Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

3 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

they've been turned down by lots of managers, no one wants it apart from Bruce (according to the media he would jump for it). Everyone else has either turned it down or ruled themselves out. It's a mental job. Dream job or not, boyhood club or not to walk into that toxic atmosphere as 150th choice, with that owner and with the fans instantly against him would be madness, especially after what happened at Villa. Hopefully he'll see sense, be turned off it or advised not to risk it. Otherwise, we'll struggle to get a suitable replacement before the season starts.

All depends if he wants the threatening letters and tweets again especially the one to his family?

Not a great look for Bruce, but boyhood club in the Premier League, who let's be honest are a far bigger club than ourselves, it will have been tough for him to turn it down. Yes the fans here currently love him but he'll be all too aware of how fickle football is, if we were sat 13th in October there'd be calls for his head. Take the big compo, and get a manager with a similar philosophy in charge, getting a Jokanovic will be a waste of time with this squad. A Rowett, Monk or ideally Hughton would be ideal. 

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Is he taking all the backroom staff including Strudwick? 

If they’ve got same morals as him, one can only hope so 

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bruce was a manager that seemed to command respect from players and fans. Someone I enjoyed listening to and really believed in him and that he would get up promoted. I really hope the new manager gives that same feeling. 

^^Another one wanting Steve Evans in. 

41 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

So inspite of our precarious league position when Luhukay left, we gave Bruce time to spend with his family and get over a series of personal problems. We waited for him knowing that he needed this time off from the game and gave him the space he asked for convinced he was the man for the job. When he was ready to come back into the game we gave him a contract worth £2m a year and allowed him to put in place his own recruitment staff, fitness staff and coaching staff at the club. We ignored the criticism of Bruce from various national media pundits such as Danny Mills and Ruud Gullit because some things are bigger than football.

I know there is no loyalty in football but just 6 months after taking the job he comes to the chairman and asks to go to Newcastle even though there doesn't appear to have been an official approach (suggesting he could have been tapped up) and after the way we treated him when he first came here? If this is true he can f**k off right now for me, Chansiri needs to squeeze Mike Ashley for as much compensation as he can, send Bruce on his way and go all out to bring Chris Hughton to the club.

If he doesn't want to be here, we don't want him here IMO.

110% spot on.

Sums it up perfectly.

4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Not sure about Strudwick, but given Strudwick said "I was sold on Steves vision for the club", it makes me wonder which club :ph34r:

Strudwicks pulled a George Hirst scenario on himself. He knew he was off to Newcastle all along. 

I appreciate it’s his home town club but why would you want to take your dream job knowing you’ll have your hands tied behind your back and your own fans heckling you. 

It’s not dissimilar to taking the Wednesday job under Allen whilst he was suing fellow fans. Couldn’t think of anything worse. 

Still, he’s probably less than 6 months away from a multi million pound payout which will soften the blow I’m sure. 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Strudwicks pulled a George Hirst scenario on himself. He knew he was off to Newcastle all along. 

I'm reserving judgement coz he seems like a decent bloke, but, thats my fear, that it was all planned

3 minutes ago, Herb said:

I appreciate it’s his home town club but why would you want to take your dream job knowing you’ll have your hands tied behind your back and your own fans heckling you. 

It’s not dissimilar to taking the Wednesday job under Allen whilst he was suing fellow fans. Couldn’t think of anything worse. 

Still, he’s probably less than 6 months away from a multi million pound payout which will soften the blow I’m sure. 

Give it 3 months he will be trying to leave coz he always wanted the Norwich job

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Herb said:

Which is fine if he's all about the money - but he came here, painted the picture he was in it for the long haul and part of the Wednesday family etc and he's not been in it for the last few weeks and hoodwinked us all. 

But we want someone who is going to engrain themselves in the club and become part of the family - Carlos was that, he had his faults and issues but he truly embedded himself in the culture and fanbase.

Bring on the next appointment and lets get cracking with this season. Bruce can f*ck off.