Adam Reach

44 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s not a central midfielder. Play him in his natural position and you get the best out of him. It really is that simple.

Adam Reach is a left winger. Carlos, Jos and now Bullen don’t understand this. Only Bruce did.

I don’t think he did that well under Bruce tbf 

He shone while the rest of the team were sh!te previously then when Bruce came & everyone got better it was like he didn’t like it - being “ amazing” anymore 

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

And last season, we didn't have Murphy, Harris, Lee or Luongo!

Murphy and Harris don't deserve to be dropped, Lee and Luongo would be a better option in the middle!

Nonsense! Reach is a better all round player than Murphy. Murphy fir me shoukd/could be a fantastic impact player. Harris, Bannan, Hutch, Lee, Reach are our best midfield set up. 

54 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

He was crap first half, improved and worked hard second half. I would drop him though. He’s been undroppable for 2 seasons due to lack of options and some good performances. Now though he needs to buck his ideas up. 

The whole team where crap in the first half 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, heppers said:

Putting aside his performance, what is his role? Seems a bit lost to me like he is not sure what he is supposed to be doing.

I agree, he looks totally lost most of the time, just running about but not doing anything.

35 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

And last season, we didn't have Murphy, Harris, Lee or Luongo!

Murphy and Harris don't deserve to be dropped, Lee and Luongo would be a better option in the middle!

Lee is a far better CM than Reach. Luongo looks like he might well be a better CM than Reach. 

Its too early to say if Murphy is a better RW than Reach. From what (little) we have seen so far I would suggest that Adam is likely to be the more consistent. I also think Reach has better delivery than both Murphy and Harris.

However, what I would say with great certainty is that we are blessed with 4 very strong wingers indeed. You could pick two names out of a hat from FF, Reach Murphy and Harris and the chosen pair would grace any Championship starting Xl.

Edited by Holmowl

28 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Nonsense! Reach is a better all round player than Murphy. Murphy fir me shoukd/could be a fantastic impact player. Harris, Bannan, Hutch, Lee, Reach are our best midfield set up. 

I agree.

Reach Lee Hutchinson Bannan Harris

looks to be our strongest 5 across the middle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Offers nothing much, can pass a bit and that's it. No pace and no skill. If he was that good as some think he'd have been off in the summer. 

No skill?! He cruyff turned 2 players this evening and made the showboat reel on Soccer AM after the dingles game. 

As for tonight, when we replaced him for Winnall we lost the cohesive link between the midfield and attack. He offers plenty. I would be interested to see him, Bannan and Lee working in a midfield 3 (may or may not work without an enforcer like Hutch) and would certainly expect him to be pushing Murphy for the RW spot if Murphy keeps on his current performance levels.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s not a central midfielder. Play him in his natural position and you get the best out of him. It really is that simple.

Adam Reach is a left winger. Carlos, Jos and now Bullen don’t understand this. Only Bruce did.

He never played as a left winger under Bruce.

18 minutes ago, BigTavowl said:

Reach, hasn’t really impressed in any games so far this season, but Bullen knows the opponents will set up to nullify his game! On his day, he’s a threat to anyone in this league. 

But still, If Bannan can sit on the bench, so can Reach.

?? Brilliant against Barnsley. Ran his backside off. 

23 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

What a bunch of idiots. He's one of our best players. 

Bannan was poo tonight, where's the thread about him????

Read my opening post again 

I said the whole season not just tonight

Idiot 

Been saying this for a few games now, he’s been non existent.

Don't know if it’s form or the tactics we are currently playing but looks out of sorts. The role would better be suited to Lee or Massimo - this fella highly impressive when he comes on and we already know what Lee can do. 

I think he needs benching and used as a replacement for Harris or Murphy he’s a winger not a central player.