Club 1867 Launch

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Rip duck 

But lovely in a pancake roll 

What would happen if they actually sold a seat lock, stock and barrel from an FFP point of view.

i.e. I buy a seat for £6K + VAT and I can sit in that seat whenever I want and get full access rights.

In other words a seat for life.

Similarly, what would happen if I bought a box for £200K + VAT?

I had to decorate it and maintain it. It is my box.  I get the right to buy food and drink at an additional price from the bar.

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Don't get all the whinging and moaning.

If you can afford it and wish to take the club up on it's offer then good on you. If you cannot afford it then thats okay too. Just don't moan for the sake of it. 

Personally can afford it but won't be taking them up on it. 

Neg away

The point is Willow..Fans Know it won't work....but the club think it will......

Its not so much a question of taking it up...Its a question of...

Who's f.ookin' running this shambles

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

What an absolute farce. Particular the way we're basically using priority points as bribery, that's going to cause a lot of ill feeling.

The club might have felt a bit lifeless when it was being run by MM and Aldridge, but at least we didn't have to put up with some mad new idea every month, from home-made kit suppliers to ridiculous club membership schemes.

From the other side, imagine buying Club 1867 and then not getting a Chelsea ticket.  They have to give priority over and beyond season ticket holders for people that take this up.

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If you can afford it dont you have enough faith in Chansiri getting us up?

Not in the slightist, Just my choice. Will get my season ticket as normal. 

6 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Don't get all the whinging and moaning.

If you can afford it and wish to take the club up on it's offer then good on you. If you cannot afford it then thats okay too. Just don't moan for the sake of it. 

Personally can afford it but won't be taking them up on it. 

Neg away

It's not a moan just not liking the fact that future income is being mortgaged to fund today.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

What would happen if they actually sold a seat lock, stock and barrel from an FFP point of view.

i.e. I buy a seat for £6K + VAT and I can sit in that seat whenever I want and get full access rights.

I had to decorate it and maintain it. It is my box.  I get the right to buy food and drink at an additional price from the bar.

Same thing happened at one of our local golf clubs a couple of years ago.

They needed money, so sold a limited number of life memberships.

Now hugely regret the short term fix and others that either couldn't afford or missed out resent it.

Imagine teenagers buying life memberships........false economy.

This is a complete and utter confusing mess.

In fact, its ludicrous

Obviously no-one is being forced to buy one - but its clearly a case of a big shrugging its shoulders and saying "if you don't, then we're knackered sorry"

I'm not even remotely in a position to get a season ticket, let alone a 5 year speculative one, but given the very public waste of cash over the last few seasons I find it insulting the club would even waste our time proposing this 'offer'.

Sell a player or two - you know, one of them ones we've splashed all the cash on in stupid, reckless fashion - and spare us the sob stories.

1 minute ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Now hugely regret the short term fix and others that either couldn't afford or missed out resent it.

I bet tickets for life will be the next thing the club will propose in 12 months.

Just now, ElsecarOwl said:

Not sure about that.

They wouldn’t miss 1,000 seats, we never fill them.

Plus you could get creative around it I.e. club has option to buy the seat back.  So the club could use PL money to buy back.

It could effectively be a ‘secured loan’ taken out by the club.

Which seems preferable to the fan of this 1867 gamble.

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The issue is that if you sell something today with the explicit right to use an asset indefinitely accounting wise you should really spread the revenue over a long period

I am sure there is smoke and mirrors to allocate most of it to today. This is where the book comes in, you can show value being received by the customer (us) in exchange for our money 

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Not sure about that.

They wouldn’t miss 1,000 seats, we never fill them.

Plus you could get creative around it I.e. club has option to buy the seat back.  So the club could use PL money to buy back.

It could effectively be a ‘secured loan’ taken out by the club.

Which seems preferable to the fan of this 1867 gamble.

Agree to a point but why would you shell out a lump sum for something the club could by back when they want.