Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

Just what I was thinking.

All sounds reyt dodgy to me.

If Bruce has gone behind DC's back, get the 5mill comp and get him fuuuuuuuucked off.

Can we trust that source? There's so many conflicting stories, I don't know what or who to believe WTF::ghoulguy: 

Newcastle, whose interest in Bruce was revealed by Telegraph Sport immediately after Benitez's departure was confirmed a fortnight ago, are still discussing compensation with Sheffield Wednesday regarding the release of the former Manchester United captain.

But the 58-year-old wants the job and feels he cannot resist the lure of the challenge on Tyneside.

A boyhood Newcastle fan, it is the job his parents, who died last year, always wanted Bruce to take and although he will walk into the eye of a storm on Tyneside he is ready to accept the criticism that will follow his appointment. 

Perhaps this is the most telling info we've had.....

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wonder what the reaction would be from Wednesday fans, if Bruce doesn’t get the job, would he still be viewed in the same way? For me, it would still be the best outcome

If he’s gone for it or wanted it and he doesn’t get it is his head in the same place with us afterwards? For me I think not  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Get him gone Chansiri 

Absolute disgrace 

It happens all the time in football, doesn't mean it's right though.

Agree with the sentiment. Bruce has shown his hand, time for us to move on,  maximise compensation and appoint a replacement quickly. 

2 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Load a tosh. Bruce is going nowhere. He's got a bit more decorum than this. 

The problem with making absolute statements like this off the back of speculation is you look right daft if it ends up happening. 

Though the inverse is also true about those saying we've been "stitched up" when it's all just speculation. IMO, he's gone, but I won't start saying it like it's a definitive fact until it's official.

3 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Not legal but more importantly...............NOT TRUE.

Owlin, we need more than that.

The evidence out there is pretty confounding that SB and his team are on their way to SJP.

What's the latest you are hearing then? He's staying?

Edited by owlZfan84