Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, vulva said:

No mileage in that. Big boys world this. Every club taps up players and managers and that’s why such stories go no where. 

Bruce has the chance to kill this story after the match this week. Said before that the ‘spin’ here will be Bruce saying DC has gone back on promises etc. 

Of course managers get tapped up and agents/managers meet in dark rooms but I have never heard of a contracted manager openly travelling to the new club for discussions before sorting it out with his current club.

Are they going to go the whole hog and announce him before talking to us?

Guest addedtime
6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Of course managers get tapped up and agents/managers meet in dark rooms but I have never heard of a contracted manager openly travelling to the new club for discussions before sorting it out with his current club.

Are they going to go the whole hog and announce him before talking to us?

How do you know it hasn't been sorted out with his current club?

I’m not bitter or owt but hopefully one of two things happen here

1. Bruce gets sacked before Christmas and his next job is in league 1

2. He stays and leads Newcastle to relegation along with the pigs and Brighton. We hire Chris Hughton, win the title and laugh our c*cks off as we pass all 3 on their way down

Like I said, not bitter or owt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s let us down big time. But he’s done this to many clubs.

Had a lot of respect for Bruce before he came here and was really pleased we got him. But he’s pied us here and deserves any stick that he gets as a result.

This is what I was saying this morning, he did it to the pigs, after 8 months, wigan after 2, palace after 3, the only time hes shown loyalty is when nobody wanted him

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I'm disgusted by this whole thing. Very disappointed in Bruce. 

Cant agree.

I’ll be so disappointed if Bruce leaves, but I wouldn’t blame him for a second. The 2019 version of SWFC and NUFC are poles apart. If they come calling you go.

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Lets wait until Bruce has officially gone before criticising him too much.

If there was no truth to it, he could simply come out and say there was no truth in it, and he isn't interested. Hell even Allardyce did and he isn't even at a club.

Newcastle fans forum state NUFC players have been informed and a press conference set for tomorrow. Make of that what you will.

As an aside, and I hope I am way of the mark here  but if Bruce goes, I do hope he doesn't site ,"creative differences" or not being supported as an excuse. It would appear to me that new players have been brought in to help his rebuilding.

Sad, sad day if he is going.