Adam Reach

In one thread we are talking about ‘high pressing game’ and in another about dropping Reach..

Reach must cover every blade of grass during 90 minutes. 

......and all this on the back of 3 wins and top of the league.

reality check folks

Edited by fatzooma

He’s quality on the wing. Play him there, or at fullback/wingback if needs be, or not at all. There’s no shame in sharing 2 starting positions with Harris and Murphy. I get the feeling he’s being shoehorned in by Bullen out of respect. That’s great because he has definitely earned respect these past two seasons but it’s not the way to pick a team and he is not a centre midfielder.

To be fair to Bullen it was forced on him a bit by Bannan getting injured and if Luongo had been here a bit longer he would have probably got the nod. He should do in future because he very much looks the part.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He’s quality on the wing. Play him there, or at fullback/wingback if needs be, or not at all. There’s no shame in sharing 2 starting positions with Harris and Murphy. I get the feeling he’s being shoehorned in by Bullen out of respect. That’s great because he has definitely earned respect these past two seasons but it’s not the way to pick a team and he is not a centre midfielder.

To be fair to Bullen it was forced on him a bit by Bannan getting injured and if Luongo had been here a bit longer he would have probably got the nod. He should do in future because he very much looks the part.

Yep, think he’s gone with Reach due to the fitness side of it. Bullen’s already said he runs for 90 mins. We don't know that Loungo can after missing preseason but I’m sure it won’t be long 

For me it's a simple one with Reach. He's a wide player in a 4-3-3. Rotate him with Murphy and Harris, but only 2 of them can play in our starting 11. He's never ever been a player in a 3 in midfield, leave the middle 3 positions to Bannan, Lee, Hutch and Luongo to rotate and leave Reach to rotate with the 2 wide players. Straight forward enough for me

9 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

What a bunch of idiots. He's one of our best players. 

Bannan was poo tonight, where's the thread about him????

Reach is 1 of our best players absolutely correct but why has he played poorly since the espanyol game? Doesn't seem to interested at the minute so he deserves to be benched might up his performance 

4 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Reach is 1 of our best players absolutely correct but why has he played poorly since the espanyol game? Doesn't seem to interested at the minute so he deserves to be benched might up his performance 

As mentioned by someone else earlier, would love to see the stats on distance covered.

16 hours ago, McRightSide said:

You can’t educate spam.

Theres another one for you

How are we pronouncing that?

lol

Good grief, yet another, let's not play one of our best players posts! Don't these people ever give up? All of our other drop Adam threads have been shot down with facts and figures that show Adam Reach is one, if not the most consistent, high quality player that we have. I am a big fan of Adam Reach and like to think that I appreciate the high levels of quality that he brings to the team, but I thought that he had one of his worst games for us last night. He still managed to link up play and did things that set up promising attacking moves, only for more "popular" and less able players to totally c0ck up the final pass or finish. For Adam Reach's sake, he needs to get Bullen and/or the new manager to play him more often where he is most effective and not just filling in wherever he is asked to, just because he is such a good all round footballer and our other options are not so good.