Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 hours ago, basegreenowl said:

Do you reckon we got any of the compo off of Newcastle? Or is the amount the Lawyers are after for Agnew and Clemence? Nixon seemed sure the £4 million had been paid in. Think it was that Journalist. Cos thinking bout that little amount and Hector. 

I suspect we got an initial payment and DC is now insisting that it's supplemented because of Agnew and Clemence jumping ship as well.

Brentford have made a £6m bid for 19 year old Troyes forward Bryan Mbuemo

The versatile French U20 player scored 10 goals and made 3 assists in 35 games for the French Ligue 2 side.

Left-footed Mbuemo can play right wing and centre forward and is known for his trickery and skills. 

Edited by Bloxwich Owl

2 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

The versatile French U20 player scored 10 goals and made 3 assists in 35 games for the French Ligue 2 side.

Left-footed Mbuemo can play right wing and centre forward and is known for his trickery and skills. 

Also close to signing Marcus Edwards on a free from Tottenham

Just now, gurujuan said:

Wasn’t he nicknamed the British Messi, because of his amazing ball skills?

Yes he’s a player I wanted us to sign as he has potential to be a top player which would be worth the risk for a minimal transfer fee 

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes he’s a player I wanted us to sign as he has potential to be a top player which would be worth the risk for a minimal transfer fee 

Not sure whether he is just refusing to sign a new contract, or whether Spurs have just let him go As much as I’d like to sign him, he’d have more chance of thriving at somewhere like Brentford or Peterborough

Edited by gurujuan

3 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Brentford are playing football manager this summer. 

Players in:

Pontus Jansson £5.5M

Mathias Jensen £3.5M

Christian Norgaard £3.1M 

David Raya £3M

Ethan Pinnock £3M

£18M+ spent 

Players out:

Ezri Konsa £12M

David Bentley £2M

£14M recieved 

Plus Neal Maupay potentially to be sold for  £15-20M 

Brentford, Bristol City, Huddersfield, West Brom, Leeds and Derby would be my initial guess for top six, in no particular order. 

We would have as good a chance as any if we could get a couple more in at centre half and central mid. Still think a bit of a reshuffle up front to bring in a winger/pact forward too.

I think I'm going to back Brentford for promotion.

They've played the game brilliantly for the last five years, bossing the market, positioning themselves on the cusp of making it. The weakest Championship in years, lots of clubs in an unfavourable FFP cycle... you get the impression they've earmarked this year as theirs. 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

They've played the game brilliantly for the last five years, bossing the market, positioning themselves on the cusp of making it. The weakest Championship in years, lots of clubs in an unfavourable FFP cycle... you get the impression they've earmarked this year as theirs. 

Brentford also have the luxury of being in London and attractive for the young players of the big London teams to go on loan without the need for relocating.

33 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Show me a season when this has not been said pre-season.

Edited by Matt_1

7 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Show me a season when this has not been said pre-season.

Won't disagree with you, it's a popular line, and I get your point... buuut...

Difference is, I haven't said it any other preseason before. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm some massive authority on the strength of the league... but I know for a fact that, internally, in my head I'm right (as we all think we are whenever we voice an opinion lol ) 

Point is, I'm standing by my assessment of Brentford and the league this season... never stuck my nose out like this before about either of them, but I just have a feeling. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Won't disagree with you, it's a popular line, and I get your point... buuut...

Difference is, I haven't said it any other preseason before. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm some massive authority on the strength of the league... but I know for a fact that, internally, in my head I'm right (as we all think we are whenever we voice an opinion lol ) 

Point is, I'm standing by my assessment of Brentford and the league this season... never stuck my nose out like this before about either of them, but I just have a feeling. 

100% going to use that line myself!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Which ever way you look at it they are still selling their best players in there prime.

This year they are spending a chunk of it yes but it remains to be seen if it will work for them.

52 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Brentford also have the luxury of being in London and attractive for the young players of the big London teams to go on loan without the need for relocating.

Look.... HS2 will be with us in a few years.. 30 minutes to capital innit. :ph34r::duntmatter:

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

.....and moving into their new ground next season

CF3AAC6C-149D-4F94-91E6-D4B83AB393D8.png.e87677b11c62f3a3d4b768e4fcae380f.png