A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

12th March 2019

ED3AC266-4684-4940-B0DD-CFD0F4AC979A.thumb.jpeg.90c09ac78c24180dcc2566018bba3181.jpeg

So, the big gambled Don t work?  Looking through the judgements clearly they do. Looks like no one has gambled more in recent years.

For most teams under an embargo the biggest fear was points deduction and fines, Christ they kept transferring debt, restructuring loans and fighting with each other over who would put in the next slice. For the winding up orders and unable to pay wages was a real threat.

Add in loaning the Brookes money instalments to spend 4 mill on Egan and invest further.

Biggest gamblers going, Wilder cannot have been oblivious to it surely, makes his previous bitter comments into nothing more than Gibson esq slurs. 

• Like 1

Interesting that through the judgement Poundland was continuing to attempt to get Deloittes involved.  Anyone know why this would be?  I'm no expert on accounts and corporate law and governance!

makes me wonder if Poundland was concerned about where the day to day costs and money was going, especially when you think of player sales and sell on fees they have had over the past few years

12 minutes ago, cazzaswfc said:

Interesting that through the judgement Poundland was continuing to attempt to get Deloittes involved.  Anyone know why this would be?  I'm no expert on accounts and corporate law and governance!

makes me wonder if Poundland was concerned about where the day to day costs and money was going, especially when you think of player sales and sell on fees they have had over the past few years

The player sales/sell ons etc have kept the club going during the League 1 years up until the point that they almost hit the wall.

I don't think McCabe was taking money out but I don't think he was putting any of his own in for a good while.  

No doubt things were probably amateurish behind the scenes given some of the testimony and the judgement but I think the attempt to bring in the auditors and him sending in his own people to check the books and day to day running were done from a position of both financial prudence and a naivety about just how much it costs to keep a club ticking over/treading water.

Not sure but aren’t Deloittes forensic accountants. Companies tend to bring them in when they need to know what’s really happening? 

Just as an aside blade lake who comes in my local said the other day that he hadn’t renewed his season ticket as they had gone up. At £70 it was worth having..he said. £70 ? How come?  His reply was I only ever get a kids one, there’s never anyone checking. 

Dont need deloittes to tell you where the moneys not coming from.  

24 minutes ago, cazzaswfc said:

So, the big gambled Don t work?  Looking through the judgements clearly they do. Looks like no one has gambled more in recent years.

For most teams under an embargo the biggest fear was points deduction and fines, Christ they kept transferring debt, restructuring loans and fighting with each other over who would put in the next slice. For the winding up orders and unable to pay wages was a real threat.

Add in loaning the Brookes money instalments to spend 4 mill on Egan and invest further.

Biggest gamblers going, Wilder cannot have been oblivious to it surely, makes his previous bitter comments into nothing more than Gibson esq slurs. 

The sheer hypocrisy. 

That club was a shambles from top to botton and yet Bus Driver has been spouting off time and time again about how other clubs need to get their houses in order. 

14 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Not sure but aren’t Deloittes forensic accountants. Companies tend to bring them in when they need to know what’s really happening? 

Just as an aside blade lake who comes in my local said the other day that he hadn’t renewed his season ticket as they had gone up. At £70 it was worth having..he said. £70 ? How come?  His reply was I only ever get a kids one, there’s never anyone checking. 

Dont need deloittes to tell you where the moneys not coming from.  

I know loads who do this.

1 hour ago, cazzaswfc said:

Was just going to post something similar. 

All the b.s. Wilder came out with about us being under an embargo makes him look an even bigger bellend than usual, if he knew. 

He's got to have known though? 

8 minutes ago, Spuddy01 said:

Was just going to post something similar. 

All the b.s. Wilder came out with about us being under an embargo makes him look an even bigger bellend than usual, if he knew. 

He's got to have known though? 

I wonder if he understood it, can't see him being interested in corporate law or finance..... maybe it was a case of 'no bigger blade' telling me that everything was ok, so it must be

Just keep giving me my annual pay rise....

24 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I wonder if he understood it, can't see him being interested in corporate law or finance..... maybe it was a case of 'no bigger blade' telling me that everything was ok, so it must be

Just keep giving me my annual pay rise....

You don’t need to be interested in corporate law or finance to know what an umbongo is...

Having read the Twitter post highlights, seems to me, the Blunts could be much better off without McSue.

The Academy seems to have been his only saving grace.

Where would they be without the money it's earned them in transfers over the years.

He got lucky bringing in Wilderbeast, or they could be in serious trouble by now.

If Prince Charmin manages to get financial backing, surely he can't run it any worse?

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

Having read the Twitter post highlights, seems to me, the Blunts could be much better off without McSue.

The Academy seems to have been his only saving grace.

Where would they be without the money it's earned them in transfers over the years.

He got lucky bringing in Wilderbeast, or they could be in serious trouble by now.

If Prince Charmin manages to get financial backing, surely he can't run it any worse?

I'd question how willing potential investors are to plunge in their cash until the ground issue is resolved. 

The Prince has to work out some form of agreement with McCabe before anything can happen. 

Of course, there is the distinct possibility that McCabe appeals, though I struggle to see on what grounds he can. 

Legally speaking, I don't think the Prince did anything wrong.