Hooper back for Stoke?

He makes Bannan more effective by offering a short pass, he makes Reach more effective by dragging a defender out and leaving a space to run into.  Its the dropping deep, linking midfield and attack.  Goals are grand, but his movement is what makes him so important.  He's also adept at the dark arts of being a centre forward.  Remember John Terry being put onto his 'arris, Lewis Dunk getting a nudge at the right time?  Besides he and Fletcher were seemingly building a decent partnership because both are good centre forwards.  I'll admit, his fitness worries me, it always has, but no doubt if he's back in the mix for the last 6 or 7 games, we are a different proposition.

It would be nice to have a few proven strikers on the bench for a change.

But lets see if he can get more game time under his belt without any reinjury. Then who knows.

Do we have any news on Fessi  and the rest of the injured crew, as a squad to pick from could be vital in the last 8 and hopefully 11 games of the season.

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Add Hooper, Forestieri and Lazaar to the current available team/squad and we’re as good as anyone else in this league in my opinion. 

This is why we get called deluded ffs, worse thing is you probably believe it.

• Haha 2

Given that most (all?) strikers need a run of games to get match fitness and sharpness to any level before they can realistically make much impact, then I'm not expecting too much from him. At best he'll be match ready and at his best in 5/6 games which if all goes well could be excellent timing for run in.  

9 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

This is why we get called deluded ffs, worse thing is you probably believe it.

Yep terrible to have faith in your own team isn’t it. I seem to remember we have drawn against the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best teams in the league this season whilst missing the cutting edge and creativity of players like Hooper and Lazaar. If you don’t rate these players when they are fit and playing, then that says more about you than my terrible support of my team 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep terrible to have faith in your own team isn’t it. I seem to remember we have drawn against the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best teams in the league this season whilst missing the cutting edge and creativity of players like Hooper and Lazaar. If you don’t rate these players when they are fit and playing, then that says more about you than my terrible support of my team 

What evidence have you seen to believe we are one of the best teams in this league? Even when we were good we finished 6th and 4th, we were lacking in key areas, we aren't as good as we were then and are sat 10th, we finished 15th last season with pretty much the same squad. I didn't say anything about not rating them, all decent players and add to any side at this level, but there's supporting and just coming out with a purely outrageous statement. 

And ffs we've seen Lazaar for 90 minutes, and Newcastle fans had seen him not much more, getting a bit giddy. 

Also I never called your support terrible? 

Edited by Not Jon Newsome

Guest The Horse

What @Southie_Owl is probably alluding to is that this season's championship is much weaker than when we were competing with genuinely strong teams in the form of Newcastle, Brighton, Hull, Burnley.

Leeds' squad is hardly any different to last season and they're battling for autos with the scrubbers who's squad on paper should be mid-table at best.

With Bruce getting back to basics and with those quality players back, yes we are as good as anyone.

3 minutes ago, The Horse said:

What @Southie_Owl is probably alluding to is that this season's championship is much weaker than when we were competing with genuinely strong teams in the form of Newcastle, Brighton, Hull, Burnley.

Leeds' squad is hardly any different to last season and they're battling for autos with the scrubbers who's squad on paper should be mid-table at best.

With Bruce getting back to basics and with those quality players back, yes we are as good as anyone.

We keep saying this about United but again it makes us look like bitter deluded idiots, they've been at the top end of the Championship for two years running. It's wearing a bit thin now, players like Norwood, Egan, O'Connell, Henderson are top players in this league.