Would you have Bruce back?

26 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

No he’s shown nothing but disrespect to chansiri and us fans after we waited and gave him time for personal things chansiri gave him so much respect this is how he repays him and the fans. He’s nowt but a w@nkr if he goes. My personal opinion but fizz him 

Why has he. He has asked DC for permission to speak to the club he supported as a kid. What is disrespectful about that?? Are you telling me if the same was offered to you, you wouldn't at least talk to DC about the job?

Just now, FightLikeAGirl said:

Not if he leaves, tbh. Especially if we can get a better alternative.

He's really, really hated by Geordies, I think he's mental to want to go there. But money talks, I guess.

I imagine it is more to do with managing the club he supports, if he goes.

Guest Bulgaria
21 minutes ago, trotter said:

Not a chance.  He has shown a disgraceful lack of loyalty and integrity after the way the Owls supported him last season.

Absolutely.

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Why has he. He has asked DC for permission to speak to the club he supported as a kid. What is disrespectful about that?? Are you telling me if the same was offered to you, you wouldn't at least talk to DC about the job?

I personally wouldn't be able to do what Bruce is doing, especially after my employer had waited for me to start work due to personal issues, and showed me the utmost respect.

But then again I ain't a thicked skinned carpet bagger with absolutely no thought for letting people down.

Hope he goes now.

We move on.

There’s no loyalty in football these days but as others have said you’d have at least thought the way we waited for Bruce due to personal problems etc you’d think he’d repay this by finishing the job he started or at least give us a full season. 

11 minutes ago, Tudders said:

If Newcastle had been incredibly understanding about the loss of my parents and my need for time out, then there’s no way I’d leave them after such a short space of time. It’d be out of personal decency. When it’s personal like that, it’s bigger than the club you support. Well it would be for me.

Also if SWFC were about to be taken over and there was a big chance I’d be sacked no matter what results I achieved,as the new owners likely want to bring in their own man, if I joined SWFC I’d be in effect trading my pride for a few million pounds. 

Id be a multi millionaire already without selling my pride for a few million more. 

The closer you get to your ‘boyhood’ club, the more the shine is taken off. I trained with SWFC in the 90s, and you realise that the players are all human, as are the staff, with different personalities, and some aren’t pleasant-like a typical workplace. The staff change constantly like at any club, the only constant are the supporters. It certainly brought SWFC down from the pedestal for a few years. It’s all a distant memory now, so I’ve regained the illusion. I’m sure SB must feel similar and the draw isn’t the same as it would be for a die hard Newcastle fan with no previous links to professional football. I think if SB goes, it’s for the money. It’s certainly not a career step as it’s a poisoned chalice.

I wouldn’t leave under such circumstances, but I guess it depends on the person.

That's fair enough and I do understand your view but I still think the majority would go. I doubt its for the money, he'll have enough of that or in the hope of long term prospects there. Managerial jobs never are these days.He probably sees it as his only chance to have a crack at this stage of his career. 

I would also point out that at the time we weren't doing him a favour giving him a job here and in effect he said he'd do it if we could wait a bit. He was doing us a favour. It's not like he was already our employee and we gave him 2 months off to grieve and watch cricket mid appointment. 

Im glad he saved us from relegation and sorted the egos out. It was nice while it lasted and hopefully some of what he did in the short time he was here gives DC a better idea of what we are looking for from a boss.

Generally just a massive shame but I'd have taken this if offered back in November. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

But he’s not he’s leaving a premier league bound Wednesday to go to a muppet run Newcastle that’s about to be sold maybe and new owners might come and want rid with their own manager on his @rse by Xmas my bet 

Not really . Another fat pay off . Nothing to lose