Conflicted

12 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

This favourable schedule easy start is a load of nonsense, there are no easy games in this league and this early in the season you can't say who an 'easier' game is.

Absoloutley correct! Luton are a decent side, they'll be fine this year.

13 hours ago, SouthRustyOwl said:

Players decisions.  First half even our better players couldn't pass to each other.  Doesn't matter who the manager is, if players see an easy pass and then make a total mess of it, or have an easy cross and put it behind, that is down to players and not managers or tactics.  And our better ball players were guilty of this in the first half.

From my view near the front of the kop it looked as though there was very little space in the middle to get any passing going.  But then again all we could see was legs and bodies.

thats why our tactics were reverting to give the ball to Harris.  Which is an upgrade on give the ball to JJ.

9 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

We've finally got a car to complete in the race, and we've got a kid driving it.

Let's hope the car is good enough DESPITE this.

I personally can't stand LB he's not qualified for the job he should not be putting his hat in the ring if he really cared about the club, go cut your teeth in L1 or Scotland and earn your right to manage Wednesday. 

I know for a fact we are gonna fu*k up when we have the best squad in YEARS!!!!

You can say I want us to lose or I'm too negative all you want now lol..neg away

When you see crap like this coming from so called supporters...as if the idiot knows Lee personally...get back on twatter where you belong

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/08/2019 at 11:37, daveyboy66 said:

When you see crap like this coming from so called supporters...as if the idiot knows Lee personally...get back on twatter where you belong

Do you think saying "personally I can't stand LB" means I think I personally know Lee Bullen? They not do schools where your from pal?..sit back down ya dumb fuxker:laugh:

4 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

Do you think saying "personally I can't stand LB" means I think I personally know Lee Bullen? They not do schools where your from pal?..sit back down ya dumb fuxker:laugh:

How can you personally dislike someone you have never met..apart from on Facebook lol  And don't talk semantics with someone who actually knows what it means...stick to Twatter it's seems to be your medium :laugh:

On 21/08/2019 at 03:13, keepitsteel89 said:

We've finally got a car to complete in the race, and we've got a kid driving it.

Let's hope the car is good enough DESPITE this.

I personally can't stand LB he's not qualified for the job he should not be putting his hat in the ring if he really cared about the club, go cut your teeth in L1 or Scotland and earn your right to manage Wednesday. 

I know for a fact we are gonna fu*k up when we have the best squad in YEARS!!!!

You can say I want us to lose or I'm too negative all you want now lol..neg away

IMG_8716.JPG

• Haha 3

On 20/08/2019 at 22:06, domSWFC said:

With players like Harris, Murphy, and Reach we're always going to have a bit of threat to create a chance which could win us the game. 

But tactically, we don't seem to have enough ideas to suss teams out. Millwall and Luton largely nullified us. The more games we play, the more teams know about us too, so doing so could become easier. That's my biggest worry. 

But then on the other side, we have scraped a couple of wins against opponents setting up like this, maybe the more ambitious teams who come to play, may play into our hands more. 

For me, I think it's time to get in a permanent manager. 

Aye 3 wins out of 4 shows shows we lack tactics to suss teams out.

Agree like you say say on the other side.... 

If teams come and play more open it will play into our hands - more wins. We are scraping wins against teams what try to stop us playing always a good sign.

Sign of good management & a good team who adapt to beat teams in front of them. 

And a a permanent manager could disrupt all this. 

On 20/08/2019 at 23:28, Holmowl said:

How mate?

If FF and Harris are to link up you must want the formation changing. We have 9 from 12. Does it need major surgery?

If you want Harris on one wing and FF on the other, I can see that. But clearly Bully sees Murphy and Reach ahead of FF right now, given his first four team-sheets.

Harris, reach and Murphy work thiwr socks off for wingers and help thee fullbacks out defencivly too.

Bullen has seen enough of Nando on and off the pitch to know he doesn't like tracking back or defensive duties and probably doesn't see him as a team player. 

If youtmr going to build a successful team unit with cohesion and all pull in the same direction, theres no room for ego's and selfish players like Nando. 

Yes one of the most gifted players we've had since carbone, problem is very similar temparment and ego. 

I feel a little uncomfortable with some of the yardsticks used to judge our progress under Bullen  Yes it’s early days, but so far he’s doing pretty well with the squad we have  We don’t have the quality of squad, that that means we could reasonably expect to have done better. When compared to other squads, there are at least half a dozen squads that are better placed to challenge for the top places. I’d say we are currently overachieving under Bullen.  Will it continue? Who knows, but it’s possible, as United proved last season. Unless a manager, with the sort of status, that makes overachieving more likely, becomes available, I’m happy to stick with LB 

On 20/08/2019 at 23:56, Not Jon Newsome said:

This favourable schedule easy start is a load of nonsense, there are no easy games in this league and this early in the season you can't say who an 'easier' game is.

We will talk about it after the 2nd set of 6 matches, I  do think we have had a very favourable start, let's hope I'm part of the humble pie brigade after match 12 

4 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

How can you personally dislike someone you have never met..apart from on Facebook lol  And don't talk semantics with someone who actually knows what it means...stick to Twatter it's seems to be your medium :laugh:

when someone says 'personally' before making a statement its to show other people they are stating a personal opinion they hold, it isn't referring to any personal or direct affiliation with the subject or people they are speaking about. So when I say ''personally I cant stand LB'' that's my opinion, and if you don't like that or don't agree with that then feel free to say so, but don't start calling me stupid because I quote ''don't personally know Lee Bullen''. 

Its nice you googled big words that can describe the use of language, honestly...semantics..good for you, where did you study? Also why do you keep referring to my PERSONAL (see what I did there) twitter account I don't even have? 

I can tell your gonna spend a good amount of time now trying to trawl the internet to prove me wrong or say you studied at Oxford or some other fantasy you have but I wont be replying lol..call it my personal preference :rolleyes: 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I feel a little uncomfortable with some of the yardsticks used to judge our progress under Bullen  Yes it’s early days, but so far he’s doing pretty well with the squad we have  We don’t have the quality of squad, that that means we could reasonably expect to have done better. When compared to other squads, there are at least half a dozen squads that are better placed to challenge for the top places. I’d say we are currently overachieving under Bullen.  Will it continue? Who knows, but it’s possible, as United proved last season. Unless a manager, with the sort of status, that makes overachieving more likely, becomes available, I’m happy to stick with LB 

I'm not sure that Bullen is the right man for the job on a permanent basis, but all he has to do to convince me is keep getting results.

I do think there are some posters on here just waiting for hm to fail so they can say 'I told you so', though. You can see it in the way they try to subtly move the goalposts on what their theoretical appointment of choice could achieve above and beyond what Bullen will. None of them were predicting a fantastic season over the summer, yet now that we've started well, an experienced manager would guarantee us top six, could get us competing for automatic promotion etc...

It won't matter what Bullen achieves, their hypothetical manager would have done better simply by virtue of not being Bullen. In their illogical, narrow-minded, agenda-driven way, they'll turn Bullen's every success into a stick to beat him with.

'Yeah, we scored three, but under Gary Rowett we'd have scored four.'

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not sure that Bullen is the right man for the job on a permanent basis, but all he has to do to convince me is keep getting results.

I do think there are some posters on here just waiting for hm to fail so they can say 'I told you so', though. You can see it in the way they try to subtly move the goalposts on what their theoretical appointment of choice could achieve above and beyond what Bullen will. None of them were predicting a fantastic season over the summer, yet now that we've started well, an experienced manager would guarantee us top six, could get us competing for automatic promotion etc...

It won't matter what Bullen achieves, their hypothetical manager would have done better simply by virtue of not being Bullen. In their illogical, narrow-minded, agenda-driven way, they'll turn Bullen's every success into a stick to beat him with.

'Yeah, we scored three, but under Gary Rowett we'd have scored four.'

:duntmatter:

Totally agree but there are those that are even worse than this.  They don’t want Bullen but won’t state who they’d replace him with so they can enjoy slating the current boss and are in position from day one to criticise whoever he might be replaced with.

It’s like holding a hand of negativity.