Steve Bruce

34 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Have the nandoites on the kop been consulted about this?  You know the ones that care very little about the clubs finances and get misty eyed when he comes on as sub.

Theres going to be some wobbly bottom lips at owls in the park if this is true.

Nowt to do with him being our best player and only match winner in the squad??? Dont see fascination with selling him. Yes he has been inconsistent recently and injuries prevented best form. But firmly believe with Bruce he will get the best out of him. 

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Having legitimate concerns does not equate to being a 'bedwetter' or some sort of eunuch. 

Hopefully by this time next week we have either sold a player or two to allow us to leave the embargo (or the ground sale has been rubber stamped), then on 1 July we announce the apparent incomings and everyone will feel better. 

Agree,  the first line made me chuckle.

Reading between the lines the embargo is a situation that will be sorted.

• Like 1

When I started to read today’s comments in this thread the sun was shining and the sky was blue. While I was reading big horrible dark clouds arrived and it’s started raining (AGAIN !!). I’m taking it as a sign that Matchday section in close season can seriously damage your mood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Ok lads you’ve changed my mind. Champions here we come.  WAWAW? :Chansiri:

For using WAWAW(tm) in conjunction with a likeness of Mr Chansiri please send £9.95 to Mr Jennings as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Lawyers on behalf of

Mr Jennings

Edited by Adem Poric
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

For using WAWAW(tm) in conjunction with a likeness of Mr Chansiri please send £9.95 to Mr S Jennings as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Lawyers on behalf of

Mr S Jennings

Is the S for Shithouse?  I thought his name was Paul.

2 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Nowt to do with him being our best player and only match winner in the squad??? Dont see fascination with selling him. Yes he has been inconsistent recently and injuries prevented best form. But firmly believe with Bruce he will get the best out of him. 

I do genuinely think he's a top player when he's on form and its a joy to watch..but being honest he has been average and pretty much contributed little in half the games he has played for us...Add to that the drama that sticks to him constantly like bad smell..it can't be a coincidence...he even causes drama on the pitch as he goes down like a sack of spuds a lot of the time...He's also been injured half his time here and he's had at least 3 false dawns.

And we have to sell someone, anyone..haven't we sold just one first team player since DC got here in Hunt?  And that was again to get out of a soft embargo..How can you run a football club like that?

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Guest Arnold
2 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Definitely not the only match winner. Reach pulls goals out of nowhere as do other players. 

Bruce said that “the squad needs changing and we might have to sell a couple “

Something we are not good at under DC

We have “signed” free agents but to make the kind of changes Bruce wants we need to sell.

I am certain that left to it Bruce can do some business, sell players and use the money to strengthen the squad.

It’s a no brainer, let him get on with it.

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I do genuinely think he's a top player when he's on form and its a joy to watch..but being honest he has been average and pretty much contributed little in half the games he has played for us...Add to that the drama that sticks to him constantly like bad smell..it can't be a coincidence...he even causes drama on the pitch as he goes down like a sack of spuds a lot of the time...He's also been injured half his time here and he's had at least 3 false dawns.

And we have to sell someone, anyone..haven't we sold just one first team player since DC got here in Hunt?  And that was again to get out of a soft embargo..How can you run a football club like that?

Agree we need to freshen things up and sell some players who we can get some money for that being said I would be reluctant to that being Reach or Forestieri anyone else bar Bannan or Westwood (if signs) I have no qualms with. If meant Bruce can mould his own squad.

Rhodes £4m

Winnall £1m

Joao £5m

That's ten denk there!

• Haha 1

Bruce isn't daft, he knows DC valuation's are ridiculous, I'm sure they'll sort something out as we need to move on over half our strikers, Fletcher the only one I'm bothered about, the rest can go if we can replace.