Club Statement

Just now, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Im not sure fans are saying that mate, I take it more as, the measures enforced by the Prohibition Notice have actually made things worse 

It doesn’t matter though, it gives them an angle to drive the agenda.

Prohibition Notice changes how fans exit > fans exit different way and complain how dangerous it is > capacity reduced even further until that next problem is solved 

2 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Im not sure fans are saying that mate, I take it more as, the measures enforced by the Prohibition Notice have actually made things worse 

I totally agree, they have made it much worse. The media though will use this to say that the ground is unsafe and needs capacity reducing / closing etc.

They will fail to report that it is less safe due to actions of the prohibition notice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Write to them ...I have

I would like to thank the council very much indeed.
I have long become disillusioned with politics and have voted Labour due mainly to ancestry and habit. 
Due to the unfair treatment  of my football club and its supporters

Sheffield Wednesday F.C

I now feel I have a valid reason for voting for somebody else.
Thanks very much...I'm sure a few thousand wil be joining me.
Andy

That's the only reason labour continue to get in in this city, they're a disgrace..... I haven't voted for them since the student games fiasco. The money they waste is frightening. 

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Prohibition Notice changes how fans exit > fans exit different way and complain how dangerous it is > capacity reduced even further until that next problem is solved 

You’d expect those in paid employment on the SAG and SCC would expect more detail than two unsubstantiated social media accounts ... if they didn’t, well they are not fit for duty 

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It does "matter"

15 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Until someone is knocked down. Then it becomes an issue and someone has been knocked down. It's an issue already. 

So in that case the club hasn't fulfilled it's duty of ensuring safety of supporters and we should reduce capacity to ensure that there aren't so many fans all exiting at the same time.

That's how it will be reported and will fit the agenda of the council and spy

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Stop away fans coming? See our that goes down? 

The overseeing of the regulations on safety at football grounds should be passed onto South Yorkshire Fire Service  Emergency planning department where it always should have been and where the expertise is

14 minutes ago, killamarshtrekowl said:

Where can you read this council statement?

“It is very concerning to receive reports of the apparent lack of crowd management in place at Hillsborough Stadium.

“The council assisted the club to recalculate a safe capacity in the north stand as a result of the prohibition notice.

“It is the responsibility of SWFC to effectively manage the crowds and the alleged experience of some fans at last night’s game suggest this may not be happening.

“We will be speaking with the club urgently to establish how they intend to resolve this and make certain that they take their responsibility for people’s safety seriously.

“If we are not satisfied that Sheffield Wednesday can fulfil the required safety measures then we will take further action to ensure that everyone who attends games can do so safely.”

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Stop away fans coming? See our that goes down? 

If SYP have decided that what goes on outside the ground on public roads and footpaths is not their responsibility, but the clubs, we should just shut Peniston Road before and after the game, in the interests of safety.

32 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

That's the trouble with modern politicians is they forget they are elected representatives. They no longer feel the need to represent, or consider the consequences of that with the electorate. If I lived in Hillsborough I'd write to your MP on this issue. 

Write to your MP by all means but also write to your councillor (if he's Labour) and explain if this witch hunt continues you will take action at the next election by not only voting for the candidate most likely to deteat them but you will also offer your services to assist their campaign in any way you can. You will also encourage your neighbours, family, friends and aquitances to use their vote tactically.

I've been a lifelong labour supporter but I would vote them out over this  if I lived in Sheffield.

A social media campaign along the lines of stop persecuting the club might get some response from elected representatives.

• Like 3

What does the following mean:?

...there are legal proceedings pending before the Magistrates Court and their own Licensing Sub Committee.

I thought we were just subject to a prohibition notice - have we issued legal proceedings against SAG?

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

If SYP have decided that what goes on outside the ground on public roads and footpaths is not their responsibility, but the clubs, we should just shut Peniston Road before and after the game, in the interests of safety.

Take back the streets!

Fight the machine

But give me 5 mins dodgy knee and get out breath. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Write to your MP by all means but also write to your councillor (if he's Labour) and explain if this witch hunt continues you will take action at the next election by not only voting for the candidate most likely to deteat them but you will also offer your services to assist their campaign in any way you can. You will also encourage your neighbours, family, friends and aquitances to use their vote tactically.

I've been a lifelong labour supporter but I would vote them out over this  if I lived in Sheffield.

A social media campaign along the lines of stop persecuting the club might get some response from elected representatives.

Remember Mothersole isn't a councillor and is simply an unelected civil servant.

People should distinguish between two.