Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

31 minutes ago, vulva said:

If this is really happening, It’s bad enough him leaving so soon, but after DC waited for him like he did, in view of the situation, brought his staff in before etc, this is an absolute conkers trick by Bruce. 

I said at the time that we shouldn’t have appointed Bruce with the situation he and we were in. Bruce wanted family time. No problem with that.  Totally understood his position, but this is Sheffield Wednesday, not the Dog and Duck. We needed a manager.  That said, backed DC and his decision and we moved on. 

Its about time the LMA condemned behavior like this is the same way they condemn clubs sacking managers.  

To be fair I don’t think any of us could have envisaged this. What were the chances that Benitez would leave Newcastle and that they would end up sounding out a second tier manager as his replacement? We’ve been about as unlucky as we could be. 

Just now, asteener1867 said:

So if he goes its DC's fault?

I think that rather harsh...Its not as though Bruce has voiced any complaints is it?

If he goes it will be for the prestige of The Prem..and money

If they want him it’s very hard to keep him. But Bruce not speaking out doesn’t mean he’s happy - George Hirst didn’t speak out. Neither did Hutch or Westwood etc. Their contract won’t let them. 

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Ferret says it is. Done and dusted

Ferrets talking gonads like the rest of the itk, just looking at the bookies odds. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

If they want him it’s very hard to keep him. But Bruce not speaking out doesn’t mean he’s happy - George Hirst didn’t speak out. Neither did Hutch or Westwood etc. Their contract won’t let them. 

Why what does it say in the hutch and westwood contracts?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

True, but what with this being a Sheffield Wednesday forum and all, the potential loss of the manager of Sheffield Wednesday is understandably big news around here.

It's a big deal to many, particularly as the club are heading in the right direction on the pitch since he arrived. He's clearly a good manager at this level, one of the best. I really hope he stays. I get why so many fans will be miffed if he leaves.

But there is a reason he's had a lot of clubs, and because of that I've not bought into him as much as others on here - I look back on some of the stories that followed his exit from other clubs and I am not surprised what is happening, although I am surprised it's all happened so quickly. I didn't believe that Toon were that short of options.

He's not the only good manager around, Chris Hughton would be a good replacement if Bruce goes. If Bruce goes, it's clear his heart wasn't fully in it, and we need a manager who is fully committed to our cause.

Newcastle United are still in talks with Sheffield Wednesday as they look to agree compensation to release Steve Bruce from his rolling one-year contract.

Bruce is currently on a £2million a year deal and the Owls were happy with the former Manchester United skipper ahead of the new season.

The Geordie manager has taken charge of just 18 games at Sheff Wed, but Newcastle have turned to Bruce after so far failing to land Patrick Vieira, Mikel Arteta or Steven Gerrard.

Bruce will be keen to bring his existing back-room staff of Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence with him to United, and that won't be an issue from a Newcastle point of view give Rafa Benitez took his entire coaching team with him to Dalian Yifang in China.

The Magpies are also prepared to hand Bruce the same transfer budget that was on offer for Benitez this summer.

United's move for Bruce has not been met with enthusiasm by Newcastle's fanbase but managing director Lee Charnley has been given the green light by Mike Ashley to make the move for the ex-Aston Villa, Sunderland and Birmingham City boss.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Newcastle United are still in talks with Sheffield Wednesday as they look to agree compensation to release Steve Bruce from his rolling one-year contract.

Bruce is currently on a £2million a year deal and the Owls were happy with the former Manchester United skipper ahead of the new season.

The Geordie manager has taken charge of just 18 games at Sheff Wed, but Newcastle have turned to Bruce after so far failing to land Patrick Vieira, Mikel Arteta or Steven Gerrard.

Bruce will be keen to bring his existing back-room staff of Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence with him to United, and that won't be an issue from a Newcastle point of view give Rafa Benitez took his entire coaching team with him to Dalian Yifang in China.

The Magpies are also prepared to hand Bruce the same transfer budget that was on offer for Benitez this summer.

United's move for Bruce has not been met with enthusiasm by Newcastle's fanbase but managing director Lee Charnley has been given the green light by Mike Ashley to make the move for the ex-Aston Villa, Sunderland and Birmingham City boss.

Where's that from?

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, torres said:

Tango takes 2 kids and threatens to eat them if Bruce leaves 

DCB4A5B0-38DD-4753-9D94-B1CAD86A811C.png

Now that is a proper belly.  Has anyone on here actually had a feel of it?

Is it a cement belly or a flabby one?