Hector link in Joao transfer.

3 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

First of all, I appologise if this has been posted elsewhere. I'm at work so don't have time to troll through 17 pages of the Joao thread. If I am going over old ground, please feel free to delete.

I've just been speaking to a mate who lives in Reading and is a Reading fan (poor soul). Apparently the rumour down there is that part of the Joao negotiations involves then waving the sell on fee they have for Hector and thus bringing his sale fee down. The rumour is that they are getting Joao and we are getting Hector from Chelsea with the sell on value they have in Hector disappearing and written off from the total cost of Joao. 

Apparently it is also rumoured that the fee for Joao will only be £800k upfront and then lots of installments.

To be clear, he isn't ITK and neither am I. Just the way it is being reported in some circles down there.

So how does this help us, we get paid less for Joao so we then don't have to pay Chelsea more to pay Reading a sell on.

Either way we are the ones getting shafted. 

Or we get £7m for Joao, offer Chelsea £2m for Hector and Reading get what ever split they get and we are £5m better off and have Hector.

If what you say has happened I would be very worried about the short sightedness of the club. Lets hope its not true.

I will leave the response to the OP as he may have more detail. What I will say is if they net off the payments (amount received by us in respect of Joao reduced by amount Reading would have derived through sell-on clause for Hector) thereby facilitating transfer of our Player of the Year last year, it's a winner from my perspective and I'm struggling to see the short-sightedness to which you refer.

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So how does this help us, we get paid less for Joao so we then don't have to pay Chelsea more to pay Reading a sell on.

Or we get £7m for Joao, offer Chelsea £2m for Hector and Reading get what ever split they get and we are £5m better off and have Hector.

If what you say has happened I would be very worried about the short sightedness of the club. Lets hope its not true.

Eh?

How are we out of pocket here?

It's all relative surely?

Chelsea demand 3 million for Hector because Reading get 1 million as a sell-on. So in essence Chelsea want 2 mill.

We want to pay 2 million tops. Chelsea say no.

Reading then show up and want Joao. We want 6 million. They offer 5, we say no.

We then say u can have him for 5 million if u waive the sell on fee for Hector. 

They say yes.

We get 5 mill for Joao and pay 2 million for Hector. Swfc 3 mill in profit.

If we got 6 million for Joao as we wanted, put paid 3 mill for Hector we  still be 3 mill in profit.

So basically, everyone feels like they are getting a good deal but in fact everyone is ending up with the same....what a waste of bloody time.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, trev said:

Eh?

Chelsea demand 3 million for Hector because Reading get 1 million as a sell-on. So in essence Chelsea want 2 mill.

They say yes.

If we got 6 million for Joao as we wanted, put paid 3 mill for Hector we  still be 3 mill in profit.

So basically, everyone feels like they are getting a good deal but in fact everyone is ending up with the same....what a waste of bloody time.

But that's not what the OP said, he said we had sod him for £800k with add on a big difference from the £5-7m quoted in a few source to basically save £1m with Chelsea.

lets get as much as we can for Joao and let Chelsea worry about any sell on fee for Reading, as they signed him for £4m you would think Reading won't get anything unless we pay more than £4m, which with only 12 months left of his contract if we are quoted anything north of 32m we move on and bring another player in.

45 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Priceless!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan™ said:

I've just heard the same from a Reading fan at work, regarding the waiving of Hector's sell-on fee anyway.

He was saying £5-7m for the fee though, so that's a bit different to £800k...

800K upfront with more installments to follow he mentioned. 

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But that's not what the OP said, he said we had sod him for £800k with add on a big difference from the £5-7m quoted in a few source to basically save £1m with Chelsea.

lets get as much as we can for Joao and let Chelsea worry about any sell on fee for Reading, as they signed him for £4m you would think Reading won't get anything unless we pay more than £4m, which with only 12 months left of his contract if we are quoted anything north of 32m we move on and bring another player in.

Ain't no way big Hec is worth 32m, dude, FFS :blink:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, trev said:

Eh?

They say yes.

Using your figures:

We want to pay £2m max for Hector

We want £6m for Joao.

Net income £4m.

Your analysis, we get £3m.

We've either over paid for Hector, or under sold on Joao.

That's what Room0035 is on about.

Its fair to say that without us compromising on one or the other, both deals might have collapsed, so we had little choice. I imagine Chelsea hold most of the cards in these situations.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

If Hypothetically Hector came in for £4m and Reading had a 25% sell on fee then we pay £4m and they get £1m.

They then give us £7m for Joao.

We spent £4m and received £7m, a difference of +3m.

Or

They waive their 25% fee for Hector and we only pay £3m for Hector and we only receive £6m for Joao. Same +£3m difference.

Both situations will see the same net difference in the accounts

The difference is, both clubs have had to find £1m less in actual cashflow to get the deals done.

In the big scheme of things, it is slightly better for both clubs. No-one getting shafted.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Im starting the car as we speak.

Seriously, I think he's worth that sort of money and we should be keeping him.

Get rid of Rhodes and Nuihu or even Forestieri who's either been injured or suspended for the last 18 months.

7 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

If Hypothetically Hector came in for £4m and Reading had a 25% sell on fee then we pay £4m and they get £1m.

They then give us £7m for Joao.

We spent £4m and received £7m, a difference of +3m.

Or

They waive their 25% fee for Hector and we only pay £3m for Hector and we only receive £6m for Joao. Same +£3m difference.

Both situations will see the same net difference in the accounts

The difference is, both clubs have had to find £1m less in actual cashflow to get the deals done.

In the big scheme of things, it is slightly better for both clubs. No-one getting shafted.

Or we sell Joao put an offer in for hector to sign him job sorted.