Hector link in Joao transfer.

First of all, I appologise if this has been posted elsewhere. I'm at work so don't have time to troll through 17 pages of the Joao thread. If I am going over old ground, please feel free to delete.

I've just been speaking to a mate who lives in Reading and is a Reading fan (poor soul). Apparently the rumour down there is that part of the Joao negotiations involves then waving the sell on fee they have for Hector and thus bringing his sale fee down. The rumour is that they are getting Joao and we are getting Hector from Chelsea with the sell on value they have in Hector disappearing and written off from the total cost of Joao. 

Apparently it is also rumoured that the fee for Joao will only be £800k upfront and then lots of installments.

To be clear, he isn't ITK and neither am I. Just the way it is being reported in some circles down there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Thank you Leaping Lanny's Perm, that would all make perfect sense and although it will be sad to see us lose our super sub, the money will be much appreciated, especially if it means that we end up getting Hector back. I suspect that Hector is one of the three (plus possible goalie) that Bully has previously mentioned. Judas Bruce also mentioned six outfield players that had been targeted for the club to buy so just two more to go and a possible goalie and we are on our way!

I like the way you have removed any doubt about being ITK! Such claims have been used too often to substantiate speculation, nice one.

I have a soft spot for Joao, but with our sheer number of strikers i think this makes sense for all to get hector. Because even though we have Borner, Hector could play in the hutch role in front of the back 4 so assist with cover in the midfield too. We need cover elsewhere.

As for the payments in installments, can't fault Reading. When i buy anything if i can get 0% credit i'll do it. Sure it works the same. lol

If true, that would be great business.

We get rid of a player who's more often than not a substitute - a talented substitute, yes, but a substitute nevertheless - and replace him with our player of last season, who forged a formidable partnership with Lees and could be a lynchpin of our defence for the foreseeable future?

Go on, then...

23 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think we should be a bit more hard line with these ITKers

What is your mate called so we can verify this on Facebook. He will need to show us two 2 forms of photo identity (passport, drivers license) and something confirming his address which has to be date in the last 3 months, could be a utility statement etc

he would also need a 500 word supporting letter from a respectable community member (revered, teacher, local MP)

Thanks

You think MP's are respectable?????

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Thank you Leaping Lanny's Perm, that would all make perfect sense and although it will be sad to see us lose our super sub, the money will be much appreciated, especially if it means that we end up getting Hector back. I suspect that Hector is one of the three (plus possible goalie) that Bully has previously mentioned. Judas Bruce also mentioned six outfield players that had been targeted for the club to buy so just two more to go and a possible goalie and we are on our way!

I like the way you have removed any doubt about being ITK! Such claims have been used too often to substantiate speculation, nice one.

If we only make two outfield signings, we can forget about promotion this season 

20 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

800k isn't the total fee. Just the first installment.

To be honest I don't see the point in paying in installments. Even if you pay in full, the fee is spread over the length of the contract from your account losses perspective.

You pay in installments to aid cash flow. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If true, that would be great business.

We get rid of a player who's more often than not a substitute - a talented substitute, yes, but a substitute nevertheless - and replace him with our player of last season, who forged a formidable partnership with Lees and could be a lynchpin of our defence for the foreseeable future?

Go on, then...

Totally agree but it also technically makes us weaker than last year as we had both of them!

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

6m for madine  prices gone up since then 

there has to be other stuff involved in this deal other than it's to a club part owned by a fellow tuna heir 

Pretty sure they sold up to Chinese investors.