David Turnbull

8 hours ago, malek said:

Mate, do you think there is any trouth in these reports ?

I know Barnsley offeres 2m for him and got it turned down...

Then again Bruce signed McGinn and there is a chance he thinks of Turnbull as a better prospect.

Keeping fingers crossed.

I honestly don’t know. He is exactly the type of signing we should make and he would already walk into most Championship clubs starting XIs. There’s potential for the club to make some cash on him but it’s a big outlay and I’d be surprised with FFP if it was just strengthening the squad.

Potentially a replacement for Reach? 

Just now, Mycroft said:

We have millions to spend but as is the Wednesday way we can't.   You wait over 100 bloody years for a billionaire to come along and he might as well be a pauper bugger FFP.  

Unbelievable isn’t it  

6 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I honestly don’t know. He is exactly the type of signing we should make and he would already walk into most Championship clubs starting XIs. There’s potential for the club to make some cash on him but it’s a big outlay and I’d be surprised with FFP if it was just strengthening the squad.

Potentially a replacement for Reach? 

Have you seen anything of the lad, and how highly is rated?  Looking at the above video ( I wouldn't sign him for the song choice alone) he looks a bit scrawny and lightweight. 

8 hours ago, malek said:

Mate, do you think there is any trouth in these reports ?

I know Barnsley offeres 2m for him and got it turned down...

Then again Bruce signed McGinn and there is a chance he thinks of Turnbull as a better prospect.

Keeping fingers crossed.

We did have scouts watching him towards end of season, this is a fact. no idea if rest of report true.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How have we made it page two before the customary YouTube video, complete with godawful backing track?

Remember seeing the Stevie May clip and wondering ho many would have been goals against decent keepers and defenders. We got an answer eventually..... not many.

Still, think kid looks pretty good to be fair.

31 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Have you seen anything of the lad, and how highly is rated?  Looking at the above video ( I wouldn't sign him for the song choice alone) he looks a bit scrawny and lightweight. 

Very highly rated but I agree the music in the video is pish. He is quick, has excellent close control, two good feet, takes penalties well, he is not as established as John McGinn and Calum Paterson were when they left but he is younger. Wherever he goes he needs to keep playing to develop properly. He is already a very good footballer though and he will definitely be in the Scottish squad soon.

He is a smart kid, a Motherwell fan, no ties to either of the arsecheeks so that’s why he is likely keeping his options open and not jumping straight away at joining the unwashed. I hope he moves south and most Motherwell fans do too. Would be a good signing

• Thanks 1

Guest The Horse
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How have we made it page two before the customary YouTube video, complete with godawful backing track?

What the hell is that music?

Sounds like Big Shaq doing a parody track.

DA TING GO SKRRA!

7 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Remember seeing the Stevie May clip and wondering ho many would have been goals against decent keepers and defenders. We got an answer eventually..... not many.

Still, think kid looks pretty good to be fair.

Ah, the curious case of Stevie May.

He'd scored 77 goals by the time he signed for us, aged 21.

In the five years since then, he's notched a grand total of 16.

:blink: