Late Goals

13 hours ago, Owls2k said:

We did the opposite at Rotherham, they got a huge break with the free kick being given and the time, but it was a great free kick.

We however should've been down to 10 with Dawson's handball and Fletcher got lucky with his goal, swings and roundabouts. 

that handball,not sure how that works,fair enough feet outside area but ball clearly inside when goalie collected it

20 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Anyone know how many we’ve conceded? 

Today, Villa, Birmingham, WBA all of the top of my head

Its criminal we can’t see games out - got to get better at that, Bruce must be absolutely fuming 

We need to learn to keep possession deep in their half rather than trying fancy passes and back heels.

We need professionalism.

Same for most clubs I should imagine...

Its like....

"Scoring just before half time"

or 

"conceding just after taking the lead"

All clubs do it

Wednesday seem to do it more than most, because we watch Wednesday...more than most.

Its like when Kamara has to draw 6 diagonal lines, intersecting on the 6 yd box, while Van Dyke steps to his left instead of his right, because of the overlapping centre wing back leaving the hole and pretending to be  "false"..number 10"

Bloody hindsight..............................

Edited by asteener1867

7 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Can I make a point here? At all professional games now, a board is held up, actually for the Ref, but usually for the crowd to see, and the Announcer will say 'The fourth Official has indicated that a MINIMUM of X mins will be played. According to he rules of the game, there is only one timekeeper - the Referee. He can play the extra minutes indicated, but if he thinks more time has been wasted, he can add that on as well. The ultimate timekeeper is the Referee's watch.

I get that but it is the referee who indicates to the 4th official what number to put on the board. He must have indicated 5 minutes minimum. From that point, he then found an additional 2-3 minutes that was wasted between 90 and 95 minutes? Not sure where that time came from.

4 hours ago, apswfcowl said:

I get that but it is the referee who indicates to the 4th official what number to put on the board. He must have indicated 5 minutes minimum. From that point, he then found an additional 2-3 minutes that was wasted between 90 and 95 minutes? Not sure where that time came from.

I have watched the final few minutes back again. The referee did nothing wrong regarding additional time.

1, A minimum of 5 minutes is indicated.

2, During the additional minimum of 5 minutes Norwich make a substitution which usually means an additional 30 seconds.

3, The free kick is given after 5 minutes and 28 seconds which is within the additional added time.

4, The taking of the kick is delayed for over a minute due to various discussions between referee and players.

5, Unfortunately the free kick turns out to be the final kick of the match in the 7th minute of stoppage time. I reckon if we had cleared the initial shot the referee would have immediately blown for full time.

Just put it down to bad luck. The referee did not cheat.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

We got a point at Rovrum in injury time. We also beat Ipswich in the 90th minute too. It does just about even its self out over a season. Norwich have been exceptional really.

On 20/04/2019 at 08:54, TodwickOwl said:

Anyone know how many we’ve conceded? 

Today, Villa, Birmingham, WBA all of the top of my head

Its criminal we can’t see games out - got to get better at that, Bruce must be absolutely fuming 

I'd be steaming that we conceded a freekick in the 95th minute.

Let's be fair prior to Bruce coming we were a joke of a club, and as far as I can see that the first time we have lost a lead at the late stage of a game under Bruce.

Guest The Claw
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:13, sternlad said:

If that happened every time they were crap they’d have filled Dartmoor twice over by now. But they’re human aren’t they, he’s spent a long time thinking about allowing Fletchers goal and decided to give Norwich every chance of evening it up...not Reyt but it happens. And it happens a lot if you’re a wednesdayite!:wacko:

my 11 year old is right