Club Statement

1 minute ago, markg said:

Fans not helping by saying how dangerous it is coming out of the ground. The media will use that as a headline. They won't mention that it is more dangerous because of the SAG forcing fans out of less entrances. 

Might be better for fans just to keep quiet and stop adding fuel to the fire so that the club can deal with this.

Until someone is knocked down. Then it becomes an issue and someone has been knocked down. It's an issue already. 

8 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Well if SYPIAG can retweet such dross as this ... I’ve added the read underline to illustrate the point that would be spread nationally 

EXACTLY WHAT IM ON ABOUT!

Comment like that will gain traction. Go in the comments and there will soon be people stating it ad fact.

It is nothing more than an Anti - Hillsborough campaign. 

My thoughts on the agenda. 

Syp and scc have seen that DC has a lot of cash. If playing at Hillsborough is made difficult he may build another stadium. This would then 'erase' the name Hillsborough eventually. It would also reinvigorate the area where the stadium is built. Suits both parties that. 

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Syp and scc have seen that DC has a lot of cash. If playing at Hillsborough is made difficult he may build another stadium. This would then 'erase' the name Hillsborough eventually. It would also reinvigorate the area where the stadium is built. Suits both parties that. 

I'd call the new stadium Hillsborough just to pìss everyone off. 

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

All trying to be apologists for the disaster and blaming the club and the ground for their failings. 

Well the only conviction is that of a SWFC on a H&S charge for failing to have sufficient turnstiles open, although I very much doubt that would have been a unilateral decision. 

Just now, latemodelchild said:

He's £100 millions in.. I doubt any sane onlooker would think he'd be up for doubling his exposure..

So to aid this debate what was actually stated by the authorities yesterday aside from this re-tweet.

As anyone said owt back to this Nancy Forstric. She is writing for The Athletic so was there an element of click bait here 

This sounds to me like a witch hunt.  Won't speculate on why (though I have my own ideas on that)…   DC will definitely not tolerate too much more of this $h!t....  FFS it's not 1974..

Maybe time for an independent party to take a look at this?  I am sure that most visiting fans are not looking to have a massive brawl in the parking lot - nor are Owls fans looking to engage either.  As a travelling Owls supporter growing up we never had problems in other cities..  heck we would run into fans of other teams at the M1 services on their way to other games...

Even in MLS the city cops like to think they are controlling the Portland/Seattle/Vancouver fans during derby matches... the truth is most of us just choose to get along and be friendly towards each other... simple right?

Yes there are yahoos out there but that wouldn't stop the fighting in the street regardless of how many restrictions the SYP and Council put in place.

8 minutes ago, markg said:

Fans not helping by saying how dangerous it is coming out of the ground. The media will use that as a headline. They won't mention that it is more dangerous because of the SAG forcing fans out of less entrances. 

Might be better for fans just to keep quiet and stop adding fuel to the fire so that the club can deal with this.

The media (and the CEO of Sheffield City Council for that matter) will say what they like and have already made their minds up 

Hell they even believe ambulances hurtled up Penistone Road at full time on Tuesday night ... they don’t even hurtle up,Penistone Road on non match days due to the proliferation of lights and junctions 

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Me too assuming the next ones to come in sort it out. 

Write to them ...I have

I would like to thank the council very much indeed.
I have long become disillusioned with politics and have voted Labour due mainly to ancestry and habit.
Due to the unfair treatment  of my football club and its supporters

Sheffield Wednesday F.C

I now feel I have a valid reason for voting for somebody else.
Thanks very much...I'm sure a few thousand wil be joining me.
Andy

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, markg said:

Im not sure fans are saying that mate, I take it more as, the measures enforced by the Prohibition Notice have actually made things worse