Club Statement

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

I'd go even further SiJ. I think they want to close Hillsborough down completely and force us to relocate. Their own actions played a huge part in the disaster (both the council and SYP) and on top of that we refused to play along with moving to Don Valley. It's revenge time.

Totally agree with you. 

39 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Those who council claim to have complained only complained because they most likely want to enter and exit via West end of stadium, probably in hope that SAG might listen and let us use that end. 

I think they (council/sag) have completely got wrong end of stick and think fans were complaining because they were feeling unsafe. 

I think that they have got the wrong end of the stick but not accidentally. 

1 hour ago, folger said:

DC has more money than the council and I presume these costs are outside of FFP? I hope DC runs the corrupt labour council into the ground in legal costs and they get put into special measures. As for the reason for all of this nonsense we all know don't we.

Unfortunately the Council have loads of money (ours), and they dont mind wasting the lot.

I think these current measures of home fans not using Leppings Lane will in fact cause more problems when teams with big followings like Leeds, Derby etc visit. Normally when fans exit together as as been the case forever the fans mix as soon as they leave the ground and 99% of the time go about their business as making their way to trams or buses or walking away from ground with no prblems whatsover.

Now I can see that fans wil be in large groups that will eventually meet at tram stops and on Middlewood Road and there being more likely to be confrontations than before, so can see the police having more problems to be honest! It's just totally stupid how this has got to this stage and the SAG and SYP should think carefully about their next move.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Write / email too him and copy in your local councillor and MP.

He may appear to be an unelected official, but he answers to the Councillors directly and your MP represents you whether he's Red, Yellow or Blue.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/your-city-council/management-teams

This is the problem with the EU, the people making the decisions appear to be untouchable / unelected. Sheffield City council are not the EU.

No they are not.

They're f 00king worse.

Its gonna be like the storming of the bastille..or that Russian thingy...when the Cossacks in red square or Winter palace or wherever suddenly sided wiv the people!!

All The Wednesdayite coppers and stewards will tip us the wink....and we will be victorious...

Obvious it will just be pointing with no real violence...

But it will be EXACTLY the same...

Some form of organised protest is needed to attract the media's attention away from SYP's fairytale narrative and towards the genuine reality of the situation they're not-so-carefully constructing.

Even if we can just get a chant started at the next few home games, it'll be hard for those reporting on the game to remain silent on the matter.

As for what we chant, I'm struggling for inspiration. A particular ditty by NWA springs to mind, but I doubt that'll help our cause. Something a bit more constructive yet to the point would be good.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Some form of organised protest is needed to attract the media's attention away from SYP's fairytale narrative and towards the genuine reality of the situation they're not-so-carefully constructing.

Even if we can just get a chant started at the next few home games, it'll be hard for those reporting on the game to remain silent on the matter.

As for what we chant, I'm struggling for inspiration. A particular ditty by NWA springs to mind, but I doubt that'll help our cause. Something a bit more constructive yet to the point would be good.

A reworked version of white flag by Dido..

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Sumat by...."One direction"?

• Haha 3

This isn't a dig at our wonderful fans. It really isn't...

But..

IF this was abroad or at certain clubs in the UK then the fans would be in absolute mass revolt. There'd be organised protests and a strong arm of resistance against the 'smearing authorities'. 

What can we do as fans that has an impact apart from keep complaining online or writing emails?

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

This isn't a dig at our wonderful fans. It really isn't...

But..

IF this was abroad or at certain clubs in the UK then the fans would be in absolute mass revolt. There'd be organised protests and a strong arm of resistance against the 'smearing authorities'. 

What can we do as fans that has an impact apart from keep complaining online or writing emails?

Texting?