Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, Plonk said:

If true I’m surprised there was no mention from the training ground that Bruce and staff were all absent today? Where’s Kev when you need him

Day off for everyone today 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Plonk said:

If true I’m surprised there was no mention from the training ground that Bruce and staff were all absent today? Where’s Kev when you need him

Weren't due back in until tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Stinks doesn't it.

Ashley showing he has no class whatsoever. 

This isn’t Ashley’s fault. They’ve done nothing wrong and are entitled to try and get any manager they want. 

The blame lies firmly at Steve Bruce’s door. If this happens, so soon after the way DC accommodated him, it’s scandalous. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really do think Bruce would have been the man to take us back to the Premiership. Absolutely gutted all the signs are pointing to him going. Massive massive set back. Personally I think Bruce is making a big mistake, the stress and abuse he will get up there will be horrible. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

Tell you what, I hope Bruce and his team turn up at Middlewood tomorrow morning, look each and every one of them in the eye and tell the players that they are off.

Proper leader is Bruce.

What a turn coat.

Doubt he’ll be seen, he will know full well what’s he’s done and the atmosphere he will be given

bad form if he leaves it to Agnew or Clemence , id tell them all to stay away and let Bullen and Weaver take the team to Lincoln 

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

They wouldn’t be so far behind if it was a Sheffield United Story?:rolleyes:

There not behind 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

This isn’t Ashley’s fault. They’ve done nothing wrong and are entitled to try and get any manager they want. 

The blame lies firmly at Steve Bruce’s door. If this happens, so soon after the way DC accommodated him, it’s scandalous. 

Apart from he should have got permission from the club to speak to a current employee

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

They shouldn’t talk to another clubs manager until agreement has been reached on compensation.

If supposed reliable journalist is to be believed they are going to be talking to Bruce in Newcastle today before even approaching us.

Sounds wrong to me 

So inspite of our precarious league position when Luhukay left, we gave Bruce time to spend with his family and get over a series of personal problems. We waited for him knowing that he needed this time off from the game and gave him the space he asked for convinced he was the man for the job. When he was ready to come back into the game we gave him a contract worth £2m a year and allowed him to put in place his own recruitment staff, fitness staff and coaching staff at the club. We ignored the criticism of Bruce from various national media pundits such as Danny Mills and Ruud Gullit because some things are bigger than football.

I know there is no loyalty in football but just 6 months after taking the job he comes to the chairman and asks to go to Newcastle even though there doesn't appear to have been an official approach (suggesting he could have been tapped up) and after the way we treated him when he first came here? If this is true he can f**k off right now for me, Chansiri needs to squeeze Mike Ashley for as much compensation as he can, send Bruce on his way and go all out to bring Chris Hughton to the club.

If he doesn't want to be here, we don't want him here IMO.

• Thanks 1

Just now, oldishowl said:

They shouldn’t talk to another clubs manager until agreement has been reached on compensation.

If supposed reliable journalist is to be believed they are going to be talking to Bruce in Newcastle today before even approaching us.

Sounds wrong to me 

No mileage in that. Big boys world this. Every club taps up players and managers and that’s why such stories go no where. 

Bruce has the chance to kill this story after the match this week. Said before that the ‘spin’ here will be Bruce saying DC has gone back on promises etc. 

In an unexpected twist, Bruce is leaving us to take charge of OH Leuven, a little known Belgian 2nd division club.  By coincidence the compensation clause in his contract states it is only due if Bruce leaves for an English club.

• Haha 5

Bruce will make himself look stupid now if he starts talking about ‘broken promises’ 

Bet the accounts been published and embargo lifted has come at a bad time for

him now, and wouldn’t be surprised if chansiri has released them today on purpose