Club Statement

I have been going to Hillsborough for over 60 years. I have taken my children and grandchildren regularly I can honestly say that I have never once been concerned about our safety. I was shocked when I read the statement issued by Sheffield council. That statement has now left me absolutely convinced this is political.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

This isn't a dig at our wonderful fans. It really isn't...

But..

IF this was abroad or at certain clubs in the UK then the fans would be in absolute mass revolt. There'd be organised protests and a strong arm of resistance against the 'smearing authorities'. 

What can we do as fans that has an impact apart from keep complaining online or writing emails?

Wait for the responses first. Don't play into their hands and be painted as the problem. 

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

But..

IF this was abroad or at certain clubs in the UK then the fans would be in absolute mass revolt. There'd be organised protests and a strong arm of resistance against the 'smearing authorities'. 

What can we do as fans that has an impact apart from keep complaining online or writing emails?

download.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

If they want to do this under handedly  in the media  ,Id play them at their own game. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc etc .

I would send this out and tag all the clubs in our division, The FA and football league -:

Sadly due to restrictions placed on swfc by Sheffield City Council and South Yorkshire Police , all away fans will be banned from Hillsborough until further notice

If you would like to raise issue with this please contact @sheffield council and @South Yorkshire Police or write to....e-mail...etc etc etc

Wouldnt work Snoots. The EFL would dock us 12 points and give Fessi a six game ban 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

I'd go even further SiJ. I think they want to close Hillsborough down completely and force us to relocate. Their own actions  sheer incompetence  played a huge part in the disaster (both the council and SYP) and on top of that we refused to play along with moving to Don Valley. It's revenge time.

corrected it 

17 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

But..

Gather at the temporary barriers before home games at the LL end. Preferably armed with chips & curry sauce from the chinese. It's still a through road & a public right of way on match days. A couple of Father Ted type placards; Down with this sort of thing. RAG TAG SAG. SYP'd off with this nonsense. In Through The Out Door (Led Zep) 

6 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Gather at the temporary barriers before home games at the LL end. Preferably armed with chips & curry sauce from the chinese. It's still a through road & a public right of way on match days. A couple of Father Ted type placards; Down with this sort of thing. RAG TAG SAG. SYP'd off with this nonsense. In Through The Out Door (Led Zep) 

What has Snoots sexual proclivities got to do with anything? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Wouldnt work Snoots. The EFL would dock us 12 points and give Fessi a six game ban 

Joking aside , if they want to play out their game via insinuating untruths  dropped in the media then they should be met with a wall of fact.  

For every malicious comment they make there should be an eruption of facts and counter.  We can blast out 10,000 tweets at a time to counter every statement of theirs.

We have young and more technology/networked sussed young supporters than me who could easily create an online tsunami against these slithering clowns.

As the Baron always said-:

simon.bmp

"FIRE MUST BE FOUGHT WITH FIRE!"

• Like 2

Guest paulvcooke
3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Chill out man, I literally deleted it 10 seconds after I posted it. 

Its not hiding, it’s just recognising it was a poor post.

Poor post? Do you believe what you said in your swifly deleted post?

If you do, why delete it, have the courage of your convictions and stand up for your beliefs, popular or not, fact or BS.

If you don’t believe it, why did you post it?

You don’t have to answer, or justify your opinions to me (or anyone). I have however made my mind up about you.

36 minutes ago, geriatricowl said:

I have been going to Hillsborough for over 60 years. I have taken my children and grandchildren regularly I can honestly say that I have never once been concerned about our safety. I was shocked when I read the statement issued by Sheffield council. That statement has now left me absolutely convinced this is political.  

Me too pal.

Let's remember that councillors are just ordinary everyday people and some are not the brightest but would rather sit on couple of committees and claim expenses, rather than have what I consider to be a proper job.

BUT also remember they are voted to be there.

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

“If we are not satisfied that Sheffield Wednesday can fulfil the required safety measures then we will take further action to ensure that everyone who attends games can do so safely.”

Dear Sheffield Council

I was most pleased and impressed with your promise to ensure I can attend Sheffield Wednesday games safely. In order to ensure you can meet your promise I'll outline my matchday experience.

My journey to matches involves traveling on heavily potholed roads, roads which are sometimes gridlocked due to generations of inadequate town planning or simply road works which spring up at the worst possible times, like those arranging them don't consider any outside factors such as football matches being played locally on the very same night as a one night Street closure for road works (funnily the road works never seen to be in place to fix the potholes)... more often than not I end up walking, down streets which are often no-go areas after dark due to inadequate streetlighting.

My path crosses numerous ne'er-do-wells who are either actively intimidating, spiced off their boobies or otherwise public nuisances due in no small part to the lack of adequate local policing levels which means the crimes they commit go unpunished and they remain free to roam the streets.

I often turn my ankle on litter left lying on the pavements, though this is partially my fault as I'm normally too busy looking at the latest offensive graffiti adorning the sinkhole estates left to go to ruination by those with authority over them (side question: do you happen to know who has authority over these council estates?).

I don't always walk, occasionally I will cycle, along the fantastic cycle network of Sheffield which has cycle lanes stopping abruptly, throwing me at the mercy of a dual carriageway, or cycle lanes with the aforementioned poor streetlights built across them, forcing me to once again merge into fast moving traffic or into pedestrians.

In light of the above I genuinely welcome your promise to resolve these issues, then maybe once you are no longer headquartered in a glasshouse, you can look at that pesky Sheffield Wednesday without displaying ridiculous levels of double standards in regards to safety.

Yours gratefully

Binky

Edited by Binky Griptite
  • Like 7