Would you have Bruce back?

I'm sick of hearing all this 'he's been offered a job at his boyhood club and it's a great opportunity' bulls**t. He's turned it down on two previous occasions so it didn't mean that much to him. 

No - he comes here, changes things around, brings in new staff and players, gets the fans to love him then fecks off to a place where none of the fans actually want him after only 4 months and less time in charge than useless Eustace! 

Oh and no, I wouldn't take him back. If it falls through it will be difficult. He's lost the fans' trust now. 

3 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

He is now. Was a Wednesdayite growing up so I'm told by someone who knows him.

Well that makes him even more of a shambles with that revelation then... 

Changing teams is crossing a line .......

I have dealings with a "Die in the wool" Spurs fan ..:tango: who was a Colchester fan til his late teens a West Ham fan til his 40''s and now a Tottenham fan ..

I'd have him put down if the law permitted..

poor pathetic runt .......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When I was younger, hell, even now, if someone asked me who I would play for if I was a pro footballer I always said Sheffield Wednesday. Even if I was the best player in the world, as long as I was paid enough to get by I wouldn't care how bad we were I would only want to play for the owls and would only leave if they wanted to sell me. Call me naive but that was always my response.

We always moan about loyalty, expect players with no affinity to us to bleed blue and white. Every time we need a new manager we always promote anyone who is close to being an owl. Or ex players who have proved nothing.

Steve Bruce is a diehard magpie. He never got the chance to play for them, obviously, he hasn't had an opportunity to manage them.

If he wants to leave to join his boyhood team, then as a fan I don't want him to go. But as that young kid who only wanted to be involved with the team he enjoyed, I wouldn't poo poo him for joining Newcastle regardless of the players, prospect of next season or owner.

That's my view. I'm sure I'll be disagreed with but hell, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one!

5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Well that makes him even more of a shambles with that revelation then... 

Changing teams is crossing a line .......

I have dealings with a "Die in the wool" Spurs fan ..:tango: who was a Colchester fan til his late teens a West Ham fan til his 40''s and now a Tottenham fan ..

I'd have him put down if the law permitted..

poor pathetic runt .......

To be fair the person who told me this is a blunt and said Maguire is 100 percent a Wednesdayite so maybe the stuff Vardy was saying last year is true and he does have divided loyalties. 

• Haha 1

Every day that goes by without being resolved, should incur an extra £ penalty on existing clauses (since we have less time to recruit the next manager and underlings at such short notice) before the season starts... 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 (egnition sequence starts, all engines running).. etc etc. 

2 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

To be fair the person who told me this is a blunt and said Maguire is 100 percent a Wednesdayite so maybe the stuff Vardy was saying last year is true and he does have divided loyalties. 

I'll ring the vets straight away then .....

:Sid:

• Haha 1

If it’s true his agent approached Newcastle then certainly not but who knows what really went on.

Latest rumour I saw earlier on Twitter was Hughton is actually on gardening leave at Brighton and they want a fee to release him. It’s why WBA and others didn’t go for him.

I dont want anyone at the club who isnt 100% committed to the cause , whoever they are.  Its clear he wants to go to the Barcodes, so get rid and find someone who wants to commit to us. 

13 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

When I was younger, hell, even now, if someone asked me who I would play for if I was a pro footballer I always said Sheffield Wednesday. Even if I was the best player in the world, as long as I was paid enough to get by I wouldn't care how bad we were I would only want to play for the owls and would only leave if they wanted to sell me. Call me naive but that was always my response.

We always moan about loyalty, expect players with no affinity to us to bleed blue and white. Every time we need a new manager we always promote anyone who is close to being an owl. Or ex players who have proved nothing.

Steve Bruce is a diehard magpie. He never got the chance to play for them, obviously, he hasn't had an opportunity to manage them.

If he wants to leave to join his boyhood team, then as a fan I don't want him to go. But as that young kid who only wanted to be involved with the team he enjoyed, I wouldn't poo poo him for joining Newcastle regardless of the players, prospect of next season or owner.

That's my view. I'm sure I'll be disagreed with but hell, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one!

Great post!

Still a fatface, ugly, kebab munching Judas coont tho'

Edited by sonofbert2

Basically.. he's f*cked off a reasonably good looking girlfriend who thinks the world of him and got engaged to a dog ugly billionaires daughter for financial reasons.... he'll end up thinking of us so he can keep a lobber on while he's up north doing the "business"..

• Haha 2

Its a job - he's towards the end of his career and might just fancy a crack at a job he's always fancied.

I personally think he'd be making an awful decision from his health and happiness leaving us for Newcastle at this time - I just dont think he'll be given a chance by the fans - but I dont really blame him for looking.

We'll be fine. Bruce seems to be a great fit for us at this time so its a real pain - but we wont be short of people wanting this job if finances are seemingly a lpt healthier now.