Steve Bruce

Guest Arnold
12 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Reach is a good player but not a match winner not in same creative mould as Forestieri.  Nevertheless take your point.

FF made one assist last year, compared to reachs 7 and bannans 11. If we can get good money for FF then i think we should take it. I do hope Bruce gets him firing thou. 

4 hours ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

I’d love this to be true, great crank call opportunity ‘Marhaba, Sheikh Mansour here, how much for FF?’

FFS! Not something else im going to have to sort out! lol

Edited by Spookone

5 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

Bruce wants Winnall, Fessi & Joao, Rhodes gone so he can bring in new faces

Winnall all set for Ipswich but DC wants stupid money, Norwich want Rhodes on loan as DC wants too much again, 8 mill for Joao & double figures for Fessi who is in last year of his contract LOL

Hopefully we can get real and get some of these players out and new faces in

Whilst we over value some of our players. 8m for Joao is right 

23 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

The Arsenal Joao yes. The version who went missing for a year after, £2 million max.

Or the version that is 25, scored 9 and 10 goals in the last two consecutive seasons and has a full international cap. Whilst the likes of Che Adams and Lloyd Kelly go for 13/16m, Adama for 18m, Maupay quoted at 20m. Lolley 14m etc

But youd take “2m tops” for Joao well under contract?! I don’t understand this mentality within our fan base. If you sell at the right time in terms of age, contract and form/performance clubs can make big money and Joao is a prime candidate for that with us.

In other instances I think we have held out too long for too much and there is a balance somewhere. But 8m would be a starting point for the likes of Joao and Reach north of 10m in the current market.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Or the version that is 25, scored 9 and 10 goals in the last two consecutive seasons and has a full international cap. Whilst the likes of Che Adams and Lloyd Kelly go for 13/16m, Adama for 18m, Maupay quoted at 20m. Lolley 14m etc

But youd take “2m tops” for Joao well under contract?! I don’t understand this mentality within our fan base. If you sell at the right time in terms of age, contract and form/performance clubs can make big money and Joao is a prime candidate for that with us.

In other instances I think we have held out too long for too much and there is a balance somewhere. But 8m would be a starting point for the likes of Joao and Reach north of 10m in the current market.

The current market is half the championship are under ffp constraints and the other half are skint. 

9 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

The current market is half the championship are under ffp constraints and the other half are skint. 

Huddersfield were the ones wanting Joao and they aren’t in either of those situations. I accept the rest of the championship will struggle with those fees  without parachute money or sales (Bristol City will gave plenty of cash) but unless we can go out and replace a 10 goal player with a bit of flair for what we receive then it’s not worth it as a paltry fee doesn’t solve FFP either. 

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Don't think so, he seems too busy recruiting new backroom staff.

Poor old Tony Strudwick must not be as ITK of Bruce's intentions as one or two on here are! WTF: