Would you have Bruce back?

I guess the real lesson here is that however much we may love that club, it operates in a world that is devoid of honour. 

Its a reminder that family and health are what's really important in life. 

I'm off to walk the dogs!! As Bruce clearly isn't.......

Not the first time Bruce has jumped ship for a supposed better offer. What really smacks of a lack of respect for the club and DC is the fact that we waited over a month for him to actually start the job. We supported him and a showed empathy for his situation. Seems he did not have the class or respect to show the same loyalty. Good riddance to him and we will move on hopefully with someone willing to show some pride and passion for this great club.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

When he is invevitabley sacked before Christmas!

Why has he gone somewhere? I've not heard any kind of official statement from either club. So, therefore he is the manager of Sheffield Wednesday and until I hear otherwise, I hope he isn't in a position with us at Christmas to warrant the sack.

No offence OP, but there are way too many people just busting to start a thread with more bad news. It's almost pandemic in this forum.

2 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

No he’s shown nothing but disrespect to chansiri and us fans after we waited and gave him time for personal things chansiri gave him so much respect this is how he repays him and the fans. He’s nowt but a w@nkr if he goes. My personal opinion but fizz him 

Look at his track record. He has no sense of loyalty.

His best mate is Big Sam. A pair of money grabbing idiots.

For me he can do one.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Not the first time Bruce has jumped ship for a supposed better offer. What really smacks of a lack of respect for the club and DC is the fact that we waited over a month for him to actually start the job. We supported him and a showed empathy for his situation. Seems he did not have the class or respect to show the same loyalty. Good riddance to him and we will move on hopefully with someone willing to show some pride and passion for this great club.

Exactly this.

He can do one.

Simply answer, NO !!

I cannot see any scenario where he would be welcomed back. He has shown no loyalty to the club, admittedly, this is an old fashioned and outdated concept amongst managers and footballers these days.

He has shown no committment to the Chairman, who allowed him personal time to refresh before taking up his appointment, and who from what I can see, has endorsed his tenure with staff acquisitions, in order to help progress the team.

To the players, who he has worked with over the past few months, instilling his ideas and methods of play, he has left in the lurch.

All in all, it is a pretty selfish and disrespectful state of affairs, and should the Newcastle position fall through, why would we welcome someone back, who clearly does not care how much turmoil his move has and will cause the players, fans and the Chairman.

2 hours ago, Chris Apolon said:

When I was younger, hell, even now, if someone asked me who I would play for if I was a pro footballer I always said Sheffield Wednesday. Even if I was the best player in the world, as long as I was paid enough to get by I wouldn't care how bad we were I would only want to play for the owls and would only leave if they wanted to sell me. Call me naive but that was always my response.

We always moan about loyalty, expect players with no affinity to us to bleed blue and white. Every time we need a new manager we always promote anyone who is close to being an owl. Or ex players who have proved nothing.

Steve Bruce is a diehard magpie. He never got the chance to play for them, obviously, he hasn't had an opportunity to manage them.

If he wants to leave to join his boyhood team, then as a fan I don't want him to go. But as that young kid who only wanted to be involved with the team he enjoyed, I wouldn't poo poo him for joining Newcastle regardless of the players, prospect of next season or owner.

That's my view. I'm sure I'll be disagreed with but hell, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one!

This is the third chance he's had to manage them...tuned em down twice already

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jp1981 said:

I imagine it is more to do with managing the club he supports, if he goes.

rubbish. If man united made a last minute move for him, his "boyhood team" would get the same kick in the balls that we"re grtting

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

Well Atkinson came back a few years later

He did have the small matter of a trophy and a promotion though 

I forgave Ron straight away. 

Despite taking us down he gave us some of the best days out, including Wembley, left a blueprint for entertaining football. If that wasn't enough, he brought in the best full back we've ever had and will ever have. 

55 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

I didn't want him here in the first place.

:Sid:

I doubted his motives. Clearly I didn't know that DC had a cunning financial stunt which i'm sure will allow us to spend and I'm sure Bruce was made promises. I hate being right. Just gutted I didn't get on @ 33/1 because it looks so obvious now.

• Haha 1

To be fair the only worry I have now is I don’t want the sports science guy to follow him. He’s a real gem that bloke i think he’s onto something good. Hope we keep him. Bruce’s other sidekicks obviously going

If he went to ask permission to talk to another club, boyhood or not after 18 games and a 2 month wait beforehand after accepting our offer and knowing full well what he was accepting and what the club means to the fans then no I don't want him back at all. Change the locks of he doesn't get the job lol