Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, Jesus said:

Big Sam was on Talksport this morning saying they approached him but he turned it down. Maybe there is a chance Bruce wouldn't want this.

Has Pullis been mentioned at all? If they would consider Big Sam again why not Pullis?

Send the bástárds ALan Irvine and Dave Jones :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

The Star are reporting they’ll offer Bruce a hefty £60m if he takes the job? 

Transfer kitty or wage? 

I can’t imagine it’ll be wage! Mind you £60m over a 5 year contract and you get sacked after 3 months. Hardly works out. 

If its transfer kitty! It’s hardly hefty. They’re in the process of selling Longstaff, etc for probably around this much and then he’ll be able to sign 3 Premier League rejects 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Giddings just tweeted there is still no approach.

What a farce.

Wonder if the whole thing is a smokescreen? 

That's what I kept saying yesterday, seems like no one knows anything and everyone's going round in circles until we find out it's confirmed one way or another or denied WTF::ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The same people criticising Bruce for disloyalty are the same ones who called him a good and honourable man for taking an extended break following the death of his parents.

But people have a go at me for questioning the chairman and his advisor who have overseen a number of bad errors over the past few years. 

Still how dare Bruce leave. People forget he owes us absolutely nothing.

No he doesn't owe us anything but you are choosing to believe that Bruce is leaving due to broken promises from the chairman which isn't fair when you don't know that as fact. You would rather side with SB when he has shown in the past that he can be a bit of a mercenary. As I've said I would prefer that he stays but it's out of order for people to blame the chairman for this situation if he chooses to leave.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I wonder what the reaction would be from Wednesday fans, if Bruce doesn’t get the job, would he still be viewed in the same way? For me, it would still be the best outcome

Until the decision is made, people should hold their judgement IMO

Just now, gurujuan said:

I wonder what the reaction would be from Wednesday fans, if Bruce doesn’t get the job, would he still be viewed in the same way? For me, it would still be the best outcome

I want him to stay because I think we'd struggle to get a suitable replacement in time for the start of the season, plus it would mess up the restructuring and we'd be playing catch up again

Just now, gurujuan said:

agreed it would still be the best outcome mainly because we could end up with anyone, could appoint a random foreign manager we've never heard of again, last time we did that it didn't end well.

think some fans will still give him stick and probably want him sacked if we don't get off to a good start