Hooper

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I suspect I'm talking to someone who is on school holidays. I'll leave you to it. 

Go out and play and get off yr phone,. 

Bloody kids these days. 

You have no argument at all.

You accuse me of being negative for writing off someone who hasn't been anywhere near a first team place for 14 months, then when asked would you keep him, you run away from the discussion 

Very poor on your behalf 

13 minutes ago, torres said:

Jones Abdi, Boyd  - yes i want to get rid of those as well. I presume you want another 2 year contract for each of those 

Presume you want to get rid of Reach and Nando on a free transfer.

*same amount of sense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

When Hooper is back fit he will be the best option in that position we have. No contest. 

His injury is probably the reason we didn't go up in our last playoff push. 

Stop writing good players off. He will be a massive boost when he returns. 

Ffs, when will you lot get real. Him and Lee are not playing for us again, 14 months out now for the pair of them. It's laughable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Realistically Hooper would take 5 or six games to get properly match fit after such a long lay off. I love the guy, we are a different class when he is on the pitch but realistically he isn't going to have enough time to make an impact this season. 

Lee might be a better bet if he was training with the time now. His fitness/ engine is better than Hooper so he can get up to speed quicker. I just don't think he's close yet.

Hoopers days with us are probably over unless he takes a big drop in wages. Lee might be worth keeping.

You can't keep players on sentiment and Club also has financial issues.

I have sympathy for both Hooper and Lee but when they have both not played for a year and would take a full pre season under there belts as well as half a season to have any chance of recapturing previous form. Think they wages be much better spent on players more likely to be assets to the team next season.

• Like 1

Just now, Not Jon Newsome said:

Also players now the wrong side of 30, after this long out will not be the same players they were before.

How long was fletcher out for? 

How old is he? 

Do you think he is less of a player than he was prrior to his injury? 

Or are you just spouting realism cliches? 

• Like 1

Just now, Beholder said:

How long was fletcher out for? 

How old is he? 

Do you think he is less of a player than he was prrior to his injury? 

Or are you just spouting realism cliches? 

Since when has Fletcher had 14 nearly 15 months out injured? It's the niggling types he gets not the career threatening. Alan Judge at Brentford never came back the same and there are countless other examples, even Coutts for the pigs. 

1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Since when has Fletcher had 14 nearly 15 months out injured? It's the niggling types he gets not the career threatening. Alan Judge at Brentford never came back the same and there are countless other examples, even Coutts for the pigs. 

He was out all of last season ffs. 

• Like 3

Just now, torres said:

So would you give Hooper another contract? Not wanting to be antagonistic just interested 

Its a hypothetical question.

Id' consider his form and fitness at the end of the season.

If he was back , fit and scoring I would defo consider it. He's just too good a player at this level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torres said:

How is that the same??

Very weird post 

Sometimes I disagree with you (the whole if you don’t attend 46 games a season you are not a fan) but with you on this . I can’t wait to see the back of hooper , lee , abdi , Jones and Boyd . Five players who have contributed the square route of naff all . To think what those wages (along with Bruce’s arrival ) could have been used towards .

I will be amazed if Hooper and Lee get new deals. But unlike Abdi and probably Winnall.  Bruce will do his best to get them on the pitch for us this season. As they are or were extremely good players.

I would take a fit Hooper over any of our strikers.