Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

2 minutes ago, Brissy-owl said:

My mate had a talk with bruce at the game yesterday, he told him he has no idea where all the speculation has come from, seems bizarre 24 hours later hes apparently off 

Because he probably didn’t know 24 hours ago, but a days a long time. All it takes is a phone call to get the ball rolling, I suppose 

Edited by FreshOwl

2 minutes ago, Brissy-owl said:

My mate had a talk with bruce at the game yesterday, he told him he has no idea where all the speculation has come from, seems bizarre 24 hours later hes apparently off 

I know its utterly bizarre that Bruce didn't open up to a complete stranger!

• Haha 2

Just now, prowl said:

If that is the case good on Mr Chansiri. Maybe he has learned a thing or two. I hope he makes Ashley's wallet bleed.

i can guarantee MA's ears will be  by the end 

fully behind DC on this hopefully we screw the tw@

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, alan48 said:

Have I missed something - he's not gone anywhere , it's all media talk . Dont panic .

2 minutes ago, alleycat said:

The amount of posters who think that plane ticket is real though. 

Mind boggling.

Just now, steelowl said:

it's hardly likely he's going to say look i've been setting this up for weeks dont say owt its between us 

He won't say he's been setting it up for weeks because he hasnt, do you think hed appoint strudwick last week if that was the case FFS

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Let's get the thread shut at 100 pages.

We should all move on. Far more important things going on in the world

True, but what with this being a Sheffield Wednesday forum and all, the potential loss of the manager of Sheffield Wednesday is understandably big news around here.

• Haha 4

Guest gizowl
Just now, modboy said:

Maybe why we've not actually signed anyone (apart from a unknown CB) if this has been in the pipeline for a while ?

He's been wanting the fitness coach on his staff for months, wouldn't he have just took him straight to Newcastle, deary me. 

Read Newcastle forums or their comments on online newspaper articles, they are really against Bruce, the abuse, boycotts and threats before it's even confirmed is much worse than what Bruce experienced at Villa. Why isn't this being mentioned to Bruce by those close to him? Makes you wonder if this was pre-planned and engineered well in advance for him to go there or to another top flight club or whether this is some kind of smokescreen to upset the Newcastle fans?

Guest Kameron

I think he'll stay if DC has kept his side of the bargain allowing Bruce full control to run things his way.

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Read Newcastle forums or their comments on online newspaper articles, they are really against Bruce, the abuse, boycotts and threats before it's even confirmed is much worse than what Bruce experienced at Villa. Why isn't this being mentioned to Bruce by those close to him? Makes you wonder if this was pre-planned and engineered well in advance for him to go there or to another top flight club or whether this is some kind of smokescreen to upset the Newcastle fans?

He's an intelligent bloke, IF he's offered the job, he'll weigh everything up, it's not a done deal yet by a long way. 

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

I think he'll stay if DC has kept his side of the bargain allowing Bruce full control to run things his way.

So if he goes its DC's fault?

I think that rather harsh...Its not as though Bruce has voiced any complaints is it?

If he goes it will be for the prestige of The Prem..and money

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kameron said:

I don't buy this, personally I think this rumour is BS. 

Bruce has been allowed to bring in his own backroom staff and signed players early, something DC rarely does. I think hes had the control he wanted