Sol Campbell

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

This is why the manager situation needs sorting out, every single time someone leaves a job we are going to get these threads. Now he’s 6/1 because someone’s had fiver on and we are going to have people going “woah he’s second favourite bookies just know sommat”.

The manager situation needs sorting out in order to control the number of threads on Owlstalk.  I wonder if DC has thought about that? 

These things sometimes happen - Gerrard to Rangers, Lampard to Chelsea.   

Never liked him since the day he claimed he would have been England captain for 10 years if he was white.Sorry Sol it wasn’t the colour of your skin it was the fact England had Tony Adams & Stuart Pearce around at that time.Much better players & deserved captains.

2 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

This is the second such like post regarding this Campbell Chappies domestic abilities,

Is this well known within the football fraternity?

Maybe a position with Ajax would be more suitable ?

I think he'd rather concentrate on the domestic scene , FFS :PhotoEditor_20190811_181128351:

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, dazaston said:

Never liked him since the day he claimed he would have been England captain for 10 years if he was white.Sorry Sol it wasn’t the colour of your skin it was the fact England had Tony Adams & Stuart Pearce around at that time.Much better players & deserved captains.

Paul Ince also captained the national side during Sol Campbell's  time for England.

23 minutes ago, The Wall said:

He may turn out to be a decent manager, but he's also an arrogant tw@t, who would drop us like a stone if a better offer came along. 

If you're going to oust a club legend, who has won the first two games, and is generally seen as an all round good guy, for a bloke like that, then he'd better be as good as he thinks he is. 

For all his qualities and contacts as a player I can't see the Wednesday fan base taking to him

Where did you learn that he's arrogant and would drop us like a stone? 

Not even got the job and you have his exit interview already and waiting. 

23 minutes ago, dazaston said:

Agreed falsely playing the race card is as bad as racism itself 

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

And Tricky Trev took us into Europe and to two cup finals. 

With Atkinson’s team. Didn’t do so great when his signings started to filter through though.

Guest Jack the Hat
Just now, rickygoo said:

he didn't get relegated with Atkinson's team though - unlike Atkinson.

He didn’t win a cup either pal

13 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

With Atkinson’s team. Didn’t do so great when his signings started to filter through though.

Waffle, Warhurst, Bright, Bartman All Francis signings. I shan’t mention Woods

Im not suggesting Francis was anywhere near as good as Atkinson, but it’s a bit of a myth to say it was Atkinsons team when we got to two cup finals etc.

1 hour ago, dazaston said:

To say Adams and Pearce were “much better players” is very subjective to say the least.

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

Waffle, Warhurst, Bright, Bartman All Francis signings. I shan’t mention Woods

Im not suggesting Francis was anywhere near as good as Atkinson, but it’s a bit of a myth to say it was Atkinsons team when we got to two cup finals etc.

We both know I could name twice as many bad signing not to mention the one that got away! Signing waddle was hardly a master stroke