Club 1867 Launch

5 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Well this is clear as mud. We're told our input is financially worth nothing. We have players on between 20 and 40 grand A WEEK. Take Abdi for instance. Let's say he's on 20k a week. This means for every 40 people who take up this offer we can pay his wages for 1 week. For him to sit on his arse. 

If 10,000 people take up the offer, at 500 quid each that's 5million. Or to put it another way, 1million short of a Gary madine. 

Stop messing about with stuff like this. Sell some players, get the wage bill down, replace high wage earners with lower paid younger hungry players and get us moving in the right direction. Lower season ticket and match day prices to get more people through the door. Lower corporate hospitality costs to actually fill some boxes and generate some income. Get some stock in the shop that is affordable and profitable. Get more people spending rather than getting a few people spending more. 

Stop talking sense, you'll get talked about.

Spot on.

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

Your saying your entitled to your opinion... but people who have a differing opinion to yourself are labelled bedwetters :laugh: reyttt ok then

You conveniently forget the part you posted (Fans have the right to be worried about the club.Not just sit and clap and smile). Which is why i replied with the bedwetters comment. :biggrin: reyttt ok then. 

18 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Thats your opinion, fine. Fans also have the right not to bed wet at everything the club tries to do. The club also needs their valuation to be met before selling their assets. Anybody that agrees with selling for the sake of selling must be clueless. The Derby model hasn't worked either as they are still in the championship and are one of the clubs fighting for changes to FFP. Will be interesting if they dont go up this year as their current best players are all on loan to the club and not saleable assets. 

Shameless is fans slating DC while having no clue what it takes to run a football club. Just my opinion

If the aim is to avoid avoid a transfer embargo then the Derby model has worked really well (as far as I’m aware). Some people like to moan for the sake of moaning, always, but it’s not just a case of keeping quiet if you can’t afford this (or don’t want it even if you can). If us avoiding a transfer embargo hinges on the success of this scheme then of course people are going to be worried and comment accordingly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

You conveniently forget the part you posted (Fans have the right to be worried about the club.Not just sit and clap and smile). Which is why i replied with the bedwetters comment. :biggrin: reyttt ok then. 

Conveniently I forgot nothing... do fans not have the right to be worried in regard to their club? 

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

If the aim is to avoid avoid a transfer embargo then the Derby model has worked really well (as far as I’m aware). Some people like to moan for the sake of moaning, always, but it’s not just a case of keeping quiet if you can’t afford this (or don’t want it even if you can). If us avoiding a transfer embargo hinges on the success of this scheme then of course people are going to be worried and comment accordingly.

Some people are really struggling with that last part :laugh:

Its a bad picture for the club to continue to make these mistakes... it's just completely storing up a problem for the revenue line in the future to bring forward yet more income into this year. 

Smacks of a last ditch attempt to avoid the embargo and anything else that comes with it. Good luck if the money comes in but I don't really think it will.

Which fan can afford to take a gamble of many hundreds of pounds on a benefit that very easily could not happen. 

The scheme basically shows that everything is pinned on making the Premier League financially ... and as many have pointed out it's totally at odds with statements DC has made about the fans money not making a difference and making the Prem was not a crucial need.

I think a lot more fans would connect with the club if it showed them some long term sustainability plan and didn't spend silly transfer money and hand out massive contracts. 

At the moment we are just bringing more and more income forward in a perpetual gamble.

The Derby model hasn't got them to the Prem no, but they are in a way better financial state than us.

We need to learn to cash in on players when the stock is high, it's that simple. It's the only way clubs at this level can make it work.... Brooks, Vydra, Maddison, Chris Wood.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

With the sums involved to balance the books... I would say that asking the fans to pay forward isn't a "model" at all... it's brainless desperation.

Guest Willow Owl
Just now, 1993swfc said:

Conveniently I forgot nothing... do fans not have the right to be worried in regard to their club? 

I must have imagined the clap and smile comment then. 

Fans do have the right to worry. I haven't said anything against that. It is the over reaction to everything the club tries to do that gets my goat. 

Guest Willow Owl
3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Fans do have the right to worry. I haven't said anything against that. It is the over reaction to everything the club tries to do that gets my goat. 

@2roland2you seem to easily get confused. Anything i can help you with. 

8 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

You want to start looking at where the trouble is coming from instead of the fans getting your goat.

Edited by Costello 77

I’m just sick to death of us hard working, loyal fans being asked YET again to put our hand in our pockets.

We've been bent over time and time again - and accepted it, through nothing more than blind loyalty. Highest tickets in the league, most expensive ST’s, ridiculous pricing of merchandise etc and now this. Yet we accept it - through gritted teeth at times, all because of the club we love and want to do well.

And then, amazingly, to cap it off, if my memory serves me correctly- I’m pretty sure DC said our money doesn’t cover practically anything at our football club.

Cant wait to see how much ST’s are in the next month or so.

An absolute shambles if you ask me.

• Like 1

Just now, Shifty Powers said:

I’m just sick to death of us hard working, loyal fans being asked YET again to put our hand in our pockets.

We've been bent over time and time again - and accepted it, through nothing more than blind loyalty. Highest tickets in the league, most expensive ST’s, ridiculous pricing of merchandise etc and now this. Yet we accept it - through gritted teeth at times, all because of the club we love and want to do well.

And then, amazingly, to cap it off, if my memory serves me correctly- I’m pretty sure DC said our money doesn’t cover practically anything at our football club.

Cant wait to see how much ST’s are in the next month or so.

An absolute shambles if you ask me.

You're going to have to stump up because it was your desicion to do the money in on Rhodes.... when will you learn eh?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Honestly not read the full threat - don’t have the time and can’t be arsed.

if I really thought that things would change and DC would learn from past mistakes, bring a credible plan going forward with transparency, then I could be swayed. 

As it stands, the trust is not there. 

Not buying into it - just like the membership debacle but on steroids. 

Rant over. 

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Look I do slightly admire your optimism and blind faith, that aside the very reason everyone is reacting to what the club tries to do every time is because it’s making the same mistakes, over and over and over and over again, and it’s not learning from these mistakes that have us where we are, and we still haven’t learned. We have every right to be scared to death because nothing is being learned. 

If if I saw even a spec of mistakes being learned from or lo g term vision I would be absolutely delighted but once again this is a poo or bust idea. It’s just suicide 

In all seriousness. We are going to be in some sort of embargo but so are numerous clubs. The limit of 39million over 3 years is just ridiculous. It has been in place for a few seasons now but transfers and wages have shot up 10 fold and there has been no inflationary adjustment, Plus the unfair parachute payments. The EFL in my opinion have to change because if not nearly all clubs will fall foul to some sort of sanction within the next 12months and that defeats its original objective. If a club such as ours can prove they have the funds (which DC has)  Without taking loans from banks or risking administration they should be allowed to persue the dream of premiership football without having to come up with these schemes. 

I believe DC initial spending spree was because the FFP rules were easy to get round. Since being tightened we have been caught out (DC fault). I have no idea how things are goin to pan out but

Employing SB and the recent upturn in results are small steps in the right direction. 

Guest Willow Owl
24 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You want to start looking at where the trouble is coming from instead of the fans getting your goat.

You want to try reading my post. I said it is the over reactions to everything the club does that gets my goat not the fans. 

42 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Your getting on at people for having a genuine concern. I said that people have a right to complain and don’t have to sit on the fence. If you can’t understand that then I can’t help you 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 33 said:

Deary deary me

Either sell some players or sell some shares

This really does smack of cluelessness of the highest order

Here we go again, any idea just becomes an excuse to criticise.

I am sure they a not betting the farm on a huge take up of club 1867, it may help a little, still think a few players will leave. So stop all the drama.