Sol Campbell

1 hour ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Too much of a risk and as others have said seems a bit strange personality wise.

We could easily find ourselves in the soup if we hired him.

I'm more worried about finding ourselves in something far worse!

7 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Waffle, Warhurst, Bright, Bartman All Francis signings. I shan’t mention Woods

Im not suggesting Francis was anywhere near as good as Atkinson, but it’s a bit of a myth to say it was Atkinsons team when we got to two cup finals etc.

Andy Pearce, Peter Atherton, Ian Nolan and Simon Coleman and some complain about our recent recruitment :bullen:

14 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Waffle, Warhurst, Bright, Bartman All Francis signings. I shan’t mention Woods

Im not suggesting Francis was anywhere near as good as Atkinson, but it’s a bit of a myth to say it was Atkinsons team when we got to two cup finals etc.

9D14773D-9A98-4990-9D4F-9C9CBA7AD7C2.jpeg

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Andy Pearce, Peter Atherton, Ian Nolan and Simon Coleman and some complain about our recent recruitment :bullen:

Atherton was pretty solid  -some of the others were poo but Atkinson has signed some shockers over the years too. I'm not saying Tricky was better than Jooodas just that we have done OK with inexperienced managers in the past. I also don't think we are being linked with any managers with Joooodas's profile.  

There’s some real disrespectful views on here. So disrespectful that it does actually make you think that race is an issue for some.

He won loads of England caps. 

Was a key part of ‘The Invincibles’

captained two of the biggest clubs in England.

Has won loads of trophies.

His career was certainly comparable with the likes of Gerrard and Lampard.

He then took on a challenge that most players of such pedigree wouldn’t even contemplate. He took on the 92nd ranked club in the FL and kept them up against all the odds.

Admittedly after just two matches, but he leaves them stabilised and 8th in League Two.

For those that say we should take a punt on somebody, there’d be far worse gambles.

And he certainly has a far superior CV to Bullen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

This a myth peddled by those who struggle to condemn racism.

What the hell are you on about? Claiming fake racism to get something or to use as an excuse is unacceptable. It’s not a card to be played when you don’t get your way. It also makes a mock of racism itself. Only a fool would condone it 

Maybe Campbell was our mandatory BAME interview and impressed? 

I can't see what else he's done to deserve the job though 

We have a a lot positives we just need to continue, with a few tweaks.

So unless Chansiri can pull off a top quality appointment, I'd prefer we stick with the boot room (Bully) ... 

BitOfBlulleh.jpg.2748d5397db0c3d9ddebae475e41af36.jpg

Knows the formation that works with this squad

Knows what partnerships work & don't 

Knows what Rhodes can't do ... Not just Wiki stats

Knows Nuhiu can't jump

Let's face it... we will never be happy. I would be a lot happier with Sol than I would with Bullen. Bullen will not take us up, and moreover, doesn't even want the job, yet all of a sudden we're clamouring for him.

There literally is nobody around that would satisfy some of our fans.

7 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Maybe Campbell was our mandatory BAME interview and impressed? 

I can't see what else he's done to deserve the job though 

We have a a lot positives we just need to continue, with a few tweaks.

So unless Chansiri can pull off a top quality appointment, I'd prefer we stick with the boot room (Bully) ... 

BitOfBlulleh.jpg.2748d5397db0c3d9ddebae475e41af36.jpg

Knows the formation that works with this squad

Knows what partnerships work & don't 

Knows what Rhodes can't do ... Not just Wiki stats

Knows Nuhiu can't jump

We've played 2 of the 3 favourites to go down and roll of a sudden Bullen is a master tactician? He is not the answer / he is a lazy answer.

1 minute ago, DuncOwl said:

We've played 2 of the 3 favourites to go down and roll of a sudden Bullen is a master tactician? He is not the answer / he is a lazy answer.

I didn't say anything close to that. 

Neither are the likes of Campbell & Rowett though. Even Karanka is a one trick philosophical pony 

I'm not seeing any master tacticians linked with the job atm 

54 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

To say Adams and Pearce were “much better players” is very subjective to say the least.

I thought Campbell played in a generation after Pearce and Adams anyway. 

Maybe had had a crossover period 

He could have the makings of a good manager. But Paul Ince did similarly

at Macclesfield. 

It would be high profile and an interesting appointment. But given some of the solid candidates available, if we are discounting experienced coaches with a lot to prove such as Rowett I don’t know why Campbell trumps that kind of candidate yet other than being a big name. The window is closed so he’s not going to get us a load of loan players like Lampard at derby either.

The main worry is he’s a bit eccentric and our chairman seems to have a touch of that too so not necessarily a good combo!

Edited by Bluesteel

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Where did you learn that he's arrogant and would drop us like a stone? 

Not even got the job and you have his exit interview already and waiting. 

That's the impression I get from listening to him speak in the media over the years. 

When taking the Macclesfield job, he seemed incredulous that he had to stoop to such a level. Now he's jumped ship when things are getting a bit tricky down there. 

I don't mind a bit of arrogance, but the likes of Mourinho (first time round) do it with a bit of charm and humour, whereas Sol seems to take himself very seriously

I feel really sorry for Campbell. He played at the very top, was arguably one of England’s best ever defenders and unlike many of his peers who wander into high profile jobs (like Lampard recently) he’s gone the long way round and proven himself in the most difficult possible scenario, a club on the brink of extinction and dropping out of the Football League. He deserves a chance at a big club, regardless of what people May think of his often eccentric personality.

48 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

There’s some real disrespectful views on here. So disrespectful that it does actually make you think that race is an issue for some.

The only person who's bothered about Sol Campbell's race, is Sol Campbell.

As has been stated, people on here pretty much unanimously wanted Chris Hughton, and race never entered the discussion. 

Even through Jos' disastrous reign, I don't remember people talking about his race. 

You can dislike a black guy without being racist.