Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

The spin here will be DC making promises to Bruce, and going back on them. Along with the boyhood club nonsense. 

This is the Aston Villa/Ron Atkinson scenario all over again. 

Agree to be honest. I have been quite critical of Chansiri on here but I feel sorry for him over this and do feel as though he arguably shows too much loyalty in his managers at times, which is frustrating but admirable.  He's maybe been done over again. 

12 minutes ago, chrysoar said:

Would not be such a big loss.

P      W       D           L     WP
Bruce            18      7         8           3    38.9
luhukay         48    16        13        19    33.33
Carvalhal     131    56       38        37    42.7

Yes, he would.

Those numbers mean very little without context.

To be honest, if Bruce does leave this it will be a disaster of a move for him. 

The Newcastle fans don’t won’t him pitted against a Sheffield Wednesday fan base who have really taken to him and we’ve all got excited about what may be achieved. 

It won’t be a successful reign as Newcastle manager. He may manage them for a season or so and then get fired as a failure. They will either get relegated again or just not achieve very much. There’s also the risk they will get taken over and then he would be replaced. Alternatively I think he could achieve fairly big things here. Really rejuvenate an ailing club and be seen as an absolute hero among the Wednesday fan base. It’s a target that is very much achievable, all be it with a limited budget but SB operates better with a tight budget. He doesn’t seem to be a manager that deals well with a smaller budget. He finds gems, the odd bargain and maybe one or two bigger fee based decent purchases. 

Does he he really want to finish his career as a failure at his home town club or finish a success as a complete hero?I feel confident he will succeed here. Be such a shame if he takes a payout over ending his management career successfully. 

To me it it would be such a big mistake and a waste of an opportunity (for him and for us) even with blue and white tinted glasses. Obviously for us it would be a disaster too and I hope that takes part in his decision making. 

If if he does join Newcastle though it will say a lot about his character, which so far I’ve really taken to.......... that would change instantaneously though if he jacks us in for Newcastle and I will enjoy watching their and his failure. Unfortunately we will suffer too :(

Edited by English Man
  • Like 1

What makes me cross in all this is that we’ve just let go of the players Steve Bruce doesn’t want and have started signing players he does want. If a new manager comes in, they might’ve kept Hooper for instance, and Borner & others might not be what they would have chosen. Our current rebuilding is all based around Steve Bruce’s vision for SWFC. I so hope something happens that makes him say no to NUFC. I feel like he’s started something good and have been looking forward to what having a good manager could do for us.

1 minute ago, Brissy-owl said:

My mate had a talk with bruce at the game yesterday, he told him he has no idea where all the speculation has come from, seems bizarre 24 hours later hes apparently off 

It's not bizarre at all what else is he supposed to say? he'll have known full well what was/is going off.

Edited by s6 owl

Just now, Brissy-owl said:

My mate had a talk with bruce at the game yesterday, he told him he has no idea where all the speculation has come from, seems bizarre 24 hours later hes apparently off 

it's hardly likely he's going to say look i've been setting this up for weeks dont say owt its between us 

• Haha 3