Man of the match - Norwich (A)

53 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How has Hector got a 5? He stood off a couple of times 1st half but played really well second half. Onomah also improved after half-time and is a bit harsh having a go at him in his first game after months out.

I am not Matias biggest fan but he put loads of effort in and didn't give the ball away a lot.

Really good performance against a really good side, agree with FF & Fletch being the best of a good bunch today. 

I thought Hector was sloppy all night, better second half but still a way off the level he can be at.

Matias tried hard...but was completely ineffectual and Onomah was awful. Don’t car how long he was out for. He was selected to play and gets rated like everyone else

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

Forestieri for me. Like the FF of old.... full of energy, looked confident, scored a blockbuster... absolutely superb.

Fletcher, HEctor and Iorfa all very good too.

Same for me, looked like the Fessi of old again. What a change! Absolutely superb from minute one, needs to show this consistently now until the end of season. Won't see a better goal than that, what a screamer.

The whole team performed, especially Fletch, Iorfa, and thought Matias was very lively too. Pessy had probably his best game I can remember for us in the holding role. Only Onomah looked rusty, not convinced he's worth bringing back next season from what we've seen which isnt huge amount admittedly.

Edited by swfc-dan

53 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How has Hector got a 5? He stood off a couple of times 1st half but played really well second half. Onomah also improved after half-time and is a bit harsh having a go at him in his first game after months out.

I am not Matias biggest fan but he put loads of effort in and didn't give the ball away a lot.

Really good performance against a really good side, agree with FF & Fletch being the best of a good bunch today. 

I thought Hector was sloppy all night, better second half but still a way off the level he can be at.

Matias tried hard...but was completely ineffectual and Onomah was awful. Don’t car how long he was out for. He was selected to play and gets rated like everyone else

Dawson 6 Should do better on the first goal, too far over to his right for the second

Iorfa 7 I like this kid, puts his foot in

Lees 7 Solid

Hector 8 As good a defender as there is in this division

Palmer 7 Solid performance but likes a mad moment every so often

Matias 6 Put a shift in, too little too late for me

Onohma 6 Good in patches, clearly unfit, will get better

Hutch 6 Would be a Premier player if not for injuries

Boyd 6 Workhorse that always puts a shift

Fletcher 8 Best game in a Wednesday shirt for me, cracking fore arm smash

Forestieri 8 A little wizard when fit, hopefully this is the end of his troubles, cracking goal and also put a real shift in

MOM Fletcher

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 5 he’s pants 

Iorfa 7 we’ve missed him last few games

Lees 7 solid

Hector 8 we have to keep him

Palmer 7 solid as usual 

Hutchinson 5 not on long

Onomah 5 why in front of Bannan?

Boyd 5 I thought he was turd again. 

Matias 6 minus one for foul

Forestieri 7

Fletcher 7

Pelupessy 7 did well

Bannan 7

Joao why didn’t he go to the corner or go down?

The referee lost us that game. Ridiculous amounts of injury time for no reason at all. Disgraceful. Yes, Fletcher’s should have been chalked off but nobody can see that in real time. Very clever cheating by Fletch!

On here there are some decent scores for Boyd. Maybe it’s me who’s wrong but I thought he was awful again. I honestly didn’t see him do anything except run around. If he learnt the offside rule he may be better because he can actually finish. Has to go in the summer.

Also, I honestly believe we’d have won that with Westy in goal. I’d have saved their first goal. Signing up Westy and Hector are the two most important pieces of business in the summer. Relegation battle without these two in my opinion.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Posted on the FF value thread that I thought he was not looking fit. However, today, right from the off, he looked quicker, stronger and fitter. Recovering from injury is never easy, and I'm sure each player adopts a different way of dealing with coming back. Maybe last night, FF felt more confident and comfortable,  hence for me a MOM display.

Terrific performance , led from the front and gave everyone a reminder of how good he can be.

Honourable mention for Fletch, Iorfa and Hector, and Bannan as a sub all added to a hugely enjoyable game, the result aside.

7 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Dawson - 5

Iorfa - 8

Lees - 7

Hector - 8

Palmer - 7 

Boyd - 7

Hutch - 7 (Joey - 8) 

Onomah - 6

Matias - 7.5

FF - 9 MOM, always positive, some terrific play at times plus THAT goal 

Fletcher 8.5 - Beast 

So Dawson who pulled off two great saves gets a five yet Hutchinson who was abysmal for their 1st then hobbled off (shock) gets a 7 . Vintage owlstalk logic ...

:duntmatter:

forestieri m.o.m why can’t you do that more often pal? 

7 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Dawson 6 Should do better on the first goal, too far over to his right for the second

Iorfa 7 I like this kid, puts his foot in

Lees 7 Solid

Hector 8 As good a defender as there is in this division

Palmer 7 Solid performance but likes a mad moment every so often

Matias 6 Put a shift in, too little too late for me

Onohma 6 Good in patches, clearly unfit, will get better

Hutch 6 Would be a Premier player if not for injuries

Boyd 6 Workhorse that always puts a shift

Fletcher 8 Best game in a Wednesday shirt for me, cracking fore arm smash

Forestieri 8 A little wizard when fit, hopefully this is the end of his troubles, cracking goal and also put a real shift in

MOM Fletcher

Agree with everything on here, until the last line! MOM for me was FF - outstanding all night and never stopped running. His purpose and positivity set the tone for the rest of the team. And it set a right example that others like Boyd and Matias have to follow. But very close call with Fletcher

• Like 1