Club 1867 Launch

It's all so gimmicky. 

Like one of those "you buy one, you get one free" adverts. 

It will do nothing to alleviate our current profit and sustainability issues.

Say that a reasonable amount are sold?

What then? Do we keep paying over the hill crocks  30k a week to contribute sod all? 

Does Chansiri then come back again, cap in hand, asking for more money from the fans when he's inevitably pi55ed that money up the wall? 

It's becoming increasingly apparent that he lacks the patience and/or intelligence to build this club up for the long term. It's all short term thinking. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Thanks 2

Mr Chansiri , instead of coming up with stupid schemes like this ( a re-hash of the last 1867 scheme ) , to get us out of the brown stuff, just sell some players like every other club does to balance the books. We are in this mess due to his refusal to sell players and his obsession with stock piling them. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, stevie snerklebox said:

Sell players ffs!!!!

I Know!!!

Its like he's hoarding......in 40 years...yer grandkids will be walking around the Hillsborough museum  looking at all these mummified f.ookers in bandages....(Much like the physio room at the minute)

"is that one Abdi grandad?"

"No son...far too mobile lookin'"

Its ridiculous.....

Owlstalk 2056..

"Abdi back in a fortnight"

Make it f.ookin' stop...please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 3

Just now, asteener1867 said:

I Know!!!

Its like he's hoarding......in 40 years...yer grandkids will be walking around the Hillsborough museum  looking at all these mummified f.ookers in bandages....(Much like the physio room at the minute)

"is that one Abdi grandad?"

"No son...far too mobile lookin'"

Its ridiculous.....

Owlstalk 2056..

"Abdi back in a fortnight"

Make it f.ookin' stop...please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the museum?  They'll still probably be playing!

Just not bothered...

7 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

So this is my maths behind it.

Pay £2,775 for Grandstand 1867.

Assume 15% discount of a £600 season ticket.  I save £90 for 5 years or until we are promoted.  I then get a PL season ticket free for however long we are in the PL.  Assuming price per match goes up but four less matches so season ticket remains about the same.

Wouldn’t it be a discounted season ticket until we get promoted (not limited to five years max) and a free prem season ticket for five years (not for however long we’d be in the prem)?

Just now, Sonny said:

Wouldn’t it be a discounted season ticket until we get promoted (not limited to five years max) and a free prem season ticket for five years (not for however long we’d be in the prem)?

Fans hardly matter ...once you are in the Prem...getting there is a totally different kettle of Tuna.......

• Haha 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Fans hardly matter ...once you are in the Prem...getting there is a totally different kettle of Tuna.......

I’d also struggle to believe we’ll be in the prem long enough for anyone to get their free five years.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I’d also struggle to believe we’ll be in the prem long enough for anyone to get their free five years.

Yea ..well then you go down wiv millions in parachute payments...You give them millions to DC and his advisors..and then....

We're totally f.ooked aren't we?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Although, I don't think the scheme is as bad as some are making out...there are potential benefits to it and the continual savings (if promotion isn't achieved) and the TPP points are certainly welcome additions... I can't help but feel, the numbers required to make this scheme work will be completely out of kilter with how many fans could potentially afford to "invest" in the scheme. 

The prices are high enough to make a lot of fans question whether they can afford such an outlay, asking those people to pay double on the off chance they'll get a free ticket when we promoted, will be hard to stomach for many. 

Aside from the obvious way of correcting our P&S predicament...selling players. But that of course relies on other teams bidding for our players. And at this current time, I'm not sure there's too many teams out there who'll be interested in our players for the prices we'll be willing to sell at. 

For me, the only other way of raising anywhere near the amount of cash required, is through businesses who sponsor and use the clubs corporate facilities. Those are the revenues a club needs to be consistently tapping into, to be able to generate the significant amounts of cash required. But unfortunately, Chansiri's ridiculously over-inflated prices in the executive boxes and corporate facilities, have driven those very businesses away. 

I'm not sure how many executive boxes we have...around 20 maybe? Disregarding the fact, that had we sold those boxes to local businesses for the season, the revenue streams generated would have helped our P&S position prior to this tipping point we are at now. But, those very businesses, who'd you'd hope would have had positive experiences using those facitlities, might well have been persuaded to invest much bigger sums on the premise of discouted prices for executive boxes in the future, guaranteed sponsorship until promotion is reached (and then continued sponsorship if promoted for x amount of seasons). 

It's these revenue streams that we'e missed out on, which has seriously held us back. We got the rotating LED sponsor boards around the ground...and it's congested with D Taxis and Elev8. Same goes for the scoreboard. How many local businesses sponsor those? 

Instead of exploiting a vast water source which is already pretty dry, try and find a smaller lake which is full to brimming. I'm certain there's the businesses out there willing to invest in the club...but they need the incentive to. And currently, there isn't. 

At times I wonder, the actual launch of this is unclear, have the club no idea how to explain things properly?

As for the few who seem to think it’s a good scheme for supporters, please explain why?  I’ve got a 3 year season ticket, the club seem to be telling me that we won’t go up this year or next because of FFP, where’s my incentive to purchase anything when I’ve already spent the best part of two grand on my season ticket.

I feel that these "magic bean" schemes, however well intentioned, do more long term harm to the club than good.

They only go to lengthen the already growing divide between the owners and fans. 

Why do we never see any signs of lessons learnt from the club? How hard is it to get to know who your average fan/customer is and how they will respond to these over complicated schemes. DC always talks of being honest with the fans but all the fans want to see is honest up front prices for one years season tickets and honest affordable prices for potd fans (not category A,B,C,D,E,F matches).

I would suggest that DC begins to address the empty cooperate areas and empty advertising areas as well as a proper strategy with regards to the buying and selling of players.

Any damage/lost fans today is going to really hit home in 10 to 15 years time and probably benefit the other lot who we share this city with.

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

This is basically the club asking fans for loans .

No one bought into it the first time around,  and I can't see anyone doing it this time.

They are loans dressed up in an accounting trick to enable the funds received to be treated as revenue for FFP 

Not even convinced that works - the views of the EFL accountants would be intriguing

Just now, mkowl said:

They are loans dressed up in an accounting trick to enable the funds received to be treated as revenue for FFP 

Not even convinced that works - the views of the EFL accountants would be intriguing

I will be totally amazed  if it ever raised enough to cover abdi's wages 

53 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Just my opinion but I don’t think that’s a bad offer for those who can afford it.

Basically it’s only a bad offer if you honestly believe we will never get promoted in your life time.

If for example we were to go up in 20 years time, that would mean while all the other fans were possibly paying £1000 for the tickets, you’d get yours for a £555 outlay 20 years earlier if for example you sit on the North Stand.

I understand it’s not for everyone and I personally couldn’t afford it after buying my season ticket but if I could I definitely would get one.

On the basis its 20 years already