Conflicted

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

We’re doing well and it’s nice to get some early wins

But, we’ve had an easy start and we need to step it up significantly to compete against the better teams.

We’ve been lacklustre in 50% of our performances this season

Fulham had an easy start at Barnsley

Warnock had an easy start at Reading

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Well apart from playing 2 newly promoted teams, a team that looked like relegation fodder and an average team of cloggers...

Yeah because teams have never come up from League One and done well, just look at our neighbours for example. Reading thrashed one of the teams you will think are supposedly good the other day. Love it when people rate what an easy game is by the amount of fans they get through the gate. 

Edited by Not Jon Newsome

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Yeah because teams have never come up from League One and done well, just look at our neighbours for example. Reading thrashed one of the teams you will think are supposedly good the other day. Love it when people rate what an easy game is by the amount of fans they get through the gate. 

Eh?

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

This favourable schedule easy start is a load of nonsense, there are no easy games in this league and this early in the season you can't say who an 'easier' game is.

Absolutely.

Last season our first 4 games were against the teams that finished 21st, 18th, 13th and 11th. We got four points.

Previous season our first two homes were against the teams that finished 24th and 16th, and scraped two draws.

9 from 12 is brilliant, and I’m thrilled with it.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Need to include Foristieri in starting line up. I don't think Bully likes him but I think him n Harris would be a great link up.. If only.. 

How mate?

If FF and Harris are to link up you must want the formation changing. We have 9 from 12. Does it need major surgery?

If you want Harris on one wing and FF on the other, I can see that. But clearly Bully sees Murphy and Reach ahead of FF right now, given his first four team-sheets.

They’ll always be some who see a bigger picture and others who cannot see further than the end of their nose.....look at the backing Jos got, with his no nonsense management, fitness regimes, and promotions under his belt. 

We've finally got a car to complete in the race, and we've got a kid driving it.

Let's hope the car is good enough DESPITE this.

I personally can't stand LB he's not qualified for the job he should not be putting his hat in the ring if he really cared about the club, go cut your teeth in L1 or Scotland and earn your right to manage Wednesday. 

I know for a fact we are gonna fu*k up when we have the best squad in YEARS!!!!

You can say I want us to lose or I'm too negative all you want now lol..neg away

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

exactly, annoys me that people were expecting maximum points from an 'easy' start. 9 from 12 will do me just fine

And against Millwall we were robbed, should have had at least a point from that.

When we made the play offs and last season under Bruce, we often drew or lost games against the weaker sides. In the CC era, remember us losing to the likes of Charlton, MK Dons, Burton and Rotherham and last year under Bruce we laboured to draws with Reading, Millwall and Rotherham. With the added pace this season it looks like we're opening these weaker sides up more. Need to see how we get on against the better teams but can't see why we can't do well against them too given we generally have and we've got mostly the same players (Westwood, Lees, Hutch, Bannan, Lee, Reach, Fletcher, FF) 

Only positive things can be taken from these first 4 games

4 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Barnsley too... ask Fulham. 

Not forgetting Forest at home, just ask Leeds.

46 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

We've finally got a car to complete in the race, and we've got a kid driving it.

Let's hope the car is good enough DESPITE this.

I personally can't stand LB he's not qualified for the job he should not be putting his hat in the ring if he really cared about the club, go cut your teeth in L1 or Scotland and earn your right to manage Wednesday. 

I know for a fact we are gonna fu*k up when we have the best squad in YEARS!!!!

You can say I want us to lose or I'm too negative all you want now lol..neg away

Yep, thank goodness it's Lewis Hamilton!

The thought of taking a team that's top of the league and working hard together as a unit and giving it to Gary 'upper mid table never seen out promotion' Rowett makes my skin crawl. It would be Danny Wilson taking over from Big Ron all over again. 

9 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

This favourable schedule easy start is a load of nonsense, there are no easy games in this league and this early in the season you can't say who an 'easier' game is.

There are no esy games but some are harder than others.

11 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Agree the so called easier games are the ones we have lost in the last 3 seasons. Credit to the team and Bullen for putting that right.

In my opinion, we need a manager

Wednesday is too big a job for someone to cut their teeth on

Nothing against Bullen, he's a great club man, and he's had a good start

But keeping everyone in limbo doesn't do anyone any good

If DC gives the job to Bullen, I will back him

At the moment we look like a mid table team

I think we need someone with a lot more experience to turn us into a top 6 team

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.