FA Investigation:

Inexcusable by a dozen or so morons out of 6,000. I saw the goggles, but couldn't quite believe that they'd been thrown on, wasn't sure if it was goggles or a jockstrap! Also some idiot threw a Lucozade bottle from the top tier into the penalty area towards the end - not at any players, as it was the end that we were attacking.

That said, Willian and co should have had more sense than celebrating the goal right in front of a clearly incensed away following, it wasn't the brightest thing to do.

Not that I condone chucking stuff but I had to laugh at in addition to the swimming goggles and coins that someone was throwing fun size Snickers and Mars bars (in their packets) and about 4 packets of half open mentos. It was like someone was chucking the pack up that their mum had made for them. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

Not that I condone chucking stuff but I had to laugh at in addition to the swimming goggles and coins that someone was throwing fun size Snickers and Mars bars (in their packets) and about 4 packets of half open mentos. It was like someone was chucking the pack up that their mum had made for them. 

...pleased it wasn’t some ‘health conscious’ mam then ... ‘fruit’ would have been worse ffs!!

28 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I just despair sometimes. Hope they identify him as that knuckledragger that sits behind me on the Kop. 

Am afraid a small number of our away fans are a disgrace ( I have seen it myself and become very worried at the out of control behaviour)  and it has needed sorting for several years. We may need some of our own, better security and  stewards among them, who would take action. 

Just now, victorturner said:

Am afraid a small number of our away fans are a disgrace ( I have seen it myself and become very worried at the out of control behaviour)  and it has needed sorting for several years. We may need some of our own, better security and  stewards among them, who would take action. 

You should see some teams. Especially abroad. Our 'disgraceful' fans would look like sunday school angels. 

37 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I dunno why we didn't get a corner from our VAR decision

Would have changed the pattern of play leading up to their penalty decision a couple of minutes later

VAR is for getting the right decision that decision should have been a corner to us.

Probably still have lost , but it's fine margins 

I thought that. But then I thought, could you argue it was a freekick to them cos Ampadu had his leg smashed by Pelupessey?? Even so doesnt explain the drop ball decision, but would probably have not changed what happened. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

You should see some teams. Especially abroad. Our 'disgraceful' fans would look like sunday school angels. 

I am aware. But some of our fans are frightening and you know what, it will be just our luck to develop a reputation, If Leeds fans were doing some of the stuff you can see ( not yesterday's as it sounds mild tho public) we would be on our high horse. Show an example WAWAW.

39 minutes ago, daleblue said:

The ball is dead as soon as the ref gives a foul and penalty, drop ball for incorrect decision.

This is covered in more detail in the other thread about the penalty decision, but briefly: you're correct that according to the rules the drop-ball is the way for restarting if the referee has to stop play. But in yesterday's case the ball had already crossed the line for a corner and therefore was already dead before the referee blew his whistle, so the correct restart is with the 'new decision' made by VAR - which should've been a corner to us.

12 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

This is covered in more detail in the other thread about the penalty decision, but briefly: you're correct that according to the rules the drop-ball is the way for restarting if the referee has to stop play. But in yesterday's case the ball had already crossed the line for a corner and therefore was already dead before the referee blew his whistle, so the correct restart is with the 'new decision' made by VAR - which should've been a corner to us.

The decision was made for a foul and penalty given, so play is stopped and brought back to the penalty incident, the game has to restart from that point,so it makes no difference if its a corner or anything else, the ball is dead at the time the tackle was made and penalty given.

Edited by daleblue

39 minutes ago, alanharper said:
Inexcusable by a dozen or so morons out of 6,000. I saw the goggles, but couldn't quite believe that they'd been thrown on, wasn't sure if it was goggles or a jockstrap! Also some idiot threw a Lucozade bottle from the top tier into the penalty area towards the end - not at any players, as it was the end that we were attacking.

That said, Willian and co should have had more sense than celebrating the goal right in front of a clearly incensed away following, it wasn't the brightest thing to do.

Makes note not to go swimming with you  :Pelupessy:

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

We keep out one of the world's best teams for 30 minutes or so and win a penalty. The penalty is overruled by a var system that is only in use at a handful of games in this round. We concede a penalty cos we are a bit knocked for 6. Our fans then throw a pair of swimming goggles at their players. 

If that doesn't encapsulate Wednesday then I don't know what does. 

A good defensive performance which is to expected against them.  The class divide is immense. But the penalty, come on really? It was clumsy. Not only that but it was repeated again, this time fortunately not in the box.

Bannan more interested in arguing with the ref than concentrating on the game. Perhaps he knew something that VAR didn't (what does arguing with the ref EVER achieve?).

Makes us look parochial af. Can't handle their big day out in that London and end up throwing things at somebody who can't throw anything back at them. 

I couldn't get tickets but these d*ckheads could? Jesus wept. Let us never speak ill of Blunts or Miwaww, we're no bloomin better.

• Like 1