Late Goals

Bruce will be fuming and has every right to.

The game should have been over after 5 mins injury time - only the referee knows why 3 extra was added on

The Villa game less of an issue for me - tonight and the 2 x WBA games are the ones that have really cost us.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

We did the opposite at Rotherham, they got a huge break with the free kick being given and the time, but it was a great free kick.

We however should've been down to 10 with Dawson's handball and Fletcher got lucky with his goal, swings and roundabouts. 

3 minutes ago, The Claw said:

my 11 year old said the ref should go to prison...…………….

If that happened every time they were crap they’d have filled Dartmoor twice over by now. But they’re human aren’t they, he’s spent a long time thinking about allowing Fletchers goal and decided to give Norwich every chance of evening it up...not Reyt but it happens. And it happens a lot if you’re a wednesdayite!:wacko:

Joao (I think) had a moment in injury time on the break down in the corner. How should have held it up, won a throw, wound down the time and allow the team to regroup. However he chose to try and break toward goal and got caught out, giving away possession. 

As I watched I knew what was coming next. 

Its easy to criticise and Joao probably thought it was better to go for goal but it was not the right thing to do. 

We must  become ingrained with the immortal phrase 'IT'S NOT OVER 'TIL THE FAT LADY SINGS'

Whatever happened to the old adage of, when defending at the death, hoof the ball into the top of the stands?

And possession.    Keep the ball.

35 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Joao (I think) had a moment in injury time on the break down in the corner. How should have held it up, won a throw, wound down the time and allow the team to regroup. However he chose to try and break toward goal and got caught out, giving away possession. 

As I watched I knew what was coming next. 

Its easy to criticise and Joao probably thought it was better to go for goal but it was not the right thing to do. 

Should have easily scored or squared it to fletch. 

I'm hoping with the game being fairly meaningless to the players they thought it'd be better to go for another one than time waste. Also the foul was committed at 94:30 so we weren't robbed as such, but as mentioned there were not 5 mins of stoppages to add on. 

Can I make a point here? At all professional games now, a board is held up, actually for the Ref, but usually for the crowd to see, and the Announcer will say 'The fourth Official has indicated that a MINIMUM of X mins will be played. According to he rules of the game, there is only one timekeeper - the Referee. He can play the extra minutes indicated, but if he thinks more time has been wasted, he can add that on as well. The ultimate timekeeper is the Referee's watch.

• Like 1