Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I don’t think it can be done and dusted yet can it. But you’d think it will be this week the way it’s going. 

I would say that Bruce has to be applying for a China visa tomorrow morning at the absolutely very latest if he is travelling with the team on Saturday (unless he already has one of course). :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, markowl said:

A question for all the people who are now turning nasty against Bruce.

If you got the chance to quadruple your wages near to where you were brought up, would you give your current employer a moment's thought?

I would take them into account and accept that they would be fairly hacked off with me if I chose to move.

We have every right to be annoyed our manager is bailing before the start of the season regardless of consequences as it shafts our whole pre season and our transfer business. Great for him though. 

3 minutes ago, markowl said:

A question for all the people who are now turning nasty against Bruce.

If you got the chance to quadruple your wages near to where you were brought up, would you give your current employer a moment's thought?

Not having it sorry, you can’t compare the outside world to the bubble that is football 

Bruce gets paid well, he’s made this move without a shred of respect for the club/owner and fans 

people can paper over the compassionate leave we allowed him all they want, maybe there scared of Alex shouting at them on social media , but it’s deplorable in my book that he can throw us to one side after affording him the time and space to recover before starting his job here 

If this is really happening, It’s bad enough him leaving so soon, but after DC waited for him like he did, in view of the situation, brought his staff in before etc, this is an absolute conkers trick by Bruce. 

I said at the time that we shouldn’t have appointed Bruce with the situation he and we were in. Bruce wanted family time. No problem with that.  Totally understood his position, but this is Sheffield Wednesday, not the Dog and Duck. We needed a manager.  That said, backed DC and his decision and we moved on. 

Its about time the LMA condemned behavior like this is the same way they condemn clubs sacking managers.  

not sure if already posted, but just read on ssn ticker Bruce is on a rolling contract with us, and we'd only get £1m compensation. 

If he goes ill be absolutely devastated, heart broken in fact, I feel he's the perfect fit for our club and we must keep him at all costs. 

1 minute ago, Womble Owl said:

not sure if already posted, but just read on ssn ticker Bruce is on a rolling contract with us, and we'd only get £1m compensation. 

If he goes ill be absolutely devastated, heart broken in fact, I feel he's the perfect fit for our club and we must keep him at all costs. 

The compensation figure SSN keep repeating is wide off the mark 

Checked Newcastle forums was hard to find anything concrete among takeover nonsense and Ashley and Bruce abuse. But came across this quote just now, and Geordie fans saying they're haggling over compo...

SheffWedNews‏

@Englishtransfe1
 45m45 minutes ago
More
Understand the compensation fee couldn’t be agreed but now hearing that there will be further negotiations between Mike Ashley and Dejphon Chansiri about the future of Steve Bruce. Something has changed quick. Gut feeling is that he will stay but see what comes of thisswfcspanpwidgetspanpan widget

Would not be such a big loss.

P      W       D           L     WP
Bruce            18      7         8           3    38.9
luhukay         48    16        13        19    33.33
Carvalhal     131    56       38        37    42.7

Just now, vulva said:

If this is really happening, It’s bad enough him leaving so soon, but after DC waited for him like he did, in view of the situation, brought his staff in before etc, this is an absolute conkers trick by Bruce. 

I said at the time that we shouldn’t have appointed Bruce with the situation he and we were in. Bruce wanted family time. No problem with that.  Totally understood his position, but this is Sheffield Wednesday, not the Dog and Duck. We needed a manager.  That said, backed DC and his decision and we moved on. 

Its about time the LMA condemned behavior like this is the same way they condemn clubs sacking managers.  

Totally agree

But it’s such a bad move and it’s purely money driven - he isn’t going to be a winner at a club that’s currently in the market to be sold with an owner like Ashley

Chansiri gave him the time off and we all waited for his arrival and he’s basically gave us all a load of bull and gone - something to build here 

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Checked Newcastle forums was hard to find anything concrete among takeover nonsense and Ashley and Bruce abuse. But came across this quote just now, and Geordie fans saying they're haggling over compo...

SheffWedNews‏

@Englishtransfe1
 45m45 minutes ago
More
Understand the compensation fee couldn’t be agreed but now hearing that there will be further negotiations between Mike Ashley and Dejphon Chansiri about the future of Steve Bruce. Something has changed quick. Gut feeling is that he will stay but see what comes of thisswfcspanpwidgetspanpan widget

:huh:

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not having it sorry, you can’t compare the outside world to the bubble that is football 

Bruce gets paid well, he’s made this move without a shred of respect for the club/owner and fans 

people can paper over the compassionate leave we allowed him all they want, maybe there scared of Alex shouting at them on social media , but it’s deplorable in my book that he can throw us to one side after affording him the time and space to recover before starting his job here 

I agree that it’s not comparable.

I don’t think it’s deplorable in any way though. We waited for him to start the job because we knew he was a better manager than we could get otherwise. It was in our interests so we did it.

I thought this was just paper talk, but unfortunately it looks like he’s going to be off 

Cant hold it against him though if he does leave. It’s a premier league job at his hometown club. For example, who on here would stay at Preston in the championship if Wednesday in the Premier League came calling? Nobody