough game there, I like the way they go about things and how they have players making a step up, or developing premier league cast offs. 

I dont think that would work here with the expectations but there are elements of it we can adopt.

I don’t like one or two of their current squad though particularly Gallagher and Pearson. They got a bit riled about FF in the last few years and took the high ground on it, but have proceeded to try and dive about themselves ever since 

One of my criticisms of us, and its partially tongue in cheek, is that we're too nice as a team. Always have been. We don't do the sh11thousery that other teams do. We don't dive about looking for fouls and we certainly don't kick lumps out of the opposition. 2nd half against Luton we stepped up the physicality and everyone noticed. We were hardly the crazy gang though. No idea where these Preston fans get their ideas from but I hope we beat em by whatever mea s necessary, there'll be some reight bleating from em. 

51 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Is all the diving and histrionics down to Alex Neil or is it the players own way of playing. 

If it's Neil's way then I wouldn't want him as our manager thank you.

The histrionics have been going on for ages, referee manipulation is bred in them now, what is so disappointing is that they can play good attacking footy but see the darker side as "all part of the game"

As others have said the small size of the local gene pool might have led to the fans blissful unawareness.

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

One of my criticisms of us, and its partially tongue in cheek, is that we're too nice as a team. Always have been. We don't do the sh11thousery that other teams do. We don't dive about looking for fouls and we certainly don't kick lumps out of the opposition. 2nd half against Luton we stepped up the physicality and everyone noticed. We were hardly the crazy gang though. No idea where these Preston fans get their ideas from but I hope we beat em by whatever mea s necessary, there'll be some reight bleating from em. 

Not sure Sgt Wilko would agree with that.