New ownership, £21m more share capital

4 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I'd hope this was sorted months ago, before the shirts were manufactured.

You'd hope so, but remember the VW Badge we had?

Kit was released without it to start with, then there was a batch where it came off in the wash! 

:duntmatter:

5 minutes ago, The Batman said:

You'd hope so, but remember the VW Badge we had?

Kit was released without it to start with, then there was a batch where it came off in the wash! 

:duntmatter:

Remember the old silk scarves?

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

One wash later

H  F  EL   W   N SD Y

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 8

Guest mkowl
23 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

One wash later

H  F  EL   W   N SD Y

Inspired by the old Kop scoreboard

5 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I'd hope this was sorted months ago, before the shirts were manufactured.

Hasn't something like that happened at Sunderland this season where they've had to put a new sponsor logo over the original intended one? Can't remember/not really interested why...

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

One wash later

H  F  EL   W   N SD Y

You should see a Scunthorpe scarf after one wash .

• Haha 9

It's not good news. 

It means our club is now participating in the world of offshore international finance. 

Our money that we pay into the club is now being siphoned abroad, never returning in taxation that will benefit our society. It's part of the exact same legislation-dodging world that the superrich have been indulging in, the exact same processes that Cameron, Yanokuvic, Putin, Trump, everyone have used to plunder their countries. 

Welcome to klepocracy. Those that think it'll benefit our club are short-sighted. This is the short of stuff that keeps the poor poor and rich ever, ever richer, the stuff that means most of London is technically foreign territory. 

I would LOVE to be proved wrong. But I'm also 100% not. 

• Haha 2

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

50p says it's a sh*t betting company.  Probably full of Chinese characters.

Mcsue been in China today to finalise the deal, apparently game changing :biggrin:, who in their right mind would do business with that porky piar, been in court showing what a set of bent tools th:blush::blush:ey're. 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Mcsue been in China today to finalise the deal, apparently game changing :biggrin:, who in their right mind would do business with that porky piar, been in court showing what a set of bent tools th:blush::blush:ey're. 

Was Sharpe and Wilder with him?

23 minutes ago, cbirks said:

It's not good news. 

It means our club is now participating in the world of offshore international finance. 

Our money that we pay into the club is now being siphoned abroad, never returning in taxation that will benefit our society. It's part of the exact same legislation-dodging world that the superrich have been indulging in, the exact same processes that Cameron, Yanokuvic, Putin, Trump, everyone have used to plunder their countries. 

Welcome to klepocracy. Those that think it'll benefit our club are short-sighted. This is the short of stuff that keeps the poor poor and rich ever, ever richer, the stuff that means most of London is technically foreign territory. 

Sounds like you've been sniffing too many of those chem-trails...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cbirks said:

It's not good news. 

What money do you expect is being moved off shore when we are losing tens of millions of pound per year.  We don't even generate enough money inturn over to pay the players wage bill.  There certainly won't be anything going back to the owner.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mike84 said:

What money do you expect is being moved off shore when we are losing tens of millions of pound per year.  We don't even generate enough money inturn over to pay the players wage bill.  There certainly won't be anything going back to the owner.

Just ignore mate, bee in bonnet time.

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

Sounds like you've been sniffing too many of those chem-trails...

So, sadly not. This is unfortunately a very well documented thing that we're very much fighting a losing battle to contain. 

The telltale signs are in this Sheffield 2, 3, 4 & 5 business. One owns the other, which is in turn director of the first which is joint owned by the next two and around and around. 

It's a process my which individuals take advatage of the legal status of a limited liability company. At best, it is a way of hiding income and avoiding taxation - something I reiterate that we DO NOT WANT, expecially with our individual hard earned cash going into it, and especially with the EFL making its own rules to combat this sort of thing; what's legal may not be ok in football. At worst, its a way to hide true ownership and thus a way to embezzle money for individuals, as money is moved into one of these companies (as even The Star says seemingly offshore companies) where is passed to individuals. Call me every name under the sun but I'm not wrong in this. This is what the Panama Papers was all about. 

It must be said I don't think DC is going for option 2, but nonetheless we should be very disappointed that our club has gone this way, particularly if we don't even own our own ground. What we're hoping for in all of this is for DC to be benevolent, to be doing this with genuinely the clubs interests at heart, with some sort of magnanimous plan to hand it all back to us if/when he's out.

1 minute ago, cbirks said:

So, sadly not. This is unfortunately a very well documented thing that we're very much fighting a losing battle to contain. 

The telltale signs are in this Sheffield 2, 3, 4 & 5 business. One owns the other, which is in turn director of the first which is joint owned by the next two and around and around. 

It's a process my which individuals take advatage of the legal status of a limited liability company. At best, it is a way of hiding income and avoiding taxation - something I reiterate that we DO NOT WANT, expecially with our individual hard earned cash going into it, and especially with the EFL making its own rules to combat this sort of thing; what's legal may not be ok in football. At worst, its a way to hide true ownership and thus a way to embezzle money for individuals, as money is moved into one of these companies (as even The Star says seemingly offshore companies) where is passed to individuals. Call me every name under the sun but I'm not wrong in this. This is what the Panama Papers was all about. 

It must be said I don't think DC is going for option 2, but nonetheless we should be very disappointed that our club has gone this way, particularly if we don't even own our own ground. What we're hoping for in all of this is for DC to be benevolent, to be doing this with genuinely the clubs interests at heart, with some sort of magnanimous plan to hand it all back to us if/when he's out.

We were owned by a foreign registered company under Mandaric.  Can't remember you complaining about that.

5 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

We were owned by a foreign registered company under Mandaric.  Can't remember you complaining about that.

Well I'd better pipe down, then, if I don't have the same insights as I did nearly a decade ago. 

Incidentally, though, this is exactly why Mandaric didn't sell to Mammadov, as he and most of the Azerbaijan super rich are knee-deep in this stuff. 

1 minute ago, cbirks said:

Well I'd better pipe down, then, if I don't have the same insights as I did nearly a decade ago. 

Incidentally, though, this is exactly why Mandaric didn't sell to Mammadov, as he and most of the Azerbaijan super rich are knee-deep in this stuff. 

I think it was more due to the fact he no longer had a pot to pissin.

Barring VAT what tax liabilities are we trying to avoid using this scheme as a loss making company? 

What money do you think is going to be taken out of the club considering without the owner consistently covering losses we'd be up poo creek.

I'm no financial expert so it's a genuine question.