Adam Reach

22 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I really like the look of him.

He’s like Kieran Lee with bite

I think this is a little off. He's nothing like Lee. His two little home performances have been great because he has been on for the  a small amount of time and allowed to show some energy in a heavily defensive team. I think his main position for us will be Hutchinson when he inevitably misses a few. 

Giving us a big tackler in hutch or mas, creativity in Bannan and a constant runner in Lee or Reach. 

• Like 1

1 can't believe people are slating Reach for his first half performance and saying nothing about the woeful Bannan. Bullen and Bannan were to blame for that abysmal first half display. Non of our forward or offensive midfielders got a look in that first half due to Bannan playing on top of Hutchinson's and Lee's toes. Christ you could throw a blanket over the 3 of them they were that close to each other 30 yards from our own goal. Once Bullen addressed this and made us play higher up the pitch and press Luton our attacking players had chance to receive the ball 30 to 40 yards higher up the pitch and run at Luton. This is an issue we shouldn't have had to wait until half time to implement if Bullen and his players do their jobs right. The fact that such an intelligent a player as Kieran Lee was missing whose movement both on and off the ball is far superior to any other player we possess certainly didn't help matters in that first half. Neither did the fact that Fox looked like a passenger at times or us going back to the insane tactic of having every player in our own box for Luton corners and free kicks when we were so successful against Barnsley by leaving our pace men up. Once Bannan got out of our defenders and Hutchinson's way and strengthened our numbers further up the pitch we could start to play. I love Bannan as a player but sometimes feel he holds us back from being as free flowing as we can be at times and slows our play too much.

Edited by full fathom five

1 minute ago, jrh said:

I think this is a little off. He's nothing like Lee. His two little home performances have been great because he has been on for the  a small amount of time and allowed to show some energy in a heavily defensive team. I think his main position for us will be Hutchinson when he inevitably misses a few. 

Giving us a big tackler in hutch or mas, creativity in Bannan and a constant runner in Lee or Reach. 

Lets see

To me he looks more of a box to box guy. Good on the ball, confident, an eye for goal.

I think he will naturally be Hutchinson’s understudy, but my guess is he would do better alongside Hutch and Bannan rather than Bannan and Lee

23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s not a central midfielder. Play him in his natural position and you get the best out of him. It really is that simple.

Adam Reach is a left winger. Carlos, Jos and now Bullen don’t understand this. Only Bruce did.

This 100%. He has a great left foot and is the best crosser of a ball we have and he has scored some worldies for us.

But playing him in central midfield is just wrong. He’s defensively very weak, often doesn’t track back and he actively looks to avoid tackles and physical contact. That in central midfield is criminal. Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee and Luongo all start ahead of him for me. We could have doubled our money on him and eased the FFP burden at the same time, I think we should have done that personally...

51 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

His quality on the ball was his usual high standard.

Very rarely gave possession away, played positive forward passes and pressed hard.

But hey, no assists, no goals and Fox played well so let’s kick him.

Quality on ball? I lost count the amount if times he lost possession!

52 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Somebody needs to explain to me what he brings to team, because I can't see much!

Last season 8 goals, 7 assists, consistent performances and outstanding commitment.

Season before he carried a team of largely second or third choice players for most of the season.

Ive said all along, he isn’t a CM. I think Bully has used him recently to cover Bannan or Lee, but they are natural midfielders. Reach is not. He’s a winger doing a job for the team.

I hope we see him playing wide right on Saturday, with Harris (doh) on the left. Then I want to see Murphy and/or FF killing themselves with effort and energy when they come on.

• Like 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

Last season 8 goals, 7 assists, consistent performances and outstanding commitment.

Season before he carried a team of largely second or third choice players for most of the season.

Ive said all along, he isn’t a CM. I think Bully has used him recently to cover Bannan or Lee, but they are natural midfielders. Reach is not. He’s a winger doing a job for the team.

I hope we see him playing wide right on Saturday, with Harris (doh) on the left. Then I want to see Murphy and/or FF killing themselves with effort and energy when they come on.

And last season, we didn't have Murphy, Harris, Lee or Luongo!

Murphy and Harris don't deserve to be dropped, Lee and Luongo would be a better option in the middle!

14 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

This 100%. He has a great left foot and is the best crosser of a ball we have and he has scored some worldies for us.

But playing him in central midfield is just wrong. He’s defensively very weak, often doesn’t track back and he actively looks to avoid tackles and physical contact. That in central midfield is criminal. Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee and Luongo all start ahead of him for me. We could have doubled our money on him and eased the FFP burden at the same time, I think we should have done that personally...

He doesn’t have the positional sense to play in the middle. Getting stuck in isn’t his game. And he’s never been a player who wins second balls.

He did a job in centre mid under Jos when we had an injury crisis. Now we have genuine midfielders available it’s stupid to play someone of his ability centrally. Get him out on the right where he can cut in, or on the left where he can whip a cross in. Personally would start him ahead of Murphy, who had a decent game but Reach provides the engine and moments of brilliance. 

The same people who give Reach stick are the same ones who gave stick to Brunt and Antonio. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1