Sol Campbell

I think his ambitions to be a Tory London Mayor worry me more than any of the other stuff. He seems to be very ambitious so I'm not sure he can even be relied on to stay in football. Never mind stay at one club for any length of time. Never trust a Tory.

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
10 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

He's been through tough times here as a player and I do think he' can defiantly step up. 

But do you think he can definitely step up?

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

But do you think he can definitely step up?

As j said he seems to have all the attributes to and finally has the confidence in himself. 

Who knows though, we've started wel without really being tested or really under the cosh yet. Let's see how he's dojbg after. 10/12games and a tougher test oe two. 

You never truly know if someone is ready until given a go. 

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

As j said he seems to have all the attributes to and finally has the confidence in himself. 

Who knows though, we've started wel without really being tested or really under the cosh yet. Let's see how he's dojbg after. 10/12games and a tougher test oe two. 

You never truly know if someone is ready until given a go. 

Defiantly?

24 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Hell have learned, so much from the completely different styles of our last 3/4 managers and hopefully taken the best bits from them

Which best bit will he have taken from Jos, other than sodding off. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pulcinella said:

Sorry, why has this thread got 9 pages already? At the stage we’re at, at the stage Sol Campbell is, it’s never going to happen.

You'd think so, but then he does have more managerial experience than Bullen, and he's taken a difficult route into management which suggests he's determined to make it as a number one, as opposed to Bullen who's appeared happy to remain as a coach in the past.

If Bullen is under serious consideration, then you'd think Campbell would be too.

I don't really know much about his Twitter remarks, his comments in the media or the reason he left macclesfield. Nor do I really want him as a manager

BUT

Would Lampard or Gerrard have done what he did at macclesfield? Who really knows. 

It does surprise me a little bit that lampard, Gerrard, the Neville brothers even the likes of Tim Sherwood get big gigs with no experience whatsoever.

I'm not for one minute saying that I want him as a manager, cos I don't. But I do understand, to some extent, his frustration.

And for those who say "what about paul Scholes he joined oldham" he did, but I also think, if he applied, he could get a championship club.

Is it about race, nobody knows. 

Is it because he is an arrogant noitall, nobody knows

But, until the reasons why people are turned down for jobs are published, in any industry, hes entitled to his opinion and thoughts much like anyone on this forum. And I dont think he should miss out on jobs because of it (though I hope he misses out on ours)

38 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Not at all bud, I think he deep down has all the qualities to be a very good manager, he's like those I mentioned is /was always a big and strong character around the dressing room and club. 

He's been through tough times here as a player and I do think he' can defiantly step up. 

For me it's about timing and when he's taken temporary charge in the past, I don't think he was ready or confident enough to do the job. 

This time around though he's got a different demeanor, he looks confident. 

He looks like he's comfortable and not overawwed, he looks like a guy that's grown and is now ready to make the step up full time. 

Hell have learned, so much from the completely different styles of our last 3/4 managers and hopefully taken the best bits from them,so fingers crossed he can push us on and do well. 

I agree he does look a lot more comfortable and confident however I wonder if he will still come across that way if we lose a game or 2. Personally before he gets the job I would like to see how he reacts after losing a game or 2, will he fall to pieces? 

Nobody knows how good Bullen will be until he has had to deal with the poo hitting the fan, we are still on a major roll with all of the new recruits sourced by Bruce.

Games 7 to 12 will be a defining moment for Bullen !

If he pulls it off I will be the first to eat humble pie 

But my opinion is I'd rather have a much more experienced man in.

2 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Nobody knows how good Bullen will be until he has had to deal with the poo hitting the fan, we are still on a major roll with all of the new recruits sourced by Bruce.

Its the first loss and how he gets the team to bounce back from the defeat. In my eyes that will be the most telling. 

18 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You'd think so, but then he does have more managerial experience than Bullen, and he's taken a difficult route into management which suggests he's determined to make it as a number one, as opposed to Bullen who's appeared happy to remain as a coach in the past.

If Bullen is under serious consideration, then you'd think Campbell would be too.

I disagree as Bullen has been at the club for years and his character and abilities should be visible for all to see. Sol Campbell is an unknown quantity and would be a big risk when a safe pair of hands may be all that this squad now needs. I'm not saying Bullen should be given serious consideration but I think it is quite obvious why Bullen would be ahead of Sol Campbell. Unless of course Sol Campbell has appeared from nowhere, been interviewed and given a brilliant performance I see no reason why he would be under any kind of consideration.

20 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

14 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Its the first loss and how he gets the team to bounce back from the defeat. In my eyes that will be the most telling. 

Agree with these but we have already seen after Burton that defeat makes him sound like Kevin Keegan quitting the England job. I may be overly harsh but he admitted it was best to get a permanent manager in then. He may have grown since then but is it a risk we can afford to take?

I think he is the perfect "job for life" coach to ensure continuity at the club as others come and go but I'm not convinced he is the man for the permanent job in spite of there appearing to be no suitable alternatives at the moment.

Edited by the mighty wednesday

6 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

I disagree as Bullen has been at the club for years and his character and abilities should be visible for all to see. Sol Campbell is an unknown quantity and would be a big risk when a safe pair of hands may be all that this squad now needs. I'm not saying Bullen should be given serious consideration but I think it is quite obvious why Bullen would be ahead of Sol Campbell. Unless of course Sol Campbell has appeared from nowhere, been interviewed and given a brilliant performance I see no reason why he would be under any kind of consideration.

If his abilities are visible for all to see, you'd have to question why the chairman is taking so long to decide whether to appoint him as permanent manager, wouldn't you?

As inexperienced as he is, Campbell isn't an unknown quantity as a manager, in comparison to Bullen, at least.

I don't really think either are the ideal candidate, to be honest.

1 hour ago, OwlInCardiff said:

I think his ambitions to be a Tory London Mayor worry me more than any of the other stuff. He seems to be very ambitious so I'm not sure he can even be relied on to stay in football. Never mind stay at one club for any length of time. Never trust a Tory.

Could you trust Corbyn???

Edited by sexpistol
  • Haha 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If his abilities are visible for all to see, you'd have to question why the chairman is taking so long to decide whether to appoint him as permanent manager, wouldn't you?

As inexperienced as he is, Campbell isn't an unknown quantity as a manager, in comparison to Bullen, at least.

I don't really think either are the ideal candidate, to be honest.

Agreed. I meant abilities or lack of  are visible, but if he was under serious consideration it would be because he is known and well regarded at the club whereas Sol isn't.

Anyway I think we are both hoping for the reincarnation of Big Ron with loyalty and no racist outbursts  lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Agree with these but we have already seen after Burton that defeat makes him sound like Kevin Keegan quitting the England job. I may be overly harsh but he admitted it was best to get a permanent manager in then. He may have grown since then but is it a risk we can afford to take?

I think he is the perfect "job for life" coach to ensure continuity at the club as others come and go but I'm not convinced he is the man for the permanent job in spite of there appearing to be no suitable alternatives at the moment.

In total agreement. 

However, what will be, will be I guess. 

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Could you trust Corbyn???

Not entirely but that has nothing to do with his political leanings. I don't trust him as he is only able to preach to the converted and run a protest movement. He is not pragmatic enough and has failed to tackle anti semitism or the brexit issue. Having said that I'd still rather have him as PM than Boris Johnson or any Tory for that matter.