Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

In before everyone starts throwing out the "Why did DC only offer him a one year rolling contract so we don't maximise our compo potential" posts: That makes the assumption that he would have accepted a longer contract.

Anyway, whatever happens, happens.

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

image.thumb.png.84bc2e96254a7c75b1236284f2ace07b.png

still available however not sure to how much 

Vagaries of Astley and compensation package are real obstacles I would think. Rafa has warned off potential recruits according to this mornings paper. Apparently numerous have refused interviews 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

So important DC gets the next appointment right and gets it sorted fast to give the new man as much time as possible with the squad before the season starts. Leave it weeks and we will already be on the back foot. fizz sake why does this have to happen. 

Wonder who advised him to get Bruce. He needs similar advice.

Just now, sweetsheri said:

Fair enough.

It stinks this. We've been done over good and proper.

It is frustrating that this didn’t happen as soon as the season ended, allowing us to at least get a new gaffer in for pre season. For it to take place now only a few weeks before the new season starts is highly frustrating to say the least. Never easy supporting Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Wonder who advised him to get Bruce. He needs similar advice.

Hopefully the advise will be more Bruce than that shocking manager Jos. You would think with what we have been paying Bruce and the compo we could get a decent manager in. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Really annoying thing is Derby get their manager poached by Chelsea - a team with loads of talented young players they can guilt trip Lampard into loaning them & ours goes to fecking Newcastle - who would want to loan a player from Newcastle??!

Cant think of a club draft enough ....oh 

It would be very unlike Ashley to manipulate the betting market and secure massive odds at the last minute on a rank, relatively unknown outsider whilst at the same time making fans feel better about the appointment based on what they were expecting beforehand.

Believe!!

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Ok. Just know a lot from the poker scene who live off sports 

I do not like personal nature of Poker. You are winning from an individual I prefer it not to be. 

I think I'd just let Bullen have it if/when he goes. Can't bare the thought of another Jos or, to a lesser extent, Carlos situation again.

It's seriously gutting, though. Is there some sort of rule that we are not allowed to have a competent manager?