Fulham, Leeds up; Birmingham, Hull,Wednesday down:

We're not as good as some of the supporters on here think, but we're nowhere near that bad. I'd expect 8th-12th, with a possible play-off challenge if we can find a good manager from somewhere (although it looks like we're reigning in the spending in anticipation of next summer's accounts).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Sky Sports readers have been voting in their thousands, and they believe that Fulham and Leeds will win automatic promotion from the Sky Bet Championship this season.

Fulham, who were relegated from the Premier League last season, have been backed to finish first and immediately return to the top flight, while Leeds, who were beaten in the play-off semi-finals, have been voted to join them in second.

According to the vote, the play-off contingent this season will be West Brom, Cardiff, Stoke and Brentford.

It is bad news at the bottom, however, for Birmingham, Hull and Sheffield Wednesday - who are predicted to finish in the relegation zone.

Readers had the opportunity to either up vote for a team they thought would finish higher up the league, or down vote a team they thought should be lower down.

And here is how you believe the Championship table will look by the end of the season-:

1. Fulham
  2. L**ds
  3. West Brom
  4. Cardiff
  5. Stoke
  6. Brentford
  7. Bristol City
  8. Charlton
  9. Middlesbrough
  10. Derby
  11. Barnsley
  12. Wigan
  13. Forest
  14. Swansea
  15. Preston
  16. Reading
  17. QPR
  18. Luton
  19. Blackburn
  20. Millwall
  21. Huddersfield
  22. Birmingham
  23. Hull City
  24. Sheffield Wednesday

No need for Bullen to do a team talk tomoz. Just show them this! 

Worra load of rounduns. There's another one in which 20 reporters predicted promotion teams and not one voted for us. Some people are going to have egg on the faces when we are doing our tour of the city after promotion is secured.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

We're not as good as some of the supporters on here think, but we're nowhere near that bad. I'd expect 8th-12th, with a possible play-off challenge if we can find a good manager from somewhere (although it looks like we're reigning in the spending in anticipation of next summer's accounts).

At least we can agree outwith Jordan Rhodes!

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

The numbing reality of it for me is that we have had the same squad now for years. Of the 100 longest serving Championship player, 11 of them play for us. This team has proven it can sustain an average position of top half and that's been achieved against a year on backdrop of managerial uncertainty and injuries. In a way, what makes this season different? There's nothing in the squad that suggests the players can move up a level and get us in that top 6 in my opinion. We can't get anywhere near enough consistency across a whole season. That could all change with the right manager, which is the most important piece of the jigsaw for me. The signing of Hector, a good central midfielder and another winger. And finally some luck on the injury front. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Hargreaves isn't posting of late so it's fell on me to duplicate recent threads!

Probably spending all his time trying to find the login credentials for his Penguin account

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

The numbing reality of it for me is that we have had the same squad now for years. Of the 100 longest serving Championship player, 11 of them play for us. This team has proven it can sustain an average position of top half and that's been achieved against a year on backdrop of managerial uncertainty and injuries. In a way, what makes this season different? There's nothing in the squad that suggests the players can move up a level and get us in that top 6 in my opinion. We can't get anywhere near enough consistency across a whole season. That could all change with the right manager, which is the most important piece of the jigsaw for me. The signing of Hector, a good central midfielder and another winger. And finally some luck on the injury front. 

By the same token that squad has had two top six finishes.  Season three was decimated by injuries.  And last season we still had players returning from injury not to mention Jos not picking our main men for some reason.

I see no reason why a well managed (i know we don't have a manager in place yet), fully fit squad should not be pushing for a top six finish.