Hooper back for Stoke?

Wonderful to hear Bruce suggesting Hooper might be back in two weeks for Stoke. 

“Whether that’s too early we’ll have to wait and see”.

What a boost to our chances if we have Hooper on the bench for Stoke, Villa and Forest, and starting with Fletcher v Leeds, Norwich, Bristol C, Preston and QPR. (and the play-offs of course).

Plus, Getting Hooper back even in a part-time role allows Bruce to give Fletcher time off here and there. Right now there is too much on Fletcher’s shoulders and we will be very lucky if he doesn’t break between now and May.

Fingers crossed we hear nothing but positive news about Hooper’s ongoing recovery.

• Like 7

I think I must have forgot how good Hooper was, I don’t know what’s up with me but just can’t seem to get excited about it. Maybe it’s the length of his lay off  with his contract due to expire in 2 months time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I think I must have forgot how good Hooper was, I don’t know what’s up with me but just can’t seem to get excited about it. Maybe it’s the length of his lay off  with his contract due to expire in 2 months time. 

IMHO. We would have been promoted in 2017 if he had not gotten injured before the play offs.

That is the difference he could make.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Not a bad goal per game ratio really but for me it’s his link play that I admire 

37C5F88D-5F00-4F5A-A194-4EB73E06B42C.jpeg

Just now, Costello 77 said:

The more available quality players available the merrier... but I'm not going to saddle Hooper (or Winnall) with my giddy expectations... it's been a long road back...

A few appearances from the bench and he will be up to speed for the play off final.lol

8 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Add Hooper, Forestieri and Lazaar to the current available team/squad and we’re as good as anyone else in this league in my opinion. 

Except none of them are used to playing in the same team as each other, on paper I totally agree it looks great, but I’m not sure we can just expect them to suddenly become a great team.

13 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Add Hooper, Forestieri and Lazaar to the current available team/squad and we’re as good as anyone else in this league in my opinion. 

Even with those three players we are over reliant on Hutchinson and Bannan in midfield. Hence, our squad isn't as good as anyone else in the league.

Add Lee and Onomah and I'll agree with you though. But they won't be back this season.

Its a shame Sean Clare left. He could have been getting a lot of game time now, albeit mainly as sub.