Newcastle propaganda blitz

Interesting that Newcastle United club started two media stories today. Tabloids it was that they were 'shocked' that we are demanding two loan players apart of terms of the settlement.

In the quality papers they were 'confident' that there was no legal case as they had offered compensation and the Bruce resigned so they have no obligation. Interesting tactic that. Pogba could resign his contract and sign for Real. Ha ha.

Think they must be concerned to be fighting dirty. The whole Ashley/Media in cohoots stinks. Hope Chansiri continues to stick it to em.

• Like 1

Just now, Peacenocchio said:

Interesting that Newcastle United club started two media stories today. Tabloids it was that they were 'shocked' that we are demanding two loan players apart of terms of the settlement.

In the quality papers they were 'confident' that there was no legal case as they had offered compensation and the Bruce resigned so they have no obligation. Interesting tactic that. Pogba could resign his contract and sign for Real. Ha ha.

Think they must be concerned to be fighting dirty. The whole Ashley/Media in cohoots stinks. Hope Chansiri continues to stick it to em.

Did Newcastle start the stories...Or did the media?

Honest question...cos there is a difference..

and tbh..I won't accept

"Sources from Newcastle"...cos thats simply press bllx for making a story up

5 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

An inability to deal with the reality of the situation and make the best of it is not "sticking it to em".

A few days before the season starts Newcastle have a manager and coaching team, Wednesday don't.

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Did Newcastle start the stories...Or did the media?

Honest question...cos there is a difference..

and tbh..I won't accept

"Sources from Newcastle"...cos thats simply press bllx for making a story up

Could work both ways, story could have been leaked by anyone at Newcastle.

Someone mudding the waters 

7 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

An inability to deal with the reality of the situation and make the best of it is not "sticking it to em".

A few days before the season starts Newcastle have a manager and coaching team, Wednesday don't.

Whose fault is that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Could work both ways, story could have been leaked by anyone at Newcastle.

Someone mudding the waters 

Or anyone IN Newcastle...no names no f.ook all

stuff like 

"The Telegraph understands"

Its easy to do...mainstream story....

I'm not saying its wrong...I'm simply saying I find it hard to trust owt that comes out mate

The problem with us is that DC has failed to convince that he's adept at running a football club, making such claims by Newcastle or the press more believable.

We're hoping DC's gotten this one right (especially as Ashley is notoriously tight-fisted), but it could go either way for me. Would love to have confidence in the operations of our club, but just don't, unfortunately.

Hoping to be proven wrong.

• Thanks 1

Media have to fill air time and column space with whatever they think will get the most interest.

News channels full a shít that claims this or that "could" happen if we dont.....buy summat.

All bòllox, mainly to make you mad enough to respond, like "getting involved" on thier Twitter etc.

Read between the lines that's mainly where the truth can be found.

• Like 1

Something has got them rattled. They are in wrong and hoped bravado and swagger would get them out of it. Now trying they are playing nasty with us. Unfortunately Ashley is known and only idiots who are trying to get well in to get stories will be taken in by it

11 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

I fully expect that, ultimately, the loser in all this will be (drum roll) - 

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club!

I'd be stunned if you're wrong on this one, although I feel like we've been royally bu.mmed. PL side will inevitably come out smelling of roses whilst we struggle to find a suitable manager before the season becomes too late to save. 

Edited by archieswfc

Hoping that DC is channeling at least 90% of his time into finding a new management team and only at most 10% of his time bothering with the Newcastle saga. We have every chance of losing out on both counts if he doesn’t pull his finger out.

40 minutes ago, Quist said:

Something has got them rattled. They are in wrong and hoped bravado and swagger would get them out of it. Now trying they are playing nasty with us. Unfortunately Ashley is known and only idiots who are trying to get well in to get stories will be taken in by it

I agree it all seems a bit too much like the cliched "methinks the lady doth protest too much". They are pleading their innocence too much to be convincing now and trying to throw mud. It appears (allegedly) that Bruce was talking/approached well before he resigned or had permission to speak with them. It appears they even told Bruce to ask for permission to speak to them rather than make an official approach like Chelsea did with Lampard. I can only think this was to reduce compensation and to distance themselves from any tapping up allegations.

17 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Hoping that DC is channeling at least 90% of his time into finding a new management team and only at most 10% of his time bothering with the Newcastle saga. We have every chance of losing out on both counts if he doesn’t pull his finger out.

Bet the poor bugger hasn't slept in a week.

Edited by Mycroft
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobness said:

The problem with us is that DC has failed to convince that he's adept at running a football club, making such claims by Newcastle or the press more believable.

We're hoping DC's gotten this one right (especially as Ashley is notoriously tight-fisted), but it could go either way for me. Would love to have confidence in the operations of our club, but just don't, unfortunately.

Hoping to be proven wrong.

Aaaaaaand you’ve fallen for it

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

Tsking the spotlight off of Bruce and the fans reception very old trick

Let's be honest, we think all this is bad press for Newcastle but if it is a tenuous loophole in Bruce's contract we are debating, the longer we hang on to that and have it as a distraction the worse an environment it is for a new manager to come into. They will want some certainty over the environment at SWFC, the funds available and the competency of the ownership. 

My concern is that going on their position and experience, despite their orrible owner, Newcastle are more likely to have a more adept legal team in place than us. I'm worried Chansiri has taken an unfortunate but genuine by the book approach for his manager very badly. We all know he's a proud and sometimes stubborn man, he doesn't like letting go of players as a good example. 

I'm not defending Newcastle at all, I'm just saying if the legal statement released by us last week was false bravado that will only make matters worse for us in the short term. If there is a watertight case then crack on with it and try to stick it to the fat man but it needs to be worth it and for the greater good rather than principle.