Club Statement

Those who council claim to have complained only complained because they most likely want to enter and exit via West end of stadium, probably in hope that SAG might listen and let us use that end. 

I think they (council/sag) have completely got wrong end of stick and think fans were complaining because they were feeling unsafe. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ridiculous thing to say. Absolutely disgraceful. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And you can’t hide from that comment @McRightSide. I quoted it before you deleted it. Think before you post things like that. 

Deserves to be banned for that comment mods. I'm referring to @McRightSide not Sally. 

Edited by English Man

The fans who complained about Tuesday night, will have been complaining about the stupid situation that SYP, SAG and the Council have engineered. 

Unfortunately, the Council are seemingly playing dirty (again) and using said comments out of context to defend their "position". 

W@nkers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Remember Mothersole isn't a councillor and is simply an unelected civil servant.

People should distinguish between two.

The way to affect anything to do with the council is through the elected councillors. If they get pressure they will put pressure on the body concerned.  They will ignore 1 or 2 letters but if they start to feel they won't get re-elected they will take note. 

From the SAGs own document ...

3.2 Prohibition Notice

3.2.1 Section 10 of the 1975 Act enables the Council to issue a prohibition notice in respect of all or part of any sports ground if it considers that ‘the admission of spectators to a sports ground or any part of a sports ground involves or would involve a risk to them so serious that, until steps have been taken to reduce it to a reasonable level, admission of spectators to the ground or that part of the ground ought to be prohibited or restricted’.

How many injuries and/or arrests at the Leppings Lane end vs SUFC

How many injuries and/or arrests at the Leppings Lane end vs AVFC 

How many injuries and/or arrests at the Leppings Lane end for the other 21 home games of the 18/19 season

3.2.2 The Council needs to ensure that it can, if necessary be able to issue a notice in a very short space of time and without reference to senior officers or to members (see delegated powers). The issuing of a Prohibition Notice must be seen as a last resort and it can be appealed in a magistrate’s court but prior to the hearing the Prohibition Notice stands.

Short notice, they’ve been itching for years, particularly since a certain inquest. 

Last resort, they dropped it on the club at short notice, with seemingly limited consultation. 

IT appears the SAG has failed to follow its own guidelines ... incompetent and agenda driven 

• Like 3

So the outcome of this continuing fiasco? SYP make a balls of the derby, and people complain. So SYP commission an “ independent” report that exonerates them of all blame, and shows it’s the ground/ crowd that was the problem. Their “ freinds/ lodge buddies at the council back this up. But now things are different because there are no lodge buddies at S6 anymore so they can now tip the full  tin of poo on Wednesday. Promble is DC anoint going to take this, but now he has to deal with the courts. Now I wonder who will be hearing this? Oh yeah the lodge buddies. 

And yet anyone who who has followed the fiasco would say “ what the bloody hells going on here, this is absolute nonsense”

welcome to British culture Mr C

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

That's the trouble with modern politicians is they forget they are elected representatives. They no longer feel the need to represent, or consider the consequences of that with the electorate. If I lived in Hillsborough I'd write to your MP on this issue. 

Vote them all out of office, every last one of them. It's the only message that they understand.

54 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's so obvious what is going on here. 

Ever since a report came out from a certain inquiry, SAG and others have gone out of their way to make things difficult for the club on matchdays. 

It seems like with each passing season, more and more of the ground has been closed down to the paying public. They are absolutely petrified at the potential headlines; another incident at Hillsborough. 

In March at the derby, SYP completely mishandled the policing of the game. The whole thing was a shambles from start to finish. They tried to put on a big show (cops everywhere, limited access to pubs, helicopters, drones etc) and still managed to balls up the crucial part i.e. when to let the United fans out. 

They get rightly castigated for doing so and in traditional SYP style (old habits die hard) obtain a report from a former policeman in an effort to shift the blame from them onto us/the ground. That report was a hatchet job, nothing more. 

Now, having closed down one of the main exits for a stand which holds thousands of people (meaning thousands of people are now piling out onto Pennistone road), some d*ckhead from the Council has seen fit to try and discredit the club further; with the added threat of further punishment. 

Is this whole thing due to their ineptness, or a very calculated campaign to have the North Stand completely closed to the general public? I'm leaning more and more towards the latter. 

It's an ass covering exercise as you say. They would be pilloried if something happened so they will go to the Nth degree to ensure safety. They will carry on going too far until someone like the council or courts say enough is enough. Then they cam always say 'we wanted to do X but weren't allowed.

3 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

From the SAGs own document ...

3.2 Prohibition Notice

3.2.1 Section 10 of the 1975 Act enables the Council to issue a prohibition notice in respect of all or part of any sports ground if it considers that ‘the admission of spectators to a sports ground or any part of a sports ground involves or would involve a risk to them so serious that, until steps have been taken to reduce it to a reasonable level, admission of spectators to the ground or that part of the ground ought to be prohibited or restricted’.

How many injuries and/or arrests at the Leppings Lane end vs SUFC

How many injuries and/or arrests at the Leppings Lane end vs AVFC 

How many injuries and/or arrests at the Leppings Lane end for the other 21 home games of the 18/19 season

3.2.2 The Council needs to ensure that it can, if necessary be able to issue a notice in a very short space of time and without reference to senior officers or to members (see delegated powers). The issuing of a Prohibition Notice must be seen as a last resort and it can be appealed in a magistrate’s court but prior to the hearing the Prohibition Notice stands.

Short notice, they’ve been itching for years, particularly since a certain inquest. 

Last resort, they dropped it on the club at short notice, with seemingly limited consultation. 

IT appears the SAG has failed to follow its own guidelines ... incompetent and agenda driven 

That first sentence in bold type isn't even true. There is, and has never been to home fans, any serious risk getting in. So they're ignoring their own guidelines? I can't work it out anymore. We were going in & leaving fine, until SYP moved the derby match & lost control at the end of it. 

If they want to do this under handedly  in the media  ,Id play them at their own game. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc etc .

I would send this out and tag all the clubs in our division, The FA and football league -:

Sadly due to restrictions placed on swfc by Sheffield City Council and South Yorkshire Police , all away fans will be banned from Hillsborough until further notice

If you would like to raise issue with this please contact @sheffield council and @South Yorkshire Police or write to....e-mail...etc etc etc

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

That first sentence in bold type isn't even true. There is, and has never been to home fans, any serious risk getting in. So they're ignoring their own guidelines? I can't work it out anymore. We were going in & leaving fine, until SYP moved the derby match & lost control at the end of it. 

I know 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

It's so obvious what is going on here. 

Ever since a report came out from a certain inquiry, SAG and others have gone out of their way to make things difficult for the club on matchdays. 

It seems like with each passing season, more and more of the ground has been closed down to the paying public. They are absolutely petrified at the potential headlines; another incident at Hillsborough. 

In March at the derby, SYP completely mishandled the policing of the game. The whole thing was a shambles from start to finish. They tried to put on a big show (cops everywhere, limited access to pubs, helicopters, drones etc) and still managed to balls up the crucial part i.e. when to let the United fans out. 

They get rightly castigated for doing so and in traditional SYP style (old habits die hard) obtain a report from a former policeman in an effort to shift the blame from them onto us/the ground. That report was a hatchet job, nothing more. 

Now, having closed down one of the main exits for a stand which holds thousands of people (meaning thousands of people are now piling out onto Pennistone road), some d*ckhead from the Council has seen fit to try and discredit the club further; with the added threat of further punishment. 

Is this whole thing due to their ineptness, or a very calculated campaign to have the North Stand completely closed to the general public? I'm leaning more and more towards the latter. 

I'd go even further SiJ. I think they want to close Hillsborough down completely and force us to relocate. Their own actions played a huge part in the disaster (both the council and SYP) and on top of that we refused to play along with moving to Don Valley. It's revenge time.

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

How far from the ground does the clubs responsiblity lie? I'm all for shutting penistone Road, I want it to happen before someone is injured. People complaining may cause it to be closed before the worst happens. People have to complain if stuff is happening that they feel strongly about. 

According to syp probably from Penistone Road to Salford is the club's responsibility.

• Haha 1