Kieran Lee staying.

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Looked well off the pace, although that's perfectly understandable after so long out.

When he turned round and passed it to that QPR player for no reason at all :Sid:

Yeah there were a few of them passes. Another one where he passed it behind lees.

Needs a full pre season and friendlies to get his eye in. 

Was well off his best today but even still he seemed to be involved in the action . He has a knack for being near the action and influencing the game in little ways all over.

Even with lee Bruce will bring in another Cm you need to for a full season my guess is he will still go for someone athletic who can challenge bit of experience like a Diame or whelan hi might even bring another in on top like a young attacking midfielder particularly if we’re playing 3 in the centre we will need 5-6 centre mids 

central midfielders 

bannan 

lee

hutchinson 

pelupessy ( loan or sale )

Diame / Whelan / enforcer type  

young premier league loan 

Hate to say it but that suggests to me that the club might not be in a great situation regarding FFP, if we’re having to offer the old guard new contracts, rather than the much anticipated clear-out.

KL has been an amazing player for us in the past.  And we have missed Lee in our midfield since he’s been out.

But the player’s recent injury record speaks for itself and he’s on the wrong side of 30 now.  I dunno, seems a risky move.

18 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Expect Hooper will be kept on too if we are doing this.

Didnt think he looked interested when he came on. Personally i would release him as i think he slows us down too much, plus we might be stuck with Rhodes

I’ve said all along we will offer contracts to Westwood, Palmer and Lee. 

Abdi, Pudil, Jones, Boyd, Matias and Hooper will be released. Hooper would’ve been kept but given we have 7 strikers and he’s on circa £32k PW, then that’s the reason he goes.

Happy to be proved wrong on this. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not sure personally. Great great player when fit but I would be very surprised if we got more than 10 games out of him next season. 

Do you know something that Steve Bruce and the medical team don't know ?

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

I’ve said all along we will offer contracts to Westwood, Palmer and Lee. 

Abdi, Pudil, Jones, Boyd, Matias and Hooper will be released. Hooper would’ve been kept but given we have 7 strikers and he’s on circa £32k PW, then that’s the reason he goes.

Happy to be proved wrong on this. 

Sounds about right.

I'd be surprised if Hooper stayed .

If we didn't have 7 strikers I'm sure he would . 

19 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Interview is up on football heaven clips.

The bit where he talks about Lee isn't on it though.

Thanks 

interesting to hear he expects 5-6 plays in minimum whilst I’m not surprised I wonder what those positions will be 

don’t know why I’m saying this now I just started a thread on the matter

thanks again though