Club 1867 Launch

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Sorry if it’s been covered and I’ve not seen it....

Does the free Premier League season ticket still stand if the ownership of the club changed hands?

Mr Chansiri has said the club is for sale, so such cash advances could be at risk if the club was sold.

Think it would depend on who the contract is with. 

For example; if the T&Cs are with “Chansiri Co.” (made up name) and the company gives the benefits on behalf of SWFC, then if MegaOilBucks buys out Chansiri Co, then your contract could be null and void?

Someone more knowledgeable can probably give a better answer. 

If you buy this membership, it should be with the understanding it is a gamble, in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Sorry if it’s been covered and I’ve not seen it....

Does the free Premier League season ticket still stand if the ownership of the club changed hands?

Mr Chansiri has said the club is for sale, so such cash advances could be at risk if the club was sold.

It will be a contract between the company and the individuals. If the company was sold then the new owner acquires the shares. That means they inherit all the assets and liabilities of the company. The obligation under 1867 falls into the latter.

So in terms of your contract nothing changes 

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

For example; if the T&Cs are with “Chansiri Co.” (made up name) and the company gives the benefits on behalf of SWFC, then if MegaOilBucks buys out Chansiri Co, then your contract could be null and void?

If you buy this membership, it should be with the understanding it is a gamble, in my opinion. 

The T and C's have to be with SWFC Limited if the revenue is to count for FFP

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Just now, mkowl said:

It will be a contract between the company and the individuals. If the company was sold then the new owner acquires the shares. That means they inherit all the assets and liabilities of the company. The obligation under 1867 falls into the latter.

What about cases where the football club is owned by a shell, and the contract is between fan and the shell, instead of the club?

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I Know!!!

Its like he's hoarding......in 40 years...yer grandkids will be walking around the Hillsborough museum  looking at all these mummified f.ookers in bandages....(Much like the physio room at the minute)

"is that one Abdi grandad?"

"No son...far too mobile lookin'"

Its ridiculous.....

Owlstalk 2056..

"Abdi back in a fortnight"

Make it f.ookin' stop...please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your on top form tonight matey.   Giving me a much need giggle let me tell thee,  as me freeking gallstones are givin me some rety gyp.

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

What about cases where the football club is owned by a shell, and the contract is between fan and the shell, instead of the club?

See my 2nd point about FFP but yep accept that is valid

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

See my 2nd point about FFP but yep accept that is valid

I should have realised it would have to be between club and fan for FFP; obvious when you think about it. 

Wonder if there will be any amendments to P&S/FFP to stop clubs essentially borrowing against future income?

Here’s a thought DC, sell sponsorships, Exec boxes and other match day packages and adverts like every other club does and you’ll raise more money for P&S than any other schemes that pleads to fans.

You can still advertise your family name and non functioning businesses. It’s all good hand in hand.

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Pathetic.gif.3b6f3b6b70d8a9de73d9c21fa85e0ff6.gif

You would honestly think afeter the last "Club1867" totally bombed...They would have thought about it...

DC..."So we need another money drive...what shall we call it"?

Km.."Well the last Club 1867 had virtually no takers whatsoever"

DC "Thats a very good point Katrienne..We should really give this next one some thought"

KM..."err...Club 1867?"

Dc.."Sounds catchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

F.ook me!

• Haha 5

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

I should have realised it would have to be between club and fan for FFP; obvious when you think about it. 

Wonder if there will be any amendments to P&S/FFP to stop clubs essentially borrowing against future income?

Said in an earlier post not entirely convinced by the accounting on this. Boring as that is, it is highly relevant for FFP purposes.

It's like the duck test really

If it looks like a loan, it works like a loan then presumably it is a loan. And accounting rules want you to recognise the substance of the transaction not it's pure legal form.

Anyhow they presumably have cleverer accountants than me on the case. 

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

Said in an earlier post not entirely convinced by the accounting on this. Boring as that is, it is highly relevant for FFP purposes.

It's like the duck test really

If it looks like a loan, it works like a loan then presumably it is a loan. And accounting rules want you to recognise the substance of the transaction not it's pure legal form.

Anyhow they presumably have cleverer accountants than me on the case. 

So if it looks like a loan...works like a loan....an' quacks like a loan...Its a duck?

See what yer up against?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

So if it looks like a loan...works like a loan....an' quacks like a loan...Its a duck?

See what yer up against?

Yes I will send you a bill for my technical input

The potential revenue numbers aren’t even that great.

If you averaged a package at £2000 then for every 1000 sold it would only bring in £2million.

As well as being a crazy idea it’s a drop in the ocean given our current predicament.

Bewildering.

14 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

12 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Cheers chaps for the answers.

Just recall an issue with Rangers and their future season ticket money p*ssed away, and there was talk that the season tickets wouldn’t be honoured.

Which then made me question the future of this offerings at Wednesday.