Club Statement

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I reckon that its time we had a mass email protest to both the Cops and Sheffield Council inundate the bastads and keep emailing and calling until they answer 

Spot on...Ive emailed....but don't use a template...put it in your own words...

12 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

You’d expect those in paid employment on the SAG and SCC would expect more detail than two unsubstantiated social media accounts ... if they didn’t, well they are not fit for duty 

Or it doesn’t fit their agenda...and they know that it’s extremely difficult to argue against public safety.

I mean, I’ve read hundreds of comments on here saying it’s unsafe...so they’ll just go ‘ok...less numbers then = more safety”

12 minutes ago, markg said:

So in that case the club hasn't fulfilled it's duty of ensuring safety of supporters and we should reduce capacity to ensure that there aren't so many fans all exiting at the same time.

That's how it will be reported and will fit the agenda of the council and spy

How far from the ground does the clubs responsiblity lie? I'm all for shutting penistone Road, I want it to happen before someone is injured. People complaining may cause it to be closed before the worst happens. People have to complain if stuff is happening that they feel strongly about. 

Just now, asteener1867 said:

I'm sure A councillor who's seat is threatened will have a word 

Yes Andy - that is the route it should go. Once a civil servant starts acting like a councillor it's time for the elected councillors to reign him in.

I urge all SWFC to write/email to their councillor/MP and raise this matter.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Remember Mothersole isn't a councillor and is simply an unelected civil servant.

People should distinguish between two.

This is why I made the point yesterday that he would be more vulnerable to a tirade of negative publicity & double standards.

Police commissioner however & other councillors would be fair game. Especially when you look at the relatively low numbers they got elected on.

25,000 regulars at the ground & God knows how many in the actual fan base. Could send a shiver down all their spines (if they fu***n had one).

7 minutes ago, Animis said:

What does the following mean:?

...there are legal proceedings pending before the Magistrates Court and their own Licensing Sub Committee.

I thought we were just subject to a prohibition notice - have we issued legal proceedings against SAG?

We have appealed the Prohibition Notice 

i can’t see however a magistrate quashing the Prohibition Notice, it’s way over their pay grade.  Rather, he may insist upon all parties trying to find common ground (I think if it’s appealed the PN is held in abeyance  (like say an Abatement Notice is) but would need to check) 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

1 minute ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

We have appealed the Prohibition Notice 

Thanks - wasn't aware of this.

I wonder if the appeal stimulated Mothersole's 'outburst'?

We ought to file civil proceedings against him as well for defamation.

Just to clarify, a Prohibition Notice is not held in abeyance during appeal 

No way will Magistrates Court allow the appeal (the best the club can hope for is he orders a common ground statement and the SAG buckle a bit under pressure without losing face, like up to XXXX away fans the Leppings Lane forecourt can be used by home fans (north Stand as a minimum)) 

It’s poo or bust time with this ... it will go all the way to High Court in my opinion.  

Deplorable advocacy of responsibility from SCC, SAG, SYP 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

It's so obvious what is going on here. 

Ever since a report came out from a certain inquiry, SAG and others have gone out of their way to make things difficult for the club on matchdays. 

It seems like with each passing season, more and more of the ground has been closed down to the paying public. They are absolutely petrified at the potential headlines; another incident at Hillsborough. 

In March at the derby, SYP completely mishandled the policing of the game. The whole thing was a shambles from start to finish. They tried to put on a big show (cops everywhere, limited access to pubs, helicopters, drones etc) and still managed to balls up the crucial part i.e. when to let the United fans out. 

They get rightly castigated for doing so and in traditional SYP style (old habits die hard) obtain a report from a former policeman in an effort to shift the blame from them onto us/the ground. That report was a hatchet job, nothing more. 

Now, having closed down one of the main exits for a stand which holds thousands of people (meaning thousands of people are now piling out onto Pennistone road), some d*ckhead from the Council has seen fit to try and discredit the club further; with the added threat of further punishment. 

Is this whole thing due to their ineptness, or a very calculated campaign to have the North Stand completely closed to the general public? I'm leaning more and more towards the latter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Just to clarify, a Prohibition Notice is not held in abeyance during appeal 

It’s poo or bust time with this ... it will go all the way to High Court in my opinion.  

Deplorable advocacy of responsibility from SCC, SAG, SYP 

Is there precedence on this at the magistrates court? - I imagine they'll be out of there league with the legal opinion and technical arguments.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

They'll be hoping that their misleading statements make the national media and spread like wildfire on-line and gain traction and support from people outside who won't bother to fact check.

Make no bones about it, misleading statements like theirs start spreading on line and people outside Sheffield will back it based on their only other knowledge of our ground, a now historical event from a different era.

Anyone seen the statement? 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's so obvious what is going on here. 

Ever since a report came out from a certain inquiry, SAG and others have gone out of their way to make things difficult for the club on matchdays. 

It seems like with each passing season, more and more of the ground has been closed down to the paying public. They are absolutely petrified at the potential headlines; another incident at Hillsborough. 

In March at the derby, SYP completely mishandled the policing of the game. The whole thing was a shambles from start to finish. They tried to put on a big show (cops everywhere, limited access to pubs, helicopters, drones etc) and still managed to balls up the crucial part i.e. when to let the United fans out. 

They get rightly castigated for doing so and in traditional SYP style (old habits die hard) obtain a report from a former policeman in an effort to shift the blame from them onto us/the ground. That report was a hatchet job, nothing more. 

Now, having closed down one of the main exits for a stand which holds thousands of people (meaning thousands of people are now piling out onto Pennistone road), some d*ckhead from the Council has seen fit to try and discredit the club further; with the added threat of further punishment. 

Is this whole thing due to their ineptness, or a very calculated campaign to have the North Stand completely closed to the general public? I'm leaning more and more towards the latter. 

Totally agree, its almost as if they are forcing the closure of the stand via the back door. 

Theve got a battle on, with old DC imho. 

He certainly wont give up without a fight. 

Edited by Maddogbob

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Can someone explain what the hells going on with all this? For someone who hasn’t bothered to read up on it 

We're going to storm their end and our top boy DC is going to kick the sh**e out of their top boy minted moneysole for slagging us off & praising the scum.

• Haha 1